Windows 10: Danger of Changing Port in Utorrent 3.5.4

Discus and support Danger of Changing Port in Utorrent 3.5.4 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone care to comment on the safety of changing ports in Utorrent? This youtube video does indeed speed up downloads. There are other tweaks that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phaedruspress, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Danger of Changing Port in Utorrent 3.5.4

Anyone care to comment on the safety of changing ports in Utorrent? This youtube video does indeed speed up downloads. There are other tweaks that are made and if anyone is familiar with those changes and would care to comment it would be most appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWMbCgUCt1o

:)

phaedruspress, Oct 23, 2018

2. Utorrent Optimization

I've recently upgraded my FIBER internet speed to 195mbps download speed

I've been doing a lot of research and tweaking to improve my download speed in utorrent and would like to hear your opinion on the matter.

Food for thought:
    • Of course seed vs Leecher ratio affects speeds
    • Utorrent settings affect speeds and can be tweaked
    • I've got an "AC capable" router, a rather good one and a decent computer. Are utorrent speeds (I'm talking 15-20mb/s) affected by stuff like the router/network card in the computer ?
    • Does the utorrent port change anything at all? Should I be "port forwarding" in my router settings to improve speeds?
    • Is there a way to know whether my ISP is throttling my p2p traffic? I've read that they don't (my provider being BELL FIBE)
    • any other suggestions?

jonathan1107, Oct 23, 2018
  3. keakar Win User
    Red light on utorrent 1.6.1

so to clear things up a little, are you trying to upload or download?

Utorrent sets up the firewall exceptions automatically for downloading but not uploading. if you want to upload and you need port forwarding connections, then Utorrent website gives you step by step setup instructions for every type router so look there.

you said that the message read:

"Not connectable. A firewall/router is limiting your nework traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to you."

all this means is the connection is limited to downloading only

keakar, Oct 23, 2018
  4. newguy Win User

Danger of Changing Port in Utorrent 3.5.4

Red light on utorrent 1.6.1

My OS is Windows XP. At the bottom of my utorrent 1.6.1, there's a red sign with a ! which means "Not connectable. A firewall/router is limiting your nework traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to you." I already checked my Windows Firewall under the Exceptions tab and utorrent is already checked. What can I do to fix this? The current port for utorrent is 32730. Please help me, keeping in mind that I am not very knowledgable about computers other than basic operations. Please give me a detailed, step-by-step, idiot-proof set of instructions!!! thx!

newguy, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Danger of Changing Port in Utorrent 3.5.4

1. Danger of Changing Port in Utorrent 3.5.4 - Similar Threads - Danger Changing Port

2. NVIDEO 4:3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDEO 4:3: Boas, eu jogo Counter Strike GO NA RESOLUÇÃO 4:3 sem barras, o que faz com que a tela fica em uma resolução menor esticada, já vi as respostas que dão a este problema, mas a situação é que não tenho o grupo "monitor" quando abre a NVIDIA, poderiam me ajudar?...
  3. NVIDEO 4:3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDEO 4:3: Boas, eu jogo Counter Strike GO NA RESOLUÇÃO 4:3 sem barras, o que faz com que a tela fica em uma resolução menor esticada, já vi as respostas que dão a este problema, mas a situação é que não tenho o grupo "monitor" quando abre a NVIDIA, poderiam me ajudar?...
  4. What are the dangers of changing HWID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the dangers of changing HWID?: So I've heard a lot about HWID spoofers, and I understand that some of them do change the HWID instead of masking it.But I've seen in another post that going directly into the registry to change it can actually be risky to your device. Because of this, I now ask for the risks...
  5. What are the dangers of changing HWID?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the dangers of changing HWID?: So I've heard a lot about HWID spoofers, and I understand that some of them do change the HWID instead of masking it.But I've seen in another post that going directly into the registry to change it can actually be risky to your device. Because of this, I now ask for the risks...
  6. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing to Desktop after playing for ~3-5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forza Horizon 4 Crashing to Desktop after playing for ~3-5 minutes: Hi, So I've been dealing with issues with FH4 for awhile now, and it's really starting to frustrate me. The game has been constantly crashing, and not letting me play. The way that it is crashing is the game freezes, stays like that for a few seconds, occasionally it...
  7. Utorrent is dangerous ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Utorrent is dangerous ??: Hi, I used Utorrent for like for 1 year But after updating windows is unsafe.? And I also many people using utorrent even after updating window. Does it really dangerous??...
  8. uTorrent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uTorrent: Hi! I've been trying to install uTorrent but it just crashes at the final step of installation. I've never encountered this problem before and I think it is happening because I tried to install uTorrent web. But also I was not able to find any traces of uTorrent web in my...
  9. Is changing the default folder icon dangerous?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is changing the default folder icon dangerous?: Hi all! I am trying to help someone who has difficulty finding things on their HDD by customising the default folder icons. Right click on folder> Customise and then I change the default icon for folders (generic yellow one) with custom icons of my own. It works really...
  10. Is changing a the default folder icon dangerous?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is changing a the default folder icon dangerous?: Hi all! I am trying to help someone who has difficulty finding things on their HDD by customising the default folder icons. Right click on folder> Customise and then I change the default icon for folders (generic yellow one) with custom icons of my own. It works really...