Windows 10: Daily system CPU usage being used at 18%-20% ntoskrnl to blame?

Discus and support Daily system CPU usage being used at 18%-20% ntoskrnl to blame? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Okay so since I have done a fresh install of Windows on my ASUS ROG laptop and I have been noticing that daily for about 10-minuteness at a time. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Redbatman, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Redbatman Win User

Daily system CPU usage being used at 18%-20% ntoskrnl to blame?

Okay so since I have done a fresh install of Windows on my ASUS ROG laptop and I have been noticing that daily for about 10-minuteness at a time. I have been getting my system using my CPU and ntoskrnl according to process explorer is the cause. I have also done the tests of enabling and disabling certain devices in device manager and no good so far. I have downloaded and used Windows performance analyzer for two minutes. I would like to send the file but it says its too big for this site so PM me.

:)

Redbatman, Aug 10, 2019
  2. niconpl Win User

ntoskrnl High CPU usage

Hello Guys , im strugling for few days with this and no luck.

ntoskrnl is constantly using 1 of cores as shown below.

Daily system CPU usage being used at 18%-20% ntoskrnl to blame? [​IMG]

Process name is System and compressed memory, and is pointing to ntoskrnl

Daily system CPU usage being used at 18%-20% ntoskrnl to blame? [​IMG]

Im using laptop Samsung np350v5c-s0dpl
    i7 3630qm
    8gm ram
    Intel Hd graphics 4000
    Amd Radeon 7600M
    -----------------------------------

What's more interesting , this started after i swaped my DVD drive with HDD.. when i run only with SSD in mail slot it;s normal.
    Already try clean install but still the same.
    I can share WPT on PM

niconpl, Aug 10, 2019
  3. System using 20% cpu

Hello,

Try to identify the process creating this issue.

Download Process Explorer from Microsoft:

Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals

Run the tool then select the system process, right-click and select Properties.

Switch to the Threads tab. This will show which file is using the excessive CPU usage, from which you can then attempt to diagnose it.

You can also refer suggestions mentioned here:

[FIX] Windows 10 High CPU Usage Problem

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Daily system CPU usage being used at 18%-20% ntoskrnl to blame?

NT & Kernel System (ntoskrnl) using High CPU

As suggested, I created a WPR file to log what may be wrong in my system.

The system process is always using up to 20% of CPU, even when computer is idle.

This is the file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AonkUtCx1BYQiuUFV6WRecu0xK37IA

Thank you very much for your assistance

PauloRSoares, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Daily system CPU usage being used at 18%-20% ntoskrnl to blame?

1. Daily system CPU usage being used at 18%-20% ntoskrnl to blame? - Similar Threads - Daily system CPU

2. Ntoskrnl using high CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ntoskrnl using high CPU: Im thinking of doing a repair upgrade because of this ntoskrnl issue Should I do this repiar upgrade Will it solve my issue Will it reinstall windows 10 on my pcIt doesn't matter if it deletes my files Can I fix this issue by a repair upgrade...
  3. NTOSKRNL SYSTEM PROCESS HIGH CPU

NTOSKRNL SYSTEM PROCESS HIGH CPU: SOMETIMES WHEN I KEEP MY PC ON AND NOT USING IT THE FANS START TO RAMP UP I NOTICED THAT THE SYSTEM PROCESS IN TASK MANAGER IS HOGGING 30 PERCENT OF MY CPU I DID A SFC SCANNOW IN CMD AND THERE WERE NO INTEGRITY VIOLATIONS THEN I TRIED RESTARTING THE PC THEN IT ALL WENT BACK...
  4. High CPU usage because of system ntoskrnl

High CPU usage because of system ntoskrnl: This is the screenshot of my problem. Even after resetting my windows about 5 time the problem still exist, I have already tried so many solution that now I don't know what to do any more. The CPU usage spikes to 100% many times....
  5. ntoskrnl System process using high CPU when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ntoskrnl System process using high CPU when idle: Everytime I left my PC idle for around 10 minutes it causes the System process in Task Manager to go up as much as 60-70% in CPU usage. Once I move the mouse again or do some sort of movement it stops and CPU usage goes back to normal. When I right click the System process...
  6. System ntoskrnl high cpu usage

System ntoskrnl high cpu usage: On startup the ntoskrnl process quickly begins using 30% of my cpu power without any other tasks running this wont go away although performing a restart seems to cure it, whenever I turn the pc on from cold it starts again I have done a fresh install of windows 10, gone...
  7. Daily system CPU usage being used at 18%-20% ntoskrnl to blame?

in Windows 10 Support
    Daily system CPU usage being used at 18%-20% ntoskrnl to blame?: Okay so since I have done a fresh install of Windows on my ASUS ROG laptop and I have been noticing that daily for about 10-minuteness at a time. I have been getting my system using my CPU and ntoskrnl according to process explorer is the cause. I have also done the tests of...
  8. System using 20% cpu

System using 20% cpu: Hello! My CPU is used aprox 10-15% everytime by acpi.sys + 0x42f50 All drivers are upated, bios update, scanned with malwarebytes. [ATTACH] Can somneone help me ? Best Regards, Andrei...
  9. "System and Compressed Memory" constant 20-25% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "System and Compressed Memory" constant 20-25% CPU usage: This is a problem that has been going on for about a week now and I've tried A LOT of solutions. This started when I wanted to play Battlefield 1 beta and it said I needed to update my driver, my computer had 0 issues prior to this after the install system and compressed...
  10. ntoskrnl High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ntoskrnl High CPU usage: Hello Guys , im strugling for few days with this and no luck. ntoskrnl is constantly using 1 of cores as shown below. [img] Process name is System and compressed memory, and is pointing to ntoskrnl [img] Im using laptop Samsung np350v5c-s0dpl i7...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu usage always 18% windows 10

2. ntoskrnl 20% cpu

3. no viruses found but system running at 18% cpu