Windows 10: Damaged .dll.mui files from sfc/scannow

Discus and support Damaged .dll.mui files from sfc/scannow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10.I decided to do a system integrity check using sfc/scannow in powershell, and it would look like there are mismatches with two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeonardoGualandris, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Damaged .dll.mui files from sfc/scannow

Hi, I'm using Windows 10.I decided to do a system integrity check using sfc/scannow in powershell, and it would look like there are mismatches with two files: imapi2fs.dll.mui and ntdll.dll.mui.Does anyone know their directories? I have no idea on how to repair them.

:)

LeonardoGualandris, Apr 30, 2021

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Cannot remove LXKPTPRC.DLL.mui from windows.old

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

LXKPTPRC.DLL.mui and other MUI system errors can be related to problems in the Windows registry. Several programs can share the same LXKPTPRC.DLL.mui file, but when these programs are uninstalled or changed, sometimes "orphaned" (invalid) MUI registry entries
    are left behind.

I suggest you to run the SFC scan and then try to delete it from the Windows.old folder.

Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt (Admin).

• At the Command Prompt, type:
      sfc/scannow
    I also suggest you to remove the applications which is effected with this and then try to install it again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 30, 2021
  4. Damaged .dll.mui files from sfc/scannow

sfc /scannow will not complete- stops at 73%

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and appreciate the troubleshooting methods performed to resolve the issue on your own.

DNSAPI.dll is a Windows DLL file. DLL is the abbreviation for
    Dynamic Link Library. DLL files are needed by programs or web browser extensions, because they contain program code, data, and resources.
    DNSAPI.dll is located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

I suggest you to try running SFC scan again and check if the scan gets stuck at 73%. If it happens, I suggest you to perform
    DISM scan by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Windows corruption errors may prevent Windows updates and service packs from installing. For example, an update might not install if a system file is damaged. The
    DISM scan or System Update Readiness tool may help you to fix some Windows corruption errors.

Step 1: Open an Administrator command prompt
    window by

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt (Admin) option.

• Click on Yes and continue. Provide administrator password if prompted.

• Check if it says Administrator: Command Prompt at the top of the command prompt window.

Step 2: Type the following commands in the
    CMD Prompt:

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

After completing DISM scan, I suggest you to perform
    SFC scan
    on the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Damaged .dll.mui files from sfc/scannow

1. Damaged .dll.mui files from sfc/scannow - Similar Threads - Damaged dll mui

2. Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow: this is from the CBS log file.Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files x86\ is owned twice or has its security set twice Original owner: Microsoft-Windows-shell32, version 10.0.19041.3570, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} New owner:...
  3. Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow: this is from the CBS log file.Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files x86\ is owned twice or has its security set twice Original owner: Microsoft-Windows-shell32, version 10.0.19041.3570, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} New owner:...
  4. Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow: Hi there, I'm having a serious trouble here. sfc /scannow finds corrupted files and I was infected by a trojan Ymacco and !BOB in system32. I can't update with windows update and troubleshoot reports waasmedic, is postback false and pending updates. I can't own local disk C:,...
  6. Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow: Hi there, I'm having a serious trouble here. sfc /scannow finds corrupted files and I was infected by a trojan Ymacco and !BOB in system32. I can't update with windows update and troubleshoot reports waasmedic, is postback false and pending updates. I can't own local disk C:,...
  7. Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow

8. .dll and .mui temporary files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .dll and .mui temporary files: McAfee Tracker Remover cannot remove .dll and .mui temporary files. How can these be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-and-mui-temporary-files/29df5d89-a82a-4d42-b47a-bcdb4c775e13
  9. .dll and .mui temporary files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dll and .mui temporary files: McAfee Tracker Remover cannot remove .dll and .mui temporary files. How can these be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-and-mui-temporary-files/29df5d89-a82a-4d42-b47a-bcdb4c775e13
  10. .dll and .mui temporary files