Windows 10: dad trying to build a computer with his son...and having SSD problems

Discus and support dad trying to build a computer with his son...and having SSD problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to help my son build a computer, and we are running into the following issue... Build is completed (I think), and when booting with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobbybattles, Dec 31, 2020.

1. dad trying to build a computer with his son...and having SSD problems

Hi,

I am trying to help my son build a computer, and we are running into the following issue...

Build is completed (I think), and when booting with the Windows 10 Boot USB attached, I get to the screen where it wants to know what disk I am going to install Windows on...but no disks appear as available.

I went into the BIOS to find options, and the disk does not appear there either.

Lastly, I tried the Diskpart route, and the disk also does not appear there.

I am using the Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac, and the SSD us a WD Blue M.2 2280. I have place the SSD in the Hyper M.2 port.

I have inspected the SSD and M.2 slot, all seems ok there.

After reading online documentation regarding this specific SSD, WD states that their internal SSD cards do not come partitioned, so I am wondering if this is causing my disk to not appear anywhere. If so, I can't figure out how to partition.

Any help is appreciated...this project that we undertook is proving to be troublesome...I feel we are close, but might have missed something in the process.

:)

bobbybattles, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Dec 31, 2020
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

I don't know what you are talking about. I just buy/sell random parts on the trading forum and the system in my profile resulted. *Stick Out Tongue dad trying to build a computer with his son...and having SSD problems :p

I kid, of course... sorta.

R-T-B, Dec 31, 2020
  4. dad trying to build a computer with his son...and having SSD problems

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

dad trying to build a computer with his son...and having SSD problems

1. dad trying to build a computer with his son...and having SSD problems - Similar Threads - dad trying build

2. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son forgot his password to login on his laptop: My son forgot his login on his laptop. How do i reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-forgot-his-password-to-login-on-his-laptop/bf7b1f19-09a7-41cf-83ef-3fffd112acd3
  3. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son forgot his password to login on his laptop: My son forgot his login on his laptop. How do i reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-forgot-his-password-to-login-on-his-laptop/bf7b1f19-09a7-41cf-83ef-3fffd112acd3
  4. my dad died and can't access his computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    my dad died and can't access his computer: my father died and left me his computer. unfortunately he didn't write down the password as i couldn't contact him as I live in another state. my father gave them said password. but no one wrote it down. I can provide email, death certification, and any information that is...
  5. my dad died and can't access his computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my dad died and can't access his computer: my father died and left me his computer. unfortunately he didn't write down the password as i couldn't contact him as I live in another state. my father gave them said password. but no one wrote it down. I can provide email, death certification, and any information that is...
  6. my dad died and can't access his computer

7. Yo, my dad wanted to give me his laptop but we have a problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yo, my dad wanted to give me his laptop but we have a problem: Apologies if this is the wrong topic. Anyways, The problem is that a company gave him laptop which means that there are gonna be some company restrictions and other stuff that alerts the company that youre messing around with the laptop. We were gonna try to reinstall windows...
  8. Yo, my dad wanted to give me his laptop but we have a problem

Yo, my dad wanted to give me his laptop but we have a problem: Apologies if this is the wrong topic. Anyways, The problem is that a company gave him laptop which means that there are gonna be some company restrictions and other stuff that alerts the company that youre messing around with the laptop. We were gonna try to reinstall windows...
  9. Yo, my dad wanted to give me his laptop but we have a problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. moving my son off my computer on to his own

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    moving my son off my computer on to his own: My son just received his own computer. I have connected everything for his account to the new computer. I am trying to remove his account from my computer as he will no longer be using this computer. Is there a way to do that without removing him from my family account?...