Windows 10: Dark Mode - Taskbar issue

Discus and support Dark Mode - Taskbar issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a HP Spectre X360 which has slowly been not working as well. As an attempt to improve performance, I reset my computer completely to factory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StrikingBerry72, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Dark Mode - Taskbar issue

I have a HP Spectre X360 which has slowly been not working as well. As an attempt to improve performance, I reset my computer completely to factory settings. When I booted it back up, dark mode was on but the taskbar was not affected. I am not sure how to fix this.

Dark mode is better for me and I would hate to not have my taskbar working with the theme. I just want my taskbar to work with the dark mode.

I have attached a screenshot of what I see - and any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Dark Mode - Taskbar issue 269bf912-be4a-4f8a-a8c1-9a5d8afff10e?upload=true.png

:)

StrikingBerry72, Jan 19, 2020
  2. keys Win User

My taskbar seems to be stuck on dark mode

My taskbar seems to be stuck on dark mode, I can change to dark and I get the task bar settings back (I get white text and icons), but when I change both options (windows mode and app mode) to light, the checkbox for accent colour on task is greyed out. My taskbar shows dark text and icons in light mode whether I have a dark or light background image

Dark Mode - Taskbar issue [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Duh! Figured out the default should in fact be dark mode. I thought it was light by default, but it's the other way around. No wonder I couldn't tick the box to apply accent colour to taskbar! It's not really obvious in the settings. Has the transparency setting changed? It's been a while since I tinkered around with my colours and settings. I seem to remember there being a slider to set the level of transparency for the taskbar, but this doesn't seem to be available anymore.

3. DaveM121 Win User
    Dark mode

Hi EpicDoge

It depends on the version of Windows 10 you have installed, this option changed in version 1903, please check if this works for you:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to light or Dark

Then the option to change the Taskbar color should be active . ..

You can also set App Mode to light or dark separately form Windows Mode and there is a new feature in 1903, where form each Apps settings, you can individually set an app to either dark or light mode . ..

DaveM121, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Dark Mode - Taskbar issue

Dark Mode

Hi AI,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

To get custom color on the taskbar or a dark taskbar keeping everything white here is the ideal configuration.

Go to Start>Settings>Personalization. Go to Colors menu.

Under Choose your default Windows mode, choose Custom.

Under Default Windows mode, choose dark.

Under Default app mode, choose Light.

Detailed tutorial is here.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/24038-chang...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Dark Mode - Taskbar issue

1. Dark Mode - Taskbar issue - Similar Threads - Dark Mode Taskbar

2. Taskbar on dark mode in win 11 buggy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar on dark mode in win 11 buggy?: Hey all,so as of recently i did a swap to windows 11 and i was wondering if this is the norm in windows 11 or something on my end..The task bar does a white flash and then switches to dark mode when i boot up the pcsimillar to what is happening to chrome in dark modeIs this...
  3. Taskbar on dark mode in win 11 buggy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar on dark mode in win 11 buggy?: Hey all,so as of recently i did a swap to windows 11 and i was wondering if this is the norm in windows 11 or something on my end..The task bar does a white flash and then switches to dark mode when i boot up the pcsimillar to what is happening to chrome in dark modeIs this...
  4. How to get ONLY the taskbar to dark mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get ONLY the taskbar to dark mode?: [ATTACH] Is there a way to get ONLY the taskbar to dark mode? I like the light theme but for me the light taskbar is just ugly. I wonder if theres a way to change it to dark without changing the rest of the interface....
  5. Is there a way to use dark mode with the light taskbar?

Is there a way to use dark mode with the light taskbar?: I prefer having the light taskbar, however I would like to use dark mode for the rest (explorer). Is this possible? submitted by /u/daniiNL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsnp9p/is_there_a_way_to_use_dark_mode_with_the_light/
  6. Dark Mode Issue with File Explorer

Dark Mode Issue with File Explorer: Hello! I have been using dark mode on my company laptop for a while. The other day I was forced to restart with an update. When the updates were complete, my file explorer looks like this: https://imgur.com/rF5gipP I have tried going to Settings -> and updates and...
  7. My taskbar seems to be stuck on dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar seems to be stuck on dark mode: My taskbar seems to be stuck on dark mode, I can change to dark and I get the task bar settings back (I get white text and icons), but when I change both options (windows mode and app mode) to light, the checkbox for accent colour on task is greyed out. My taskbar shows dark...
  8. Dark Mode

Dark Mode: Try enable dark mode in Windows 10 but fail it said need admin right How to override this restriction ? please help submitted by /u/NorhoNor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e5q4oy/dark_mode/
  9. Windows 10 Dark Mode Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dark Mode Issues: Hey Guys, Windows now has Dark Mode which is AWESOME. It's working flawlessly on my Razer Laptop but I can't say the same for my desktop at work. I'm the admin account on it so there shouldn't be any sort of permissions issues. When I select dark mode on my Maingear...
  10. Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dark Mode: I was using dark mode before 1809, but with this update file explorer also has dark mode. It there any option to disable dark mode on that specific program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode/2aeb0166-6818-4a2f-88f2-e5f1001feee2"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar changed color to white