Windows 10: damned auto-update being forced on me

Discus and support damned auto-update being forced on me in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the past 3 days when I shut my computer down for the night, it does a restart and update (different update every time). How do I turn these damned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tom9940, Jun 14, 2019.

1. tom9940 Win User

damned auto-update being forced on me

For the past 3 days when I shut my computer down for the night, it does a restart and update (different update every time). How do I turn these damned updates OFF. I spend all my time dealing with updates, I don't get anything done! If I get a new computer, guess what OS I won't be getting!

:)

tom9940, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 14, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      damned auto-update being forced on me [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

1. damned auto-update being forced on me - Similar Threads - damned auto update

2. Damn updates!~!~

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Damn updates!~!~: Cool edit does run in windows ten at least it did for me for the past 4 years now all the sudden zip!! ****!! tried uninstalling and reinstalling, now Mine you it not the output Playing just fine, it's recording mode zip nothing in any program will not record!! even installed...
  3. Damn updates!~!~

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Damn updates!~!~: Cool edit does run in windows ten at least it did for me for the past 4 years now all the sudden zip!! ****!! tried uninstalling and reinstalling, now Mine you it not the output Playing just fine, it's recording mode zip nothing in any program will not record!! even installed...
  4. Updates being forced uppon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates being forced uppon.: Is there way to pernamently turn off updates on both W10 and W11? The latest updates for W10 that were forced on me, completely f#cked the system, where not even YOUTUBE works properly on my secondary monitor, without the browser using HW acceleration whereas it was...
  5. Updates being forced uppon.

Updates being forced uppon.: Is there way to pernamently turn off updates on both W10 and W11? The latest updates for W10 that were forced on me, completely f#cked the system, where not even YOUTUBE works properly on my secondary monitor, without the browser using HW acceleration whereas it was...
  6. Updates being forced uppon.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why is the update being forced when it is broken.

Why is the update being forced when it is broken.: Have been constantly pausing the update because of this..Why are microsoft trying to force this update when it will still not work correctly on certain PC's, mine is only two years old, I tried more than these occasions, always a BSOD and have to factory reset the PCNo i do...
  8. Why is the update being forced when it is broken.

Why is the update being forced when it is broken.: Have been constantly pausing the update because of this..Why are microsoft trying to force this update when it will still not work correctly on certain PC's, mine is only two years old, I tried more than these occasions, always a BSOD and have to factory reset the PCNo i do...
  9. New Edge being forced in update

New Edge being forced in update: Please don't do this to me. Please, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't take my favorite browser from me! Don't force me to use crappy Chromium! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-being-forced-in-update/4d5bda23-9b7f-4818-a707-0fa6f1668426
  10. The damned Windows updates!

The damned Windows updates!: I am using Windows 10 Home and the update policy is ****. I should have the say when my device updates. Even after I turn off updates, it switches on automatically at its will and starts updating itself. The disk usage goes up to 90-100% and I cannot use my computer until it...