Windows 10: Dark mode & Toggle Keys - Play a sound when Caps, Num Scroll Lock are pressed - Causing...

Discus and support Dark mode & Toggle Keys - Play a sound when Caps, Num Scroll Lock are pressed - Causing... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my Windows 10 Pro 1909, I have turned on the setting - 'Toggle Keys' - 'Play a sound whenever you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock' causes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidDotnet, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Dark mode & Toggle Keys - Play a sound when Caps, Num Scroll Lock are pressed - Causing...

On my Windows 10 Pro 1909, I have turned on the setting - 'Toggle Keys' - 'Play a sound whenever you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock' causes BOTH desktop background IMAGE and any APP windows to momentarily flash INVERSE video colors for one (1) second, then immediately reverts to normal colors. This issue surfaced immediately after manually installing Office Updates (Build 12130.20410) Version 2016 MSO (16.0.12130.20382) 64-bit.
    After turning off 'Toggle Keys' setting (no sound) the audio beep and the momentary INVERSE video behaviors no longer occur, so there appears to be a direct relationship between this audio setting and INVERSE video behavior.

According to Microsoft https://support.office.com/en-us/article/turn-dark-mode-on-or-off-in-onenote-bb81fb88-968d-4c1a-818d-eec590deadef for OneNote 2016, in 'Options' there should be a item choice of 'BLACK' in the 'Office Themes' which IS NOT present. However in both (File / Account) and (File / Options). the 'Office Theme' choices are: Colorful, Dark Grey, and White. Black is not present as a choice.

Intel® Display Audio

Driver Provider: Intel® Corporation

Driver Date: 1/8/2019

Driver version: 10.26.0.6

Realtek® Audio

Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Driver Date: 3/16/2018

Driver Version: 6.0.1.8401

:)

DavidDotnet, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Morgan123 Win User

Turning off sound for CAPS LOCK key

Hello,

Not sure if this is you issue.

How to Make Windows Play a Sound When You Press Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock: How to Enable Toggle Keys in Windows 10: Settings - Ease of access - Keyboard - Toggle Keys (Turn on or off )

Morgan123, Dec 2, 2019
  3. dangnad2 Win User
    No caps lock sound

Windows 10 Dell xps13

Please read: In Settings>Ease of Access>Keyboard>Toggle Keys>"Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock" it is *RolleyesON*Shock

I have had Caps Lock play a sound since day one of this laptop. It did work for awhile but it stopped and has never worked since.

How can I get this feature to work again.

dangnad2, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Willabong Win User

Dark mode & Toggle Keys - Play a sound when Caps, Num Scroll Lock are pressed - Causing...

No caps lock sound

Don't know if this will work for you?

In Settings>Ease of Access>Keyboard>next button under Toggle Keys is a button named "Turn on Toggle Keys" , if you enable this, you should be able to turn on and off the sound for Caps/Scroll/Num, by holding the "Num Lock" key for 5 seconds?

Willabong, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Dark mode & Toggle Keys - Play a sound when Caps, Num Scroll Lock are pressed - Causing...

1. Dark mode & Toggle Keys - Play a sound when Caps, Num Scroll Lock are pressed - Causing... - Similar Threads - Dark mode Toggle

2. turn off on screen indicators for caps, num and scroll lock toggling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off on screen indicators for caps, num and scroll lock toggling: I can't turn off the on screen pop up indicator for the caps lock and othersI have tried searching myself but they're outdated and I can't find the setting parts they mentionit is a self built PC so any advice relating to Lenovo is uselessI particularly want this setting...
  3. turn off on screen indicators for caps, num and scroll lock toggling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off on screen indicators for caps, num and scroll lock toggling: I can't turn off the on screen pop up indicator for the caps lock and othersI have tried searching myself but they're outdated and I can't find the setting parts they mentionit is a self built PC so any advice relating to Lenovo is uselessI particularly want this setting...
  4. turn off on screen indicators for caps, num and scroll lock toggling

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.: Greetings, My laptop is the Asus TUF FA506IU-AL130T. It has a strange problem in that when I plug in and then unplug headpnones, the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys sound stops working. It has been like that since new. A couple of months after I bought it, the Motherboard was...
  6. Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.: Greetings, My laptop is the Asus TUF FA506IU-AL130T. It has a strange problem in that when I plug in and then unplug headpnones, the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys sound stops working. It has been like that since new. A couple of months after I bought it, the Motherboard was...
  7. no beep sound when I press caps lock num lock but toggle keys are turned on

no beep sound when I press caps lock num lock but toggle keys are turned on: Toggle keys but sill i'm not getting beep sound when I press caps or num lock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-beep-sound-when-i-press-caps-lock-num-lock-but/38cb5f06-8dc3-4d14-8f1e-827fcd667585
  8. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Toggling Num lock/Scroll lock

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Toggling Num lock/Scroll lock: Have just purchased the Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and have been unable to work out how to toggle Num lock. I spend much of my time writing software and being able to use the number pad is essential to navigate through code when editing. Looking through documentation...
  9. Caps Lock ONLY Toggles On/Off By Pressing Shift Key While Pressing Caps Lock.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps Lock ONLY Toggles On/Off By Pressing Shift Key While Pressing Caps Lock.: So for whatever reason, my caps lock can only be turned on and off while I'm pressing the shift (or ctrl) key along with the caps lock key. If someone could help me figure out how to make it so I can turn caps lock on and off just by pressing the caps lock key without needing...
  10. Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock lights no longer function

in Windows 10 Support
    Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock lights no longer function: Hello! Since the most recent build of W-10 (9879), my caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock lights do not function on either computer on which I have W-10 installed (a desktop with a USB keyboard and a laptop with an integrated keyboard). The keys still work to correctly...