Windows 10: Damaged/Corrupted files after dropping laptop

Discus and support Damaged/Corrupted files after dropping laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, apologies if this is potentially the wrong topic I unfortunately dropped my laptop say 1 meter this morning. I booted my laptop back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cmq07, Sep 9, 2020.

1. cmq07 Win User

Damaged/Corrupted files after dropping laptop

Hello everyone, apologies if this is potentially the wrong topic

I unfortunately dropped my laptop say 1 meter this morning. I booted my laptop back up as I was going to be using it and it started checking the c drive. It finished and everything seemed to be fine. Was able to log in, don't remember seeing any errors. I then tried to add an attachment to an email I was trying to send but couldn't see any file or folder names. I thought it was just that window acting up but I checked my normal folder and all the names of the files aren't appearing but it seems that they appear in the file directory at times.

It also seems that it's mostly Microsoft and Adobe files that I created that are affected? I have some Arduino files and they seem to be ok There doesn't seem to be too much rhyme or reason as to what got damaged and what didn't don't seem to be specific folders or newest/older stuff, just completely random. Is there firstly a way to try and restore all these files? I have a fair few so it would be impossible for me to remember them all and which ones if damaged were important.

Secondly, the names not appearing/disappearing/no menu options. Do I just need to restart the computer? I haven't done so yet Kinda scared to Like I said, file names don't appear in the window but do when the file is loaded and it still has some information about the file. Also on the window explorer, the names of folders disappear when I hover over then but reappear when I move away from that section of window. And also when I right on specific programs windows explorer, task manager that have no file names showing, I get the options menu with however many options you'd normally have but once again no text so it's a complete guessing game.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Damaged/Corrupted files after dropping laptop f530c699-253d-4e7e-8ed8-3b396328d935?upload=true.png Damaged/Corrupted files after dropping laptop b4cd5ef8-af81-4911-b2f9-911c5ace5523?upload=true.png Damaged/Corrupted files after dropping laptop ffd7c901-fe02-438b-ab95-0e9026df7f8f?upload=true.png Damaged/Corrupted files after dropping laptop 05712dcb-6da7-46b4-bd79-5f0a8002f676?upload=true.png

:)

cmq07, Sep 9, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Corrupt .jpg files

well... no. corrupt means the data is lost. Parts of the files are missing or over-written, so you only recovered empty/damaged files. nothing you can do there.

Mussels, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Damaged/Corrupted files after dropping laptop

Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Damaged/Corrupted files after dropping laptop

1. Damaged/Corrupted files after dropping laptop - Similar Threads - Damaged Corrupted files

2. OEM Windows 11 system files suddenly damaged/ corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OEM Windows 11 system files suddenly damaged/ corrupted.: My Lenovo laptop was pre-installed with Windows 10 and upgraded to Windows 11 when the manufacturer released the same. It was working fine until about a week ago, when suddenly after booting the laptop, I started getting messages that dll files are corrupted/damaged, through...
  3. Corrupt or Damaged System File?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt or Damaged System File?: My Thinkpad laptop crashed, I got the BSOD. Restarting took much longer than usual, and the start button and taskbar icons are missing. What's left is very slow, and is mostly unresponsive. I can get into most files and programs through desktop shortcuts and a file manager....
  4. Corrupt or Damaged System File?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt or Damaged System File?: My Thinkpad laptop crashed, I got the BSOD. Restarting took much longer than usual, and the start button and taskbar icons are missing. What's left is very slow, and is mostly unresponsive. I can get into most files and programs through desktop shortcuts and a file manager....
  5. Corrupt or Damaged File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt or Damaged File: I was working on a Word Document when I got the blue screen (stopcode) that indicates that there was an issue with my computer and it shuts down. After getting logged back in, I tried to open my Word document again, but suddenly I am getting this error: [ATTACH] I tried...
  6. Windows 10 Corrupted / Damaged

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Corrupted / Damaged: A few times now I have had a (or what looks like) a Windows notification to say that it is damaged and I need to carry out instructions to avoid my files being deleted. There is a countdown timer and a high pitched beeping that is really annoying. I think it is spam but, I...
  7. delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file

delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file: Hello, I have some problems deleting a file, everytime I try to delete it, a message shows saying the file is corrupted and it is imposible to delete or move it. error code : 0x80070570. I need help, please....
  8. Damaged file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Damaged file: How do I repair a damaged Adobe PDF file? MB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/damaged-file/a3799082-2d08-4d96-81dd-0238b6868fcf
  9. Files are damaged

Files are damaged: I have some very important files for my work in my USB but when I open them it says that the files are damaged. Please, I need these files urgently as I can do to have them back. Please help me...
  10. How to fix unsupported / damaged / corrupted jpg files?

How to fix unsupported / damaged / corrupted jpg files?: I just cut and paste a number of jpg photos from my phone to my desktop, and now they won't open (and I've also lost them from my phone). When I try to open the files, it says they are 'unsupported, damaged or corrupted'. Is there an easy fix to recover these files? I will be...