Windows 10: Dark Mode turning itself off after installing 1903 update

Discus and support Dark Mode turning itself off after installing 1903 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since I update to 1903 I keep having this issue where the dark mode is turning itself off randomly. I have not found anything specific happening at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IkonnG, Jun 13, 2019 at 4:57 AM.

1. IkonnG Win User

Dark Mode turning itself off after installing 1903 update

Since I update to 1903 I keep having this issue where the dark mode is turning itself off randomly. I have not found anything specific happening at the time i just boot up and default app mode turns to light. I set this back to dark and i am fine for awhile again could be days or a week before it happens again.

***Original title Dark Mode turning itself off?***

:)

2. Brink Win User

Google Calendar and Keep will now support Dark mode on Android

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Dark mode available for Calendar and Keep on Android

3. Seifer23 Win User
    Dark Mode

I was using dark mode before 1809, but with this update file explorer also has dark mode.

It there any option to disable dark mode on that specific program?

4. Dark Mode turning itself off after installing 1903 update

Windows 10 1903 (may update) Breaks Night Light (built in night light mode)

Hi there,

I have 2 machines (1 was an upgrade install to 1903 the other was a clean install). Both nvidia cards, 1080ti and a 2080 in the other (1 has the latest nvidia drivers the other has the very last version prior to the latest). Both intel 8700k processors.

what is happening: i keep the night light mode always on, and prior to 1903 (when i was using 1809), when i play a game (full screen) the nightlight mode would turn off in game. when i alt tab to windows, night light was enabled. when i jumped back into
    a game, it was disabled. no issues.

when i upgraded to 1903 (both the clean install machine and the upgrade), when i have night light on, and go in game and alt tab, the night light remains off in windows, this never happened in 1809.

not limited to games, but in both machines using 1903, sometimes when i start the computer, the night light mode is disabled. trying to turn it on does nothing, and rebooting fixes it. but if happens enough now where i suspect this is not a one off, and
    the fact it happens on both my computers, and when i go back to 1809 there are no issues.

i also tried flux, but it did the same thing where it would sometimes when you turn on the computer be off, and no way to enable it without rebooting.

lastly, i noticed when the display goes to sleep (the monitor, not the computer), night light is disabled. You can turn it back on, but the monitor being put to sleep effectlivley disabled night light mode from running on 1903, but not on 1809.

somehow i think this is all connected, something in 1903 with night light mode is not working properly like it did in 1809.

computer stats:

Machine 1 (upgrade to 1903):

• 32gb ram
    • 970 evo 1tb
    • nvidia 2080 FE
    • nivida driver 425.31
    • monitor asus 32inch running at 75hz (non-gsync)

Machine 2 (clean install to 1903):

• 32gb ram
    • 970 pro 512gb
    • evga 1080ti hybrid FTW3
    • nivida driver 430.39
    • monitor lg 31.5inch 144hz g-sync

WindwardBaton7, Jun 13, 2019 at 5:03 AM
Thema:

Dark Mode turning itself off after installing 1903 update

1. Dark Mode turning itself off after installing 1903 update - Similar Threads - Dark Mode turning

2. Dark Mode turning itself off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Mode turning itself off?: Since I update to 1903 I keep having this issue where the dark mode is turning itself off randomly. I have not found anything specific happening at the time i just boot up and default app mode turns to light. I set this back to dark and i am fine for awhile again could be...
  3. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  4. Dark mode after Update

Dark mode after Update: [ATTACH] I was trying to change my laptop theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black and the font text is black too. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? please help me...
  5. Dark mode after Update

Dark mode after Update: [ATTACH] I was trying to change my laptop theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black and the font text is black too. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? please help me...
  6. Windows 10 Update enables itself even after turning it Off

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Update enables itself even after turning it Off: [ATTACH] Windows Updates are essential, and while it’s not advisable for anyone to completely turn it off, there are remote scenarios, where you might want to keep it off. Once such case is where you want to just use it for [...] This post Windows 10 Update enables itself...
  7. UAC is consistently turning itself off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC is consistently turning itself off.: After researching the forums this morning I have decided to post my issue; I am consistently resetting the UAC (image below) and rebooting to allow Edge and Calculator to function as normal. [img] What must be done to keep this setting in its place permanently?...
  8. Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down: I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when I try to shut down the OS safely shuts down but the laptop stays on meaning I have to turn it off manually (hold the power button). I have tried turning off hybrid shutdown but this hasn't helped. How do I fix this? 10443
  9. Clock turned dark, invisible after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock turned dark, invisible after update: While everything is white on the taskbar, the clock turned black and so became almost invisible after the last automatic update (today, sept 26, 2016). Very annoying. Please help. 64906
  10. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...