Windows 10: Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD!

Discus and support Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Using Darik Boot and Nuke for my work (cleaning HDDs so we can put Linux Mint on it for 'new' PCs) but on some old HDDs DBnN will not clean them all,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RingTailCoon, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD!

Using Darik Boot and Nuke for my work (cleaning HDDs so we can put Linux Mint on it for 'new' PCs) but on some old HDDs DBnN will not clean them all, atleast halfway... Faulty HDDs (second-hand ones) orrrrrr...............

:)

RingTailCoon, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Golden Win User
    Golden, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Vijay_Verma, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD!

Clean hard disk

I was wondering about using Darik,s Boot and Nuke to clean the hard disk and install windows pro a question for greg maccormack thanks gary

garyreeves1, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD!

1. Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD! - Similar Threads - Darik's Boot Nuke

2. Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD!

in Windows 10 Support
    Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD!: Using Darik Boot and Nuke for my work (cleaning HDDs so we can put Linux Mint on it for 'new' PCs) but on some old HDDs DBnN will not clean them all, atleast halfway... Faulty HDDs (second-hand ones) orrrrrr............... 131011
  3. HDD Clone To SSD Won't Boot After A Week...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD Clone To SSD Won't Boot After A Week...: I recently cloned the hard drive in my cousin's computer over to an SSD. The computer booted just fine on the first try with the SSD. I ran some updates and got rid of some startup programs she didn't need. She got it back a couple of days later and it was running fine....
  4. Clean boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean boot: Hi I was attempting a clean boot. On the services tab I checked the hide Microsoft services then clicked on disable all. At this point I got the hour glass...then after 5 mins the dialogue box disappeared...i can't get it back up no matter how many times I type it in. Now my...
  5. DBAN (Daric's Boot and Nuke)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DBAN (Daric's Boot and Nuke): DBAN is a tool that some find useful. All this installing, updating, uninstalling, ad infinite, can be simplified somewhat by swapping drives, wiping, replacing, etc. I've also seen posts where drives were trashed?? I doubt it but regardless................... Spare drives...
  6. Main SDD won't boot without secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Main SDD won't boot without secondary HDD: So this interesting. I wanted to make an image of my machine since upgrading to Windows 10 and saw it kept on including my secondary drive (which has over 600 gigs of movies). I am not able to uncheck it. So I figured what the hell and disconnected the drive. My box will...
  7. PC won't boot unless an empty HDD is connected

PC won't boot unless an empty HDD is connected: So my HDD of almost two years seem to be acting...weird lately. I checked it out with CrystalDiskInfo, and it didn't look good. [img] I searched the internet on what that means, and it looks like it needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, I can't get a new one at the...
  8. Reconnected HDD won't boot but it should

Reconnected HDD won't boot but it should: Details: ASUS M11AA desktop UEFI Running Win10 on an HDD, I disconnected the sata cable to it and tested out an SSD on a diff sata cable. Installed 10 on that just for fun. Took the SSD out, reconnected the HDD sata cable and it wont boot. The HDD is seen in the bios...
  9. Clean Install on HDD only booting on 1/3 computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install on HDD only booting on 1/3 computers: I have 3 computers and only 1 of the three boots with a Clean windows 10 install. Samsung: 1 is a all in one Samsung 700A3D that the HDD went bust in. Referb: 2nd is an old custom build that use to run Raid 0 on the. Current: The third is a custom build running off an...
  10. Deleted windows boot manager along with cleaning the old hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted windows boot manager along with cleaning the old hdd: Hello all, My windows is not booting the m.2 ssd. I bought a new laptop with a hdd. Bought m.2 850 evo ssd and installed it. Installed windows 10 on it without removing the hdd. It was loading fine but i noticed that the boot loads the previous hdd before...