Windows 10: Daemon Tools Pro won't start or mount images

Discus and support Daemon Tools Pro won't start or mount images in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Like title says, for some reason Daemon Tools Pro (latest build 8.3.0) won't launch or mount images anymore. When I double click the application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ksio89, Feb 23, 2021.

1. ksio89 Win User

Daemon Tools Pro won't start or mount images

Like title says, for some reason Daemon Tools Pro (latest build 8.3.0) won't launch or mount images anymore. When I double click the application shortcut or images to mount (they're associated to open with DT), the loading cursor appears for a split second but nothing happens. It was working fine a couple of days ago, I don't have any idea on why it's not working anymore, I didn't install or change anything in Windows. I've already reinstalled the program it but didn't fix the issue.

I installed the free version (Lite) to test, and though the application launches, the images still don't mount on Explorer. I have to manually select a virtual drive and browse the image to mount. The application is working fine on my other two machines, it's so completely random and unexpected that I have no idea on what might be causing it.

OS info: Windows 10 Pro 19042.804

edit: I noticed the service DiscSoftBusServicePro.exe is not running on Task Manager, but I can't start it because it does not show on Services management console. Double clicking it also does nothing. Is there a way to manually start this process?

:)

ksio89, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Munki Win User

Mounting An image with daemon tools.

Not trying to be an azz,

LMGTFY

Munki, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Mounting An image with daemon tools.

Hi, I recently just got back into Warcraft 3. I haven't played the game in ages and realized i must have lost the disk. I have the game installed on my laptop but it needs the CD to run. I downloaded daemon tools lite, but i don't know where to get an image to mount? so that i can play the game Disk Free.

Hope you can help! Thanks in advance.

-Blackjack.

Blackjack49, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Daemon Tools Pro won't start or mount images

Can't uninstall daemon tools ultra

Hello Martin,

We realize the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you. Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1. Did you try removing the program from the Programs and Features?

2. Is any ISO file currently mounted on the computer using Daemon tools?

I understand you are unable to uninstall the Daemon tools application from your Windows 10 computer. I suggest you to check if you are using the Daemon tools application to mount an ISO image on the computer.

If you are doing so, please un- mount the image and close the Daemon tools application.

Further, you may try uninstalling it from the Programs and Features under Control Panel. This will remove the program as well as updates related to the program from the system. Refer the steps below to uninstall the application.

Steps:-

1. Press “Windows Key + X.”

2. Click on Programs and Features.

3. Right click on Daemon tools program then click
    Uninstall.

4. Follow the on screen instructions and restart the computer.

Also refer the below article for steps to uninstall an application on Windows 10.

Repair apps and programs in Windows 10

Do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Daemon Tools Pro won't start or mount images

1. Daemon Tools Pro won't start or mount images - Similar Threads - Daemon Tools Pro

2. failed to start the image tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed to start the image tool: Dear,I try to download and install the windows image from Microsoft website and once i choose to install on flash driver i got the following error and the installation end Any advice?Yousef...
  3. failed to start the image tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failed to start the image tool: Dear,I try to download and install the windows image from Microsoft website and once i choose to install on flash driver i got the following error and the installation end Any advice?Yousef...
  4. failed to start the image tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does my C drive space decrease when I mount an ISO image via Daemon Tools Lite?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my C drive space decrease when I mount an ISO image via Daemon Tools Lite?: Hello! The day before yesterday, I discovered that when mounting a 20 GB ISO file downloaded from the Internet using Daemon Tools Lite, I was losing space on the C drive somewhere. I have Windows 10 21H2. Now I have 110 GB free, before that I had 115-120 GB free. I have...
  6. Why does my C drive space decrease when I mount an ISO image via Daemon Tools Lite?

Why does my C drive space decrease when I mount an ISO image via Daemon Tools Lite?: Hello! The day before yesterday, I discovered that when mounting a 20 GB ISO file downloaded from the Internet using Daemon Tools Lite, I was losing space on the C drive somewhere. I have Windows 10 21H2. Now I have 110 GB free, before that I had 115-120 GB free. I have...
  7. Why does my C drive space decrease when I mount an ISO image via Daemon Tools Lite?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. daemon tools without a disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    daemon tools without a disk drive: my gaming pc doesn't have an internal dvd drive, is there anyway i can still use daemon tools without a dvd drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/daemon-tools-without-a-disk-drive/94e57842-c81b-495f-803f-8d7208fcc72c
  9. "Must uninstall Daemon Tools" to complete installation

"Must uninstall Daemon Tools" to complete installation: I have been trying to install Win 10 on my Win 7 computer, and I keep getting stalled when it says I need to uninstall Daemon Tools. I don't have this program on my computer (that I have found). I checked in everywhere and it's nowhere to be found. Suggestions? 14167
  10. Alternative to Daemon Tools Lite to mount Audio Cue/Bin CD images

Alternative to Daemon Tools Lite to mount Audio Cue/Bin CD images: I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, upgraded from 8.1. I always back up (legally purchased) audio CDs using ImgBurn which creates a .cue and .bin for each CD. If I need to access a CD, I used to use Daemon Tools lite to mount the .cue image, which worked fine. But daemon tools...