Windows 10: Dark File Explorer showing a weird white line below the address bar

Discus and support Dark File Explorer showing a weird white line below the address bar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know Dark file explorer is still a work in progress, but this is new, I have 2 surface books here and this is only showing up in one of the machines,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Victor Sampaio da, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Dark File Explorer showing a weird white line below the address bar

I know Dark file explorer is still a work in progress, but this is new, I have 2 surface books here and this is only showing up in one of the machines, both machines running version 1809 with the latest updates.

Dark File Explorer showing a weird white line below the address bar 65f97c66-02b5-4a4d-b317-683daff23d09?upload=true.jpg

How do I fix it? I already did a factory reset and nothing changed

:)

Victor Sampaio da, Nov 30, 2018

2. File Explorer address bar turned black

Hi there, to elaborate on the thread title: after updating to build 1709/Fall Creators update, File Explorer's address bar has spontaneously turned black and for the life of me, I can't revert it to white like it was before.

My Google-fu is coming up empty here, as variations of the search string "windows 10 file explorer address bar black" haven't really dredged up anything useful.
    Any ideas short of doing a complete OS reinstall?
    Attached is a screenshot of File Explorer as it currently is.

DeltaPavonis, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Dark mode shows white horizontal bar

Dark mode has some issues in the latest feature update. The fixes that I know of (not sure if it would work for you)

Try Restarting the explorer process in Task manager

Re apply Dark mode after switching to light.

If that does not help I would suggest you to roll back to 1803.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 30, 2018
  4. sturpe Win User

Dark File Explorer showing a weird white line below the address bar

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Dark File Explorer showing a weird white line below the address bar

1. Dark File Explorer showing a weird white line below the address bar - Similar Threads - Dark File Explorer

2. what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?: This pops up all the time when I click the address bar to ctrl+c the current path, how do I stop it? whatever tab I'm on, that dropdown will show that tabs path but it will then persist on every tab with the same path, not the path of the current tab, so if I click on it...
  3. what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?: This pops up all the time when I click the address bar to ctrl+c the current path, how do I stop it? whatever tab I'm on, that dropdown will show that tabs path but it will then persist on every tab with the same path, not the path of the current tab, so if I click on it...
  4. Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode

Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode: The File Explorer in Windows 11 has got a visual bug in dark mode which, when accessing it from the Control Panel by pressing Alt + Up Arrow some vertical white lines show up and remain on screen as long as the window is open. They do not disappear or turn black if that...
  5. GREEN LINE IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GREEN LINE IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER: WHY AM I FORCED TO WATCH THIS GODDAMNED THING EVERY TIME I CHANGE FOLDERS? OLDER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS DIDN'T DO THIS. WHY DO YOU FOOLS KEEP WEARING ON OUR NERVES WITH YOU IMPROVEMENTS. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH WINDOWS 95. EVERY CHANBGE YOU ASSHJOLES HAVE MADE SINCE THEN...
  6. GREEN LINE IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER

GREEN LINE IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER: WHY AM I FORCED TO WATCH THIS GODDAMNED THING EVERY TIME I CHANGE FOLDERS? OLDER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS DIDN'T DO THIS. WHY DO YOU FOOLS KEEP WEARING ON OUR NERVES WITH YOU IMPROVEMENTS. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH WINDOWS 95. EVERY CHANBGE YOU ASSHJOLES HAVE MADE SINCE THEN...
  7. White line in File Explorer Dark Mode

in Cortana
    White line in File Explorer Dark Mode: Hi, On my File Explorer, there's this strange white line as seen in the picture. Anybody got any suggestions how to fix it? Thanks.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-line-in-file-explorer-dark-mode/852a26aa-ab7b-447d-8117-a10b1773c5d8
  8. Remove white lines and bars on file explorer in dark mode of windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove white lines and bars on file explorer in dark mode of windows 10: I am facing this issue since last 2 weeks, I don't know what happened but when I changed my personalized colour settings to dark mode for a couple of days my laptop worked quite well and graphics looked awesome but than something went wrong and my file explorer and file...
  9. [Explorer] White line below the navigation bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Explorer] White line below the navigation bar: In my dell XPS 13 7390 4k, I am getting this white line below the navigation bar in file explorer when using the dark theme on build 18363.535. Does anyone have the same issue? https://imgur.com/LOHBY1i submitted by /u/bnayagrawal [link] [comments]...
  10. Dark Mode Weird Bar in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dark Mode Weird Bar in Explorer: Has anyone else had a impossible to remove grey bar show up in Explorer in Dark Mode? How do I get rid of this?? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-weird-bar-in-explorer/f99e7b1b-2499-4120-9b67-5ba9c1f94904"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. white bar under address bar file explorer dark theme

2. Line Explorer PIXUS

3. win 10 dark theme remove line in explorer

4. white bar on windows explorer dark,
  5. white line in file explorere,
  6. whiteline under file explorer,
  7. Dark File Explorer showing a white line below the address bar,
  8. White vertial line in file explorer,
  9. white line below ribbon in windows explorer,
  10. windows dark mode but white file explorer bars,
  11. windows dark theme file explorer white bar,