Windows 10: Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD!

Discus and support Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using Darik Boot and Nuke for my work (cleaning HDDs so we can put Linux Mint on it for 'new' PCs) but on some old HDDs DBnN will not clean them all,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RingTailCoon, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD!

Using Darik Boot and Nuke for my work (cleaning HDDs so we can put Linux Mint on it for 'new' PCs) but on some old HDDs DBnN will not clean them all, atleast halfway... Faulty HDDs (second-hand ones) orrrrrr...............

:)

RingTailCoon, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Golden Win User
    Golden, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Vijay_Verma, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD!

Clean hard disk

I was wondering about using Darik,s Boot and Nuke to clean the hard disk and install windows pro a question for greg maccormack thanks gary

garyreeves1, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD!

1. Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD! - Similar Threads - Darik's Boot Nuke

2. Windows Installer Won't Run for Clean Install on New HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer Won't Run for Clean Install on New HDD: Hello!I'm hoping someone might be able to help me solve this issue - I've been reading troubleshooting articles all day and still can't get Windows to install. Here's the context: I was giving a pre-loved gaming computer that, at least in theory, only needed a new hard drive...
  3. Windows Installer Won't Run for Clean Install on New HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installer Won't Run for Clean Install on New HDD: Hello!I'm hoping someone might be able to help me solve this issue - I've been reading troubleshooting articles all day and still can't get Windows to install. Here's the context: I was giving a pre-loved gaming computer that, at least in theory, only needed a new hard drive...
  4. Windows Installer Won't Run for Clean Install on New HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Nuked network driver??

Nuked network driver??: Hello, I made the enormous mistake of updating windows drivers using windows update about 8 hours ago. As a background, I work as a software engineer.My wifi stopped working, so I did everything under the sun to correct the mistake, including speaking with 3 different...
  6. Will Dban boot and nuke work on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Dban boot and nuke work on windows 10.: Hello, I need to format my hard drive to install the latest version of windows 10, but I need to use Dban boot and nuke to format the hard drive, does this software work on windows 10. Please can some let me know. Thanks Matthew...
  7. won't boot with external hdd plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    won't boot with external hdd plugged in: My Dell insiron desktop will not boot when I have my usb external hdd plugged in. When I was on Win7, this wasn't a problem because I would unplug it when restarting after doing Windows updates. Now that Win10 pro 64 automatically updates and restarts my computer on its own,...
  8. Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD!: Using Darik Boot and Nuke for my work (cleaning HDDs so we can put Linux Mint on it for 'new' PCs) but on some old HDDs DBnN will not clean them all, atleast halfway... Faulty HDDs (second-hand ones) orrrrrr............... 131011
  9. DBAN (Daric's Boot and Nuke)

DBAN (Daric's Boot and Nuke): DBAN is a tool that some find useful. All this installing, updating, uninstalling, ad infinite, can be simplified somewhat by swapping drives, wiping, replacing, etc. I've also seen posts where drives were trashed?? I doubt it but regardless................... Spare drives...
  10. Reconnected HDD won't boot but it should

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reconnected HDD won't boot but it should: Details: ASUS M11AA desktop UEFI Running Win10 on an HDD, I disconnected the sata cable to it and tested out an SSD on a diff sata cable. Installed 10 on that just for fun. Took the SSD out, reconnected the HDD sata cable and it wont boot. The HDD is seen in the bios...