Windows 10: Dark mode works.. except in my cmd/wsl title bar

Discus and support Dark mode works.. except in my cmd/wsl title bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Pretty much title.. I set my windows 10 to dark mode.. And everything has black/dark title bars. But my cmd and ubuntu.exe have white title bars and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jborame, Jul 5, 2020.

1. jborame Win User

Dark mode works.. except in my cmd/wsl title bar

Pretty much title.. I set my windows 10 to dark mode.. And everything has black/dark title bars. But my cmd and ubuntu.exe have white title bars and it's really annoying.. I can't figure out why or how to fix this..

Any ideas? Thanks!

:)

jborame, Jul 5, 2020

2. Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode

I don't know why nobody is talking about it, but the title bars (of everything except the explorer) remain white even with dark mode on. It looks ugly. I don't want to use black accents.

FrozenFireVR, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode

Dark mode works.. except in my cmd/wsl title bar ebe66c0e-a443-4fef-8689-9623312a2020?upload=true.jpg

DavidBaileyyz, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Westo48 Win User

How do I fix title bars not changing to dark mode setting?

Hey there. I am hoping someone will be able to help with this. I have been having this issue ever since dark mode came out, but am finally getting around to trying to fix it. Basically some program's title bars change with dark mode and some don't. I have
    tried resetting the dark mode (turning it off and turning it back on), changing the theme, basically resetting everything short of factory settings and then going back to dark mode. Nothing seems to work. It seems to mainly be the windows system windows other
    than file explorer, so cmd, powershell, system info, etc. I am running on windows 10 build 17763. The picture below shows the dark mode is working on file explorer, but not on command prompt. Hoping someone can help with this.
    Dark mode works.. except in my cmd/wsl title bar [​IMG]

Westo48, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Dark mode works.. except in my cmd/wsl title bar - Similar Threads - Dark mode works

2. Pls help what happened to my title bars? Title bars blacked out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pls help what happened to my title bars? Title bars blacked out.: I didin't remember doing anything and now my title bars look like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pls-help-what-happened-to-my-title-bars-title-bars/433f54e2-8ea7-4666-b303-7bba92d4b88b
  3. Dark mode search bar bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark mode search bar bug: I enabled dark mode on Windows 10 20H2 and sometimes when I click around, the search bar only is dark in the text box area, it looks like this: Imgur: The magic of the Internet It turns fully dark when I hover the mouse over it. Anyone know a solution? TIA 180811
  4. Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode - Revived.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode - Revived.: Why is this topic locked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/title-bars-of-applications-still-white-even-with/db672e8c-5177-444f-8678-19dc27af0ce9 This is the first relevant result I get when searching for the problem. The issue is still a problem what...
  5. How do I fix title bars not changing to dark mode setting?

How do I fix title bars not changing to dark mode setting?: Hey there. I am hoping someone will be able to help with this. I have been having this issue ever since dark mode came out, but am finally getting around to trying to fix it. Basically some program's title bars change with dark mode and some don't. I have tried resetting the...
  6. Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work: In Light mode: taskbar color never changes - always a hideous yellow/green, everything else follows color chosen In Dark mode: taskbar color changes- i choose a dark gray- but everything else is just black no matter which color is chosen. Neither option is acceptable. Is...
  7. Dark Mode Weird Bar in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dark Mode Weird Bar in Explorer: Has anyone else had a impossible to remove grey bar show up in Explorer in Dark Mode? How do I get rid of this?? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-weird-bar-in-explorer/f99e7b1b-2499-4120-9b67-5ba9c1f94904"
  8. Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode

Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode: I don't know why nobody is talking about it, but the title bars (of everything except the explorer) remain white even with dark mode on. It looks ugly. I don't want to use black accents....
  9. Dark mode shows white horizontal bar

Dark mode shows white horizontal bar: I don't know why but my Surface shows me that horizontal bar, can I "reset" Dark Mode? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_theme/dark-mode-shows-white-horizontal-bar/238cab5e-adcc-4adf-8367-3a21a2897bfc
  10. What is this icon on my title bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this icon on my title bar?: This icon (identified by the red arrow below) appears on the title bar of my windows and it covers the minimize icon. It seems to provide some additional functionality, but I find it annoying. Any idea where this come from? If I knew what software it was, I expect I will be...