Windows 10: Dark Mode Only Working On Some Windows

Discus and support Dark Mode Only Working On Some Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I used Personalization to activate dark mode. It works well, except some applications are still showing light title bars. Do you know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by willbeing, Jun 9, 2023.

1. willbeing Win User

Dark Mode Only Working On Some Windows

Hi all, I used Personalization to activate dark mode. It works well, except some applications are still showing light title bars. Do you know how to fix this?I've read somewhere that Dark Mode does not apply to all apps and legacy Windows utilities.. I can understand this, however when running with Windows 10, these same apps that are now light mode were appropriately displaying Dark Mode.See image attached.Thank you!Will

:)

willbeing, Jun 9, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Dark Mode Not Working

Hi kontkrabber

In Windows 10 version 1903, the Mode settings changed, please try this:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to Dark

If that does not work for you, toggle App Mode to light, then back to Dark . . .

If your settings are different to the above listed settings:

Click your Start Button, type winver and hit Enter

On the resulting dialog, what Version No. and build No. of Windows 10 are you running?

DaveM121, Jun 9, 2023
  3. TechyMore Win User
    iTunes Dark Mode: How to Enable and Use it?

macOS Mojave has a dark mode feature that is attracted by many people. So, Windows 10 lovers or users also want to enjoy this feature on their PC or laptop but many people don’t know how to enable dark
    mode in Windows 10. For that, you have to follow the instructions below.

• First of all, you have to search for the “Settings” in the search bar of your PC.
    • Now, when you get the setting window then you have to click on the personalization option.

Dark Mode Only Working On Some Windows 567986b8-ea1e-4851-a1f5-ebe2bb407ddb?upload=true.png

• In the next step, you have to click on the Colors option which you can get on the left side.

Dark Mode Only Working On Some Windows 0ac2117c-7f5e-4dc8-9e5d-3f7f38f8ad80?upload=true.png

• After that, when the colors option will open on your screen then you only have to scroll down and click on the Dark mode.
    For More Steps And Full Way Check Out Below url It 100% Helpful For Community. Thanks Have A Good Day.

Source: https://.com/itunes-dark-mode/

TechyMore, Jun 9, 2023
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

HiDerek

This was all caused by that new light theme in version 1903 of Windows 10, to revert everything to the settings prior to that update, here are the steps . ..

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to Light or Dark

Then that option to change the Taskbar color should be active . ..

You can also set App Mode to light or dark separately form Windows Mode and there is a new feature in 1903, where form each Apps settings, you can individually set an app to either dark or light mode . ..

Dark Mode Only Working On Some Windows ea3fa415-d3b0-407f-8262-0fe5e937d827?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

1. Dark Mode Only Working On Some Windows - Similar Threads - Dark Mode Working

2. windows 11 dark mode not working on some windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 dark mode not working on some windows?: Greetings,Enabled dark mode on windows 11 pro but noticed that on some screens it doesn't activate, for example on folder properties, desktop icon settings, or any such similar screen, the window stays light. Is this a user end issue?High contrast mode or third party skins...
  3. windows 11 dark mode not working on some windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 dark mode not working on some windows?: Greetings,Enabled dark mode on windows 11 pro but noticed that on some screens it doesn't activate, for example on folder properties, desktop icon settings, or any such similar screen, the window stays light. Is this a user end issue?High contrast mode or third party skins...
  4. Dark Mode Only Working On Some Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Mode Only Working On Some Windows: Hi all, I used Personalization to activate dark mode. It works well, except some applications are still showing light title bars. Do you know how to fix this?I've read somewhere that Dark Mode does not apply to all apps and legacy Windows utilities.. I can understand this,...
  5. Dark Mode but File Explorer only light?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Mode but File Explorer only light?: Hello. Is it possible to have dark mode on your PC but have File Explorer light? I have seen a reddit post about the same topic but it seems outdated. It was posted 2 years ago. Maybe even a non-windows solution would be nice, like a mod or something. Thank You!...
  6. How to get ONLY the taskbar to dark mode?

How to get ONLY the taskbar to dark mode?: [ATTACH] Is there a way to get ONLY the taskbar to dark mode? I like the light theme but for me the light taskbar is just ugly. I wonder if theres a way to change it to dark without changing the rest of the interface....
  7. Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work: In Light mode: taskbar color never changes - always a hideous yellow/green, everything else follows color chosen In Dark mode: taskbar color changes- i choose a dark gray- but everything else is just black no matter which color is chosen. Neither option is acceptable. Is...
  8. Windows 10 Dark Mode for File Explorer ONLY ?

Windows 10 Dark Mode for File Explorer ONLY ?: Hi, is it possible to change only File Explorer in Windows 10 to dark mode? It is possible to change the "default app mode" however this changes a number of apps throughout installed on the machine...
  9. Disable Dark Mode For Windows Explorer Only?

Disable Dark Mode For Windows Explorer Only?: Is there anyway to disable dark mode exclusively for the file explorer? I find most of the windows 10 UI unusable in light mode except for the explorer which I find very hard to parse in dark mode. Is there a way to disable dark mode exlusively in the file explorer?...
  10. Windows 10 Dark Mode Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dark Mode Not Working: I have currently Windows 1903. Dark mode does work on my second laptop but not my main laptop. The file explorer is not in dark mode. Dark mode is selected. I don't understand. Any help is appreciated....