Windows 10: Daily BSOD and i cant figure out the cause

Discus and support Daily BSOD and i cant figure out the cause in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone I am running Win 10 on my desktop. Specs are: MB: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 3 GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 6core RAM: 2x8 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adam Rofe, May 5, 2020.

1. Adam Rofe Win User

Daily BSOD and i cant figure out the cause

Hi everyone

I am running Win 10 on my desktop. Specs are:

MB: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 3
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB
    CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 6core
    RAM: 2x8 GB

The lead up to my problem is that i had a BSOD event twice. A friend of mine suggested it could be a RAM problem and I tried reseating and cleaning dust off the RAM sticks. This seemed to really mess up my PC and i couldnt get it to run properly again. I then tried them individually and in each RAM slot. No luck. I reinstalled windows and it seemed to sort everything out, but im still having almost daily BSOD.

- I have run windows memory diagnostic tool - no issues
    - I ran memtest86 - no issues
    - I ran SFC scan - no issues
    - I ran DISM - no issues
    - ive tried uninstalling my Nvidia drivers and reinstalling the most up to date ones - no fix.

The error codes I am getting from BlueScreenView are telling me the following drivers are causing the crashes;

ntoskrnl.exe most of the crashes
    storahci.sys
    storport.sys

dxgkrnl.sys

can anyone suggest what i need to check next, or what might i do to try and fix this ?

Thanks

:)

Adam Rofe, May 5, 2020

2. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation daily

Those steps are not relevant to me. In those steps it asks to check the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers for iastore.sys in the listed drivers.

I do not have iastore as a driver nor is that the files causing the BSOD.

The driver that is causing it (I got this from BlueScreenView) is nvstore.sys which is listed as the driver for three identical items in 'storage controllers' There are 4 items there. 3 of them are called NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller. Those three
    all list this nvstore.sys as their driver.

I suspect that if I could replace or fix that driver it would solve the issue based on the advice given by Annanya. Does that sound right? If so, how would I go about it?

Dan

Daniel Freitag, May 5, 2020
  3. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, May 5, 2020
  4. Daily BSOD and i cant figure out the cause

ClumsyBadge2309, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Daily BSOD and i cant figure out the cause

1. Daily BSOD and i cant figure out the cause - Similar Threads - Daily BSOD cant

2. BSODs need help figuring out cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs need help figuring out cause: Hello, getting hit with BSODs relentlessly. Mostly memory management or irql less equal. But once also saw a kernel related stop code. Windows keeps crashing in couple of minutes of reboot. Also, was unsuccessful with resetting the OS -- the pc somehow restarted in the middle...
  3. Daily BSOD, unable to figure out what is causing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily BSOD, unable to figure out what is causing it: Hello!For quite awhile now I have been getting the BSOD daily, sometimes 3-4 times a day seemingly at random. It almost always happens when I'm not actively using the computer, such as playing gamesBUGCHECK ANALYSISCopyUNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7fThis means a trap occurred...
  4. Daily BSOD, unable to figure out what is causing it

Daily BSOD, unable to figure out what is causing it: Hello!For quite awhile now I have been getting the BSOD daily, sometimes 3-4 times a day seemingly at random. It almost always happens when I'm not actively using the computer, such as playing gamesBUGCHECK ANALYSISCopyUNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7fThis means a trap occurred...
  5. BSOD cant figure it out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD cant figure it out: Good morning,I have updated all drivers, turned UAC on, updated windows, etc and this one laptop keeps crashing with the same errors. I am hoping someone can analyze the dump file because I can't make any sense of...
  6. BSOD cant figure it out

BSOD cant figure it out: Good morning,I have updated all drivers, turned UAC on, updated windows, etc and this one laptop keeps crashing with the same errors. I am hoping someone can analyze the dump file because I can't make any sense of...
  7. BSOD cant figure it out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause: Hi I often get errors on a cold startup such as: Critical process diedSystem service exceptionPage fault in non paged area Memory mngmnt etc. Then after I reboot, generally the error goes away and sometimes I have to use the disk checker to clear up any ssd corruption before...
  9. Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD: Can someone help me figure out what's causing this BSOD? It's Win 10 Pro (1909). I've made sure the drivers and BIOS are up to date already and ran sfc /scannow that did repair some errors. ************* Path validation summary ************** Response Time (ms) Location...
  10. Windows 10 random BSOD cant figure out whats the cause.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 random BSOD cant figure out whats the cause.: Hi I have continuous problem with computer randomly crashes. How do I trace the source of the problem? In the eventviewer I found 2 posts under critical 1) 0x3D55: Package family microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted....