Windows 10: daily BSOD during normal windows use (not gameplay)

Discus and support daily BSOD during normal windows use (not gameplay) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get a BSOD on my computer (my 2nd system), almost every day once or twice.. It seems to happen randomly. Usually during "normal" windows use, while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Smurfmans, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Smurfmans Win User

daily BSOD during normal windows use (not gameplay)

I get a BSOD on my computer (my 2nd system), almost every day once or twice..
    It seems to happen randomly. Usually during "normal" windows use, while using office applications, or wniodws explorer. Not during gameplay.

Today, I got three BSOD. I was using Citrix and google chrome. The error messages I read on the BSOD are different.

I created a log with "dm_log_collector" because the "log collector v2-beta17" did ot seem to work on my computer.
    See attached.

I would appreciate any help in solving this.

:)

Smurfmans, Feb 1, 2019

2. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation daily

Those steps are not relevant to me. In those steps it asks to check the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers for iastore.sys in the listed drivers.

I do not have iastore as a driver nor is that the files causing the BSOD.

The driver that is causing it (I got this from BlueScreenView) is nvstore.sys which is listed as the driver for three identical items in 'storage controllers' There are 4 items there. 3 of them are called NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller. Those three
    all list this nvstore.sys as their driver.

I suspect that if I could replace or fix that driver it would solve the issue based on the advice given by Annanya. Does that sound right? If so, how would I go about it?

Dan

Daniel Freitag, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Solitaire Daily Challenges Won't Load

Hi Tavinia,

I appreciate your efforts and time.

It could be due to missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

For Solitaire issues refer the link below.

Microsoft Solitaire Collection FAQ:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/game-titles/microsoft-solitaire-collection-faq

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot gameplay issues on Windows 10:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...ndows/troubleshoot-gameplay-issues-windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Games. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 1, 2019
  4. mzaccone Win User

mzaccone, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

1. daily BSOD during normal windows use (not gameplay) - Similar Threads - daily BSOD during

2. crash during gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crash during gameplay: Dears i'm playing a game which is using EasyAntiCheat application and i'm alwyas crash after few mints from playing, so after detect the issue from enent veiwer i got these two down below events happend during crash i know that its related to filter manager with the...
  3. crash during gameplay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    crash during gameplay: Dears i'm playing a game which is using EasyAntiCheat application and i'm alwyas crash after few mints from playing, so after detect the issue from enent veiwer i got these two down below events happend during crash i know that its related to filter manager with the...
  4. Windows 11 22H2 Reference by Pointer BSOD during gameplay.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 Reference by Pointer BSOD during gameplay.: I had a Reference by Pointer BSOD and I have no clue how it happened while playing BF2042. I could troubleshoot it myself but I don't have the time and I'll share the dmp file below. Probably a bad RAM? haven't checked it yet through memory diagnostics. I've been getting...
  5. Windows 11 22H2 Reference by Pointer BSOD during gameplay.

Windows 11 22H2 Reference by Pointer BSOD during gameplay.: I had a Reference by Pointer BSOD and I have no clue how it happened while playing BF2042. I could troubleshoot it myself but I don't have the time and I'll share the dmp file below. Probably a bad RAM? haven't checked it yet through memory diagnostics. I've been getting...
  6. Bluescreen during normal use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen during normal use: I've got multiple bluescreens this month during normal activity. I'm doing my normal health checks now but can I ask someone to examine the minidumps to see what it could be?DISM and SFC both came up without an issue being found. There seems to be no sign of when it will...
  7. Bluescreen during normal use

Bluescreen during normal use: I've got multiple bluescreens this month during normal activity. I'm doing my normal health checks now but can I ask someone to examine the minidumps to see what it could be?DISM and SFC both came up without an issue being found. There seems to be no sign of when it will...
  8. Bluescreen during normal use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. single BSOD during daily work

single BSOD during daily work: Hello all again. I have an employee that experienced a BSOD. I believe it was due to a RAM dump (since the computers aren't top of the line and they were running a lot) programs used during the run were: RDC (which was running a structural-wood program) Revit 2017...
  10. BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER during normal use

BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER during normal use: Hey guys ! Already ran memtest and it came out as pass, updated the bios and made sure i had my drivers updated, dont really know whats going on :/ Error file comes up as ntoskrnl.exe Had previous BSOD with nvlddmkm.sys but fixed it already Attachment 115586...