Windows 10: Daily BSOD in hal.dll with bugcheck code 133 since last windows update

Discus and support Daily BSOD in hal.dll with bugcheck code 133 since last windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need help identifying the driver causing the BSOD in Windows 10.0.14393.206. It seems that every other set of MS updates causes this BSOD after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MontanaBoy81, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Daily BSOD in hal.dll with bugcheck code 133 since last windows update

I need help identifying the driver causing the BSOD in Windows 10.0.14393.206.

It seems that every other set of MS updates causes this BSOD after I upgraded to Windows 10 about a year ago. My computer was stable for a few months, then an update would cause random crashes, then a few weeks later another update would stabilize my system, then update/crashes. Haven't changed hardware at all.

Currently, I have a BSOD every day since the last windows update about 3 weeks ago. I haven't been able to identify which driver is causing the issue.

Thanks

:)

MontanaBoy81, Dec 5, 2016
  2. leandronb Win User

BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH win32full.sys on Windows 10

I ran Bluescreenview as told in the thread you linked and it says that BSOD was caused by hal.dll bugcheck code was 0x00000001.

It was also highlighted in red the files ntoskrnl.exe, win32kbase.sys and win32kfull.sys.

In that thread the BCCode was 0x00000024 so i don't know if it applies to the error i had.

leandronb, Dec 5, 2016
  3. NGeri Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD hal.dll

Hey all,

I have a problem nowadays, the Windows 10 crashes to desktop mainly when using Skype, but not only. A crash analyzer says:

This was probably caused by the following module:
    hal.dll (hal+0x1A39E)

Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF802AAF0539E, 0xFFFFF802AAA2E380, 0x0)

Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll

This was probably caused by the following module:
    hal.dll (hal!HalAcpiGetTableEx+0x223E)

Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF802AAF0539E, 0xFFFFF802AAA2E380, 0x0)

Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll

PC: Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 16299

Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS

Hardware: MS-7918, MSI, H97 GAMING 3 (MS-7918)

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz Intel586, level: 6

4 logical processors, active mask: 15

RAM: 17109258240 bytes total

Anyone knows how to solve this?

Thank you,

Gery

NGeri, Dec 5, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

Daily BSOD in hal.dll with bugcheck code 133 since last windows update

All 5 dumpfiles from december blame:
    Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvstor.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvstor.sys Probably caused by : nvstor.sys ( nvstor+7468 )[/quote] Timestamp: Mon Apr 21 20:34:03 2014
    Driver Description: nVidia Storage Drivers
    Driver Update Site: Download Drivers | NVIDIA
    First look on the supportpage of your mobo.

lifetec, Dec 5, 2016
  5. Thanks, lifetec.
    NVidia does not update their legacy drivers like nvstor.sys. Using Device Manager, I updated two instances of NVidia nForce SATA controller to use standard IDE/ATA drivers instead of nvstor.sys. I am optimistic as my computer hasn't BSOD in 9 days but before the change, it was BSOD every day.

MontanaBoy81, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Daily BSOD in hal.dll with bugcheck code 133 since last windows update

1. Daily BSOD in hal.dll with bugcheck code 133 since last windows update - Similar Threads - Daily BSOD hal

2. HAL INITIALIZATION Blue Screen Bugcheck code 5c

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HAL INITIALIZATION Blue Screen Bugcheck code 5c: Hello all,I've recently built a new machine and have been getting the occasional crash. I can't find anything directly in the minidump that would be causing it, but maybe someone with a bit more knowledge would be able to easily spot the issue.I've done all of the classic...
  3. HAL INITIALIZATION Blue Screen Bugcheck code 5c

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HAL INITIALIZATION Blue Screen Bugcheck code 5c: Hello all,I've recently built a new machine and have been getting the occasional crash. I can't find anything directly in the minidump that would be causing it, but maybe someone with a bit more knowledge would be able to easily spot the issue.I've done all of the classic...
  4. HAL INITIALIZATION Blue Screen Bugcheck code 5c

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer freezing daily since last update

Computer freezing daily since last update: My machine has been freezing daily since the last update, it never did that before. I tried looking online to see how to diagnose the issue but have not been successful. Has anyone else been having the same problem? Is Microsoft aware of this? Any plans to fix or diagnose it?...
  6. BSOD with code: 133

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with code: 133: Hello,PC specifications:32gb RAM1tb nvme windows drive has other software and 2 games on it500gb ssd for game storage2tb hdd for media storageMotherboard: Asus Prime x570-ProRyzen 9 3900xtAsus Tuf 3070I got a BSOD with code 133. I have the minidump file to provide.I was...
  7. BSODs since last update

BSODs since last update: Split from this thread. Hi Windows 10 Support, I'm having very unstable machine since last update gone in 20H2, see below for more details: Hi Everyone, Would you please be able to assist, i'm having unpredictable BSOD errors in Windows 10 latest update 20H2, going...
  8. BSOD - error codes 109, a, 133, 133, 133

BSOD - error codes 109, a, 133, 133, 133: I have a new gaming pc just got delivered and it's BSOD 5 times. specs: Device name DESKTOP-3RG8SD0 Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable GPU : Nvidia 3070 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  9. Windows Silent BSOD/Bugcheck Error Code 133, Code 141

Windows Silent BSOD/Bugcheck Error Code 133, Code 141: For some reason I have been enduring issues with Windows and/or my computer crashing randomly; according to the reliability error, I am receiving a number of errors that I have listed below: Error Code 133 - Windows Shut Down Unexpectedly, BlueScreen Error Code 141 -...
  10. BSOD on Idle, Bugcheck 0x000000ea daily since Fall Update

BSOD on Idle, Bugcheck 0x000000ea daily since Fall Update: So basically i started getting intermittent reboots with bugcheck 0x000000ea error. The machine has been very stable until the fall update and has BSOD'd at least once a day almost every day barring two since installing the fall update(it did not bugcheck the day after or...
Tags: