Windows 10: Dad needs administrative account on son's laptop w/o Microsoft account

Discus and support Dad needs administrative account on son's laptop w/o Microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, My son is the lone user of his laptop. It runs Windows 10 v1909. We are finding he is staying up too late and this results in a dysfunctional... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RVC, Oct 24, 2020.

1. RVC
    RVC Win User

Dad needs administrative account on son's laptop w/o Microsoft account

Hello,

My son is the lone user of his laptop. It runs Windows 10 v1909. We are finding he is staying up too late and this results in a dysfunctional day after. I have my router locked down against viewing inappropriate content so I am not concerned about this issue. I need administrative control for maintaining the pc properly, establishing time limits for use/non-use. Additionally, since he is currently the only user his account (he does not have a Microsoft account) possess administrative rights. I need to remove these from his account until he is older.

Please advice - I am behind in getting these accounts configured and would like to do so this evening if possible.

:)

2. Try3 Win User

deleting administrator account w/o having password

When it asks non-admin accounts for an admin password to authorise something, it routinely suggests the last admin account used. If you click on More choices, you will see a list of admin accounts and you can just select the one you now have access to. The next time the dialog appears it will suggest that as the admin account to use to give permission to proceed.

Dad needs administrative account on son's laptop w/o Microsoft account [​IMG]

Once you have done this and seen it all working, you can either delete her old account [after having checked her user folders to make sure there is nothing there you need] or, assuming it is a local account not an MSAccount, just reset her password then put on a new one** so that the account is available as a spare admin.

** Which you should write down.

Denis

3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. cjayed Win User

Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?

I just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (Creator version) and decided to have the installation process create a Microsoft Account instead of bypassing that step like I have on other laptops in the past and creating a local account later. After the install I went to Accounts in the settings and saw that the Microsoft Account was listed as an Administrator. I always thought the main user should only have standard privs for security purposes. Thoughts? Should I create a new admin account and try and change the MSA to a standard account?

cjayed, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Dad needs administrative account on son's laptop w/o Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Dad needs administrative

2. Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10: Hello!I'm currently trying to access an old account on a desktop computer currently on Windows 10 I haven't used in a few years since I got my current laptop. However, I am unable to remember the password for the profile - which happens to be the Administrator profile for the...
  3. Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10: Hello!I'm currently trying to access an old account on a desktop computer currently on Windows 10 I haven't used in a few years since I got my current laptop. However, I am unable to remember the password for the profile - which happens to be the Administrator profile for the...
  4. Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I need to reset password for my sons Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to reset password for my sons Microsoft account: Split from this thread. Hello,I need to reset password for my sons Microsoft account which he uses to play Minecraft. I have been at it for 10 days now and I am only getting responses from automated systems which state that they cannot confirm my identity and I am getting...
  6. I need to reset password for my sons Microsoft account

I need to reset password for my sons Microsoft account: Split from this thread. Hello,I need to reset password for my sons Microsoft account which he uses to play Minecraft. I have been at it for 10 days now and I am only getting responses from automated systems which state that they cannot confirm my identity and I am getting...
  7. Install Windows 10 w/o Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 w/o Microsoft account: Hello: When setting up any PC, I set it up using a local account instead of using the other options e-mail, phone, Skype, etc.. I have a new PC with Windows 10 on it. I booted it up and selected my normal options including connecting to a local wifi network. Then I got...
  8. deleting administrator account w/o having password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    deleting administrator account w/o having password: I need to delete the administrator account on my windows 10 system at work because she is no longer working here & no one knows her password to get into the administrator account & delete it & set up a new one. can anyone tell me how to get this accomplished? 134348
  9. deleting administrator account w/o having password

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting administrator account w/o having password: I need to delete the administrator account on my windows 10 system at work because she is no longer working here & no one knows her password to get into the administrator account & delete it & set up a new one. can anyone tell me how to get this accomplished? 134348
  10. Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account

Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account: First off, thanks in advance for any help offered. My new ASUS laptop came with Windows 10, so this is not an upgrade install, but an OEM purchase, and therefore not a pre-release build. My problem is this: I accidentally uninstalled the Mail/Calendar app that comes with...