Windows 10: Dangerous sounding electrical buzz/crackling from laptop internal left speaker ONLY doesn't...

Discus and support Dangerous sounding electrical buzz/crackling from laptop internal left speaker ONLY doesn't... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am experiencing an annoying and worrying sound from the left speaker of my Acer laptop. The sound occurs regardless of what volume the laptop is set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt_annoyed_by_MS, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Dangerous sounding electrical buzz/crackling from laptop internal left speaker ONLY doesn't...

I am experiencing an annoying and worrying sound from the left speaker of my Acer laptop. The sound occurs regardless of what volume the laptop is set to including muted/0% and only occurs when my eGPU is connected. The noise modulates subtly along with any sound being played through that left speaker but never goes away or gets fainter.It is a loud buzzing/crackling which sounds a lot like electrical arcing.I posted the sound on Reddit to see if anyone there could suggest any possible solutions I agreed it sounds similar to a bad earth but I cannot understand why this would only affect a si

:)

Matt_annoyed_by_MS, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Jake327 Win User

Cannot change sound quality frequency/Crackling speakers

Issues with my lenovo ideapad 330s Laptop:

• Crackling speakers sometimes they are silent or in other cases they stay quiet no matter the volume.
    • Crackling in earbuds
    • cannot change sound frequency (grayed out)
    Note: The speakers were fine when i got it but after I reset windows theyve started crackling. Ive tried fixing my crackling speakers by:

• uninstalling/reinstalling device drivers
    • reinstalling windows
    • creating new accounts
    • disabling every driver one at a time to see if that changes anything
    • checking internal cabling to make sure no wires are touching
    I still have yet to try changing sound frequency because its grayed out

PS: nothing important is on the computer i dont mind losing anything.

Help would very much be appreciated.

Jake327, Jul 8, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    New Buzzing Crackling Sound

Hi Holly,

Corrupted system files or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why hearing buzzing crackling sound. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to know the build and version of Windows your Windows 10. Have you made any recent changes prior to this
    issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problem.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Andrei23 Win User

Dangerous sounding electrical buzz/crackling from laptop internal left speaker ONLY doesn't...

Laptop speaker crackling noise problem

Hello,

My laptop has developed a very annoying crackling noise in the right speaker as of late. I started noticing it as I was listening to some music on it, and then it gradually got worse and worse to the point that I couldn't bear it any more. I do not get this problem when I wear headphones, it's just the right speaker acting up. The laptop is new (less than two months old) and still under warranty. At the moment I have turned the speaker off and I am only running off the left one when not using headphones. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Also, I don't think it's driver related because the left speaker works flawlessly and I don't get the same annoying crackling sounds when using headphones.

Andrei23, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

Dangerous sounding electrical buzz/crackling from laptop internal left speaker ONLY doesn't...

1. Dangerous sounding electrical buzz/crackling from laptop internal left speaker ONLY doesn't... - Similar Threads - Dangerous sounding electrical

2. Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker: Hi, I have this very low buzzing sound coming from my laptop speaker. I tried many things, and they work at certain point. Microphone Properties-listen to this device box on. this is the only way it stops making this buzzing sound. But if I mute my speaker it starts again....
  3. Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker: Hi, I have this very low buzzing sound coming from my laptop speaker. I tried many things, and they work at certain point. Microphone Properties-listen to this device box on. this is the only way it stops making this buzzing sound. But if I mute my speaker it starts again....
  4. Crackling sound From Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling sound From Speakers: Title: Crackling noise from laptop speakers on Windows 11Hi community,I'm facing a frustrating issue with my HP Pavilion Gaming Edition laptop running Windows 11. Whenever I play audio on my laptop, I hear crackling noises from the speakers. It's extremely annoying and I've...
  5. Crackling sound From Speakers

Crackling sound From Speakers: Title: Crackling noise from laptop speakers on Windows 11Hi community,I'm facing a frustrating issue with my HP Pavilion Gaming Edition laptop running Windows 11. Whenever I play audio on my laptop, I hear crackling noises from the speakers. It's extremely annoying and I've...
  6. Buzzing sound from speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buzzing sound from speakers.: My one-month-old Lenovo laptop randomly started to make a kind of annoying buzzing sound while playing audio. I have all the drivers updated, and also tried trouble shooting. i dont know if this is a hardware issue. Can anyone advise me on how to fix this....
  7. Buzzing sound from speakers.

Buzzing sound from speakers.: My one-month-old Lenovo laptop randomly started to make a kind of annoying buzzing sound while playing audio. I have all the drivers updated, and also tried trouble shooting. i dont know if this is a hardware issue. Can anyone advise me on how to fix this....
  8. Laptop speakers start crackling sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop speakers start crackling sound: I have bought a new Asus Laptop. Whenever I listen songs on it, it works well. But after 6 or 7 minutes, speakers start making crackling sound. Then I disable and re-enable the speakers, then it becomes fine. After 6 or 7 minutes, it again starts making crackling sound. I...
  9. Crackling Sound on Speaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crackling Sound on Speaker: I got a crackling sound in the front left satelite that doesn't go away whatever I do I did: 1.Restarted the system 2.Changed the wires 3.Changed the satelites between them to check if it's the satelite, and the sound comes from the exact same place front left even after...
  10. No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack: I just updated my ROG GU501G laptop to the latest Windows update last night and since then I havent been able to get any sound coming out of my internal speakers. Sounds comes fine through the headphone jack. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I tried...