Windows 10: Daisy-chaining mirrors instead of extending displays

Discus and support Daisy-chaining mirrors instead of extending displays in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Runnig MSI GT80 Titan SLI, with dual Nvidia 980m. Two monitors are Dell U3014, both. I run this config: CPU -> mini-DP to DP on primary U3014 - DP-out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dictum, Jun 8, 2021.

1. dictum Win User

Daisy-chaining mirrors instead of extending displays

Runnig MSI GT80 Titan SLI, with dual Nvidia 980m. Two monitors are Dell U3014, both. I run this config: CPU -> mini-DP to DP on primary U3014 - DP-out to DP-in (Secondary Dell U3014) the monitors are mirrored. Windows sees daisy-chained monitors as a single U3014. I have successfully daisy-chained two U2713HM monitors with this machine so know it can be done. I set the MST to "on". However Dell U3014 lacks the MST option. So I set both to Display Port 1.2 and there aren't any options in the on-screen menu. Nvidia config program isn't of any help either, it too like Windows sees only one U3014 monitor instead of two. I've done driver upgrades, rebooting, powering off, removing power cables, etc. to no avail. I am running the latest-greatest Win 10 prior to this newest upgrade that's not forced yet. - - - Updated - - - solved it.. it's the confusing Dell U3014 OSD menu While it does not explicitly mention MST, turning on DP 1.2 apparently also turns on MST. The menus are downright confusing. The older Dell U2713HM specifically stated MST.

:)

dictum, Jun 8, 2021

2. DisplayPort Daisy Chain on Dell Monitor not working

We have a problem where a user has 4 monitors hooked up to their Windows 10 system with an RTX 2070 for graphics. They wanted to reserve the HDMI slot on the card, so I suggested running their 24" Dell monitors by daisy chaining the last two monitors. We enabled DisplayPort 1.2 in the Dell settings (FYI - you need to have a valid video signal to get to the menu to turn this on) and double checked that MST was enabled for the graphics card. After plugging in the daisy chained monitor, the monitor would flicker an image of the desktop for a second and then go black.

Windows 10 registered that the monitor was attached and daisy chained but we couldn't get an image to display. Looking around the web and I found a lot of articles saying Dell monitors are terrible for daisy chaining but beyond not enabling DP 1.2 and MST, nothing else was a solution to our problem. Since there is an image that flickers when you first hook it up, it seems like it is just a driver or display issue. Any thoughts?

Slippery Pete, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Daisy Chaining Routers 4 times Is it possible?

Hello everyone,

If I want to extend my wifi network in a daisy chain format but instead of 2 jumps i'll be making 4 jumps. Is this possible? Uploaded a diagram:
    Daisy-chaining mirrors instead of extending displays wifi-jpg.jpg

Michael1984, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Daisy-chaining mirrors instead of extending displays

Using a Display Dock HD500 to extend across two Displayport displays

Does anyone know or got working using a Lumia 950XL with a Display Dock and two Displays daisy chained using their displayports in "extended" display mode. I have it working just fine as "duplicated" but there does not seem to be "extended" capability.

Stephan King, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Daisy-chaining mirrors instead of extending displays

1. Daisy-chaining mirrors instead of extending displays - Similar Threads - Daisy chaining mirrors

2. Extended and mirror display problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended and mirror display problem: While the cursor works but clicking on anything doesn't work on extended display and if set on mirror display the colour calibration resets on the main monitor im using asus vivobook with xp pen display tablet...
  3. Extended and mirror display problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extended and mirror display problem: While the cursor works but clicking on anything doesn't work on extended display and if set on mirror display the colour calibration resets on the main monitor im using asus vivobook with xp pen display tablet...
  4. Daisy-chaining on new PC not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daisy-chaining on new PC not working: Hi, I have a dual monitor set-up, both Lenovo P24h-10, monitor A being my 'main' monitor connected to either my work laptop via USB-C or my personal computer using DP. My secondary monitor, let's call it monitor B, is connected to monitor A via DP out. Monitor B input is...
  5. Daisy-chaining on new PC not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Daisy-chaining on new PC not working: Hi, I have a dual monitor set-up, both Lenovo P24h-10, monitor A being my 'main' monitor connected to either my work laptop via USB-C or my personal computer using DP. My secondary monitor, let's call it monitor B, is connected to monitor A via DP out. Monitor B input is...
  6. HDMI & DisplayPort Daisy Chain?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI & DisplayPort Daisy Chain?: Can I take HDMI out of my laptop, into a monitor, and then DisplayPort out of that monitor into a second monitor?I've tried, and can't make it work.Is there a setting or is this not possible?Thanks....
  7. Mirror One Display and Extend another.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mirror One Display and Extend another.: Let's say I have a three monitor setup. Is there a way to have the second monitor mirror the first, and the third extend? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirror-one-display-and-extend-another/9d6180a5-94a2-47c5-8adc-4254b0335b3a
  8. Extend and Mirror Displays at the Same Time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extend and Mirror Displays at the Same Time?: Is it possible in Windows 10 to extend and mirror displays at the same time. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish: mirror laptop screen to external display 1 extend laptop screen to external display 2 Is this possible or am I stuck either mirroring or extending but not...
  9. 5 Monitors - One Gpu with Daisy Chain DP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    5 Monitors - One Gpu with Daisy Chain DP: I've been trying to get 5 monitors working with one GPU but having a few issues. As most know, nvidia limits display output to 4 windows. I was hoping to get around that by daisy chaining two monitors with DP. After trying a few different set ups, I can't seem to get windows...
  10. Network question Daisy chaining shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network question Daisy chaining shares: Hi folks If I have a NAS / LINUX server and a Windows machine on a network I can mount a Windows drive on to the NAS server and if it's mounted on a SAMBA share e.g /mnt/sharename then anybody who has access to the server can also access the Windows share (assuming right...