Windows 10: Dark explorer

Discus and support Dark explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I get dark explorer in Win 10 ? I enabled dark mode as general theme, and I updated today the OS, I even get a fresh copy of windows 10 ...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mesajflaviu, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Dark explorer

How can I get dark explorer in Win 10 ? I enabled dark mode as general theme, and I updated today the OS, I even get a fresh copy of windows 10 ... here is my OS build:

Dark explorer [​IMG]

:)

mesajflaviu, Mar 10, 2019

2. Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is when applications won't work in the way they should. In order to get clarity on the issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions
    below.

1. Which build version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. What is the KB number of the update that was applied on your PC?
    3. What is the make and model of your PC?

I would suggest you to take a screen shot of the File Explorer with the highlighted file and the information about the file in 'Dark Mode’.
    To do that, refer the article posted by

Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene [MVP
    ] for steps to include a screenshot in your post.

Note: Please do not capture any personal information while including a screen shot in the post.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 10, 2019
  3. SavEm12 Win User
    Re-started Windows Explorer: My screen went blank/dark blue

1. My taskbar disappeared first. I opened task manager and found Windows Explorer at the bottom of the processes.

2. I pressed re-start and normally, the screen goes back to normal. I didn't do the steps you list in 2.

3. No. I just get the list.

4. I restarted my computer and nothing changes. I turned it off and waited, then turned it back on. I get the sign on screen. Enter my password and then the dark blue screen appears.

That 's it.

SavEm12, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Dark explorer

File Explorer Dark Mode

Hi AlvinMorris2,

The Dark mode will change some of your device settings and default apps theme color to black. Thus, leaving some settings on its original color and appearance. I personally set my desktop color to Dark Mode and it also did not change the
    File Explorer to black. See image below:

Dark explorer c631e1a1-9bc8-4dba-8882-3e3aa67815b4?upload=true.png

If you want this feature to be included on the upcoming updates, I suggest that you post or upvote this concern in our Windows Feedback hub. Your suggestions will help improve the Windows operating system.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, and then launch the app.
    2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, and then press
      + Add new feedback
    3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and then choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    5. Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    7. Click My Feedback at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    8. Open the item you submitted, and then click Share.
    9. Click Copy link, and then paste the link in your response (it will look like
      Storefronts Tools link>).

Regards.

Monica Cam, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Dark explorer

1. Dark explorer - Similar Threads - Dark explorer

2. Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white: I already reported this issue 2 months ago, but MS apparently does not want tfix it.You can see what my explorer windows look like. I did not change any settings within dark mode "customize". I just switched it on. It had been working for quite some time before, until I...
  3. Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white: I already reported this issue 2 months ago, but MS apparently does not want tfix it.You can see what my explorer windows look like. I did not change any settings within dark mode "customize". I just switched it on. It had been working for quite some time before, until I...
  4. Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode: Hello! My copy of windows 11 has an issue when it comes to dark mode. After updating windows 11 to 23h2, it displays text in black, while also being in dark modeI had to resort to using that one joke file manager app that microsoft ported from windows 3.11, because i cant get...
  5. Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode

Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode: Hello! My copy of windows 11 has an issue when it comes to dark mode. After updating windows 11 to 23h2, it displays text in black, while also being in dark modeI had to resort to using that one joke file manager app that microsoft ported from windows 3.11, because i cant get...
  6. Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode: I'm running 22H2 Build 22621.2428.I noticed a few days ago, when I open a file explorer, the top part of the window is white and unreadable in dark mode. I don't know exactly why it happened, but only noticed it a few days ago when I opened a file explorer.When in light mode,...
  7. Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode

Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode: I'm running 22H2 Build 22621.2428.I noticed a few days ago, when I open a file explorer, the top part of the window is white and unreadable in dark mode. I don't know exactly why it happened, but only noticed it a few days ago when I opened a file explorer.When in light mode,...
  8. How to Remove White Menu Bar from File Explorer while in Windows 11 Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove White Menu Bar from File Explorer while in Windows 11 Dark Mode: Does anyone know how to hide the white tool bar that randomly appears in file explorer in Windows 11? It appears whenever I change the wallpaper, or my laptop briefly does some computationally intensive tasks while running something like Photoshop, for example. I've also...
  9. How to Remove White Menu Bar from File Explorer while in Windows 11 Dark Mode

How to Remove White Menu Bar from File Explorer while in Windows 11 Dark Mode: Does anyone know how to hide the white tool bar that randomly appears in file explorer in Windows 11? It appears whenever I change the wallpaper, or my laptop briefly does some computationally intensive tasks while running something like Photoshop, for example. I've also...
  10. Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode: The File Explorer in Windows 11 has got a visual bug in dark mode which, when accessing it from the Control Panel by pressing Alt + Up Arrow some vertical white lines show up and remain on screen as long as the window is open. They do not disappear or turn black if that...