Windows 10: Daily new pics not showing up as background on MS edge welcome tab home screen.

Discus and support Daily new pics not showing up as background on MS edge welcome tab home screen. in Cortana to solve the problem; I used to get new pictures at the welcome tab daily but after installing a new copy of windows, I only see the edge logo. The edge browser is updated... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Daily new pics not showing up as background on MS edge welcome tab home screen.

I used to get new pictures at the welcome tab daily but after installing a new copy of windows, I only see the edge logo. The edge browser is updated to the latest version.

Daily new pics not showing up as background on MS edge welcome tab home screen. 86b8bd22-96b3-44c3-94e9-f04aa14ff3fd?upload=true.png

:)

Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Mar 31, 2021

2. Edge new tab

Hello All,

Sorry for the delayed response from our end.

Please be informed that Edge open a new tab to a specific webpage every time you click the "+" button at the right of a tab. Customizable options available are

• Show top sites
    • Show top sites
    • My news feed
    However you can still enjoy the best of the best features of the Internet Explorer using Microsoft Edge browser page.

Follow below steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Tap the three-dot menu (More Actions) on the top right on any page that you want to open in Internet Explorer.

3. Select Open With Internet Explorer.

Your recommendation is a valuable feedback for us and a scope for further improvement.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thanks

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Custom desktop background that updates daily

Hi,

We loved your suggestion to have a a background with a countdown for an specified date. We can consider this suggestion for future updates. To give you another option, we suggest to use Windows spotlight instead. Kindly follow the steps below to configure
    it:

• Open Settings app.
    • Click on Personalization
    • Click on Lockscreen tab at the left panel.
    • Under Background, select Windows spotlight.
    • Under Choose an app to show detailed status, select
      Calendar
      app icon.

Note: Please make sure that you are logged in to Calendar app where the appointments was set.

Let us know if you have further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Daily new pics not showing up as background on MS edge welcome tab home screen.

Edge new tab

Hi Pat,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Especially for Edge, its New tab page also shows “suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.

Daily new pics not showing up as background on MS edge welcome tab home screen. edge_newtab_10122_1.png

In Microsoft Edge, you have an option not to show the New tab page when you open a new tab. Just head to the ellipsis icon at the top right then select Settings. In Settings panel, you’ll see the option “Open new tab with.” In the drop-down menu, select
    “Blank page” to disable New tab page.

Daily new pics not showing up as background on MS edge welcome tab home screen. edge_newtab_10122_2.png

Daily new pics not showing up as background on MS edge welcome tab home screen. edge_newtab_10122_3.png

How to disable suggested content in New tab page

Suggested content has your information at a glance: weather, national news, local news, and even featured apps from the Store. Sometimes you don’t want to see this cluster and wish to hide it. To do that, you need to open Settings via the ellipsis icon.
    Then select “Top sites” in the drop-down menu of “Open new tab with.”

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Daily new pics not showing up as background on MS edge welcome tab home screen.

1. Daily new pics not showing up as background on MS edge welcome tab home screen. - Similar Threads - Daily pics showing

2. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  3. MS Edge NEW TAB Content

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge NEW TAB Content: I keep "Hiding" news feeds that I consider left wing propaganda, but they keep coming back, sites like CNN and its ilk. How can I make this "hide" option permanent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-edge-new-tab-content/f1e20e7f-1b44-45c2-8bd7-7bcfdc0eeec2
  4. Using Microsoft Edge's Home Tab Background As Desktop Background Theme

Using Microsoft Edge's Home Tab Background As Desktop Background Theme: Hello, I've been using Edge for a while now, and let me start by saying it is really good and quickly became my default and main browser. Now, I've set the home tab to have the "image of the day" background and with the feedback to the algorithm I usually get images I...
  5. Tabs problem with MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Tabs problem with MS Edge: I am annoyed by something Edge does every time I open it. Suppose I visit BBC London, Paris Match, Settings, etc. and then close down Edge. The next time I open Edge, at the very top of the page, I get tabs showing BBC London, Paris Match, Settings, etc. Sometimes there are...
  6. MS Edge New Tab Blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Edge New Tab Blank: Have set new tabs to show recent sites, but new tabs are only blank. Was working until recently. Have toggled settings, restart edge, restart windows all without luck. Edge v44.18362.449 on Windows 1909, Feb. cumulative updates. Dell 9365 laptop. submitted by /u/Bioman52...
  7. Background PICS

Background PICS: I want to make background pictures change more often than the system allows me to set. For example, every 30 seconds but I can set a minimum of 1 minute. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-pics/846bcc64-5534-4f27-bd51-8df6deb05ceb
  8. Login screen wont show up on welcome screen

Login screen wont show up on welcome screen: So whenever I press any button or slide up with my mouse button it does not show up with the login screen. There is no power button on the welcome screen so I cant do a safe mode troubleshoot ----------------------------------- http:/youtu.be/o/MCRamgJgg heres how it...
  9. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826
  10. MS Edge Home Button Not Showing Up?

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Home Button Not Showing Up?: In the advanced setting I have the button turned on to show the Home button. But, there is a space for it next to the refresh icon, but no button itself (blank area)? If I turn the setting off the space goes away, turning it back on the space appears again, but no...