Windows 10: Daily usage with Administrator or Regular User Account Windows 10

Discus and support Daily usage with Administrator or Regular User Account Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is it safer using a regular user account than an administrator account for day to day usage? If I add a 2nd user, does that mean that I have to also... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by windoc, Jul 26, 2020.

1. windoc Win User

Daily usage with Administrator or Regular User Account Windows 10

Is it safer using a regular user account than an administrator account for day to day usage? If I add a 2nd user, does that mean that I have to also have a second Microsoft account, or can I have two user accounts, one admin, one regular, logged in with the same Microsoft account?

:)

windoc, Jul 26, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Daily usage with Administrator or Regular User Account Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Administrator account keeps disappearing after regular user logs off

Welcome to TemForums @Sidster

The Administrator account is not intended for regular use and is disabled by default.

If you require an account with admin privileges to appear in the list of available accounts for sign in, then it is better practice to create an additional local user account and make it an administrator. Then you should disable the Administrator account and only enable it in emergencies.

Thema:

1. Daily usage with Administrator or Regular User Account Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Daily usage Administrator

2. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Administrator user account on first time user account creation. it has deleted my C: drive and all I'm left with is an X drive. I cannot logon because it keeps asking for password and there's none. please help...
  3. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Administrator user account on first time user account creation. it has deleted my C: drive and all I'm left with is an X drive. I cannot logon because it keeps asking for password and there's none. please help...
  4. Regular "User" account, separate "Administrator" account for escalation...whats the right way?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regular "User" account, separate "Administrator" account for escalation...whats the right way?: I have two 2 accounts, one is a standard user account for all daily tasks; the second is for elevating privileges when required installing software, etc. This works 'ok' most of the time, but there are scenarios where doing this causes the software to install instead on the...
  5. Administrator account keeps disappearing after regular user logs off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator account keeps disappearing after regular user logs off: Hi, Win10 v1903 build 18362.295. I have a regular user configured and the default administrator account. Every time the regular user is done and shuts down the computer, the administrator account is missing on startup at the Windows login prompt - the only option is to log...
  6. Types of sign in accounts... administrator or regular user??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Types of sign in accounts... administrator or regular user??: When I set up my new Pavilion desktop, I set up my profile account using my Gmail/ Microsoft account as an ADMINISTRATOR. When I try to access my Quicken account, I get a message that Quicken does not allow administrators to access accounts! So, I suppose I have to set up...
  7. Windows 10 - Desktop - how to close sessions of regular users with Administrator

Windows 10 - Desktop - how to close sessions of regular users with Administrator: Hi! I need to unsintall some apps we no longer need. One of the other users in our desktop did not close their sessions. Is there a way to closing their sessions with the Administrator or should I just shut down the computer?...
  8. Windows 10 User Account Administrator

Windows 10 User Account Administrator: I tried to change the Administrator in my laptop through Windows 10, but somehow the laptop no longer has an Administrator on any of the user accounts. When I try to make a change to my computer using an app or program, I’m requested to provide admin permission through the...
  9. Enable Administrator account through user account in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable Administrator account through user account in windows 10: Dear All, I just created a local user account in windows 10 pro. But unfortunately, I disable the administrator account and restart the system. i wanted to enable administrator account again now but its showing access is denied error. Can anyone suggest me to enable...
  10. User Account / Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account / Administrator: well, I have nobody to blame but myself but when installing Windows 10 I allowed the software to create a Microsoft account and it naturally built an account with no administrator privileges. Of course this is totally wortless for me - I'm the only User on this laptop and...