Windows 10: Dark mode

Discus and support Dark mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; dark mode not working for file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode/e4c2bef3-340b-40f5-80ce-9a37272dd310 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Meet594, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Meet594 Win User

Dark mode

dark mode not working for file explorer

:)

Meet594, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Seifer23 Win User

Dark Mode

I was using dark mode before 1809, but with this update file explorer also has dark mode.

It there any option to disable dark mode on that specific program?

Seifer23, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    How to auto-set Application Mode (dark-light)?

Hi,

You have to toggle it manually to change the Application Mode, we understand that is more convenient if there is an option to do it automatically. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We suggest that you send us a feedback by following these
    steps.

• On Cortana, type Feedback.
    • Choose Personalization and Ease of Access.
    • Select Input personalization.
    • You can vote if your suggestion is listed or can send us new feedback.

Rest assures that our Engineering team will do necessary action to improve Microsoft products.

Regards.

Marby Rey, Feb 17, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Dark mode

YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

Dark mode 2001472367.png

"Next time you’re staying up till three in the morning mindlessly watching YouTube videos, why not give your eyes a rest and turn the lights out? As discovered by youTube now has a dark mode built-in : google, YouTube now a secret dark mode that’s easy to activate. Here’s how you do it:

• Make sure you have the most recent version of Google Chrome (that’s version 57 onwards)
    • Open up the developer window by hitting Ctrl + Shift + I on Windows, or Option + Command + I on Mac
    • Select the “console” tab
    • Paste in the following text: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE" and hit enter
    • Close the developer window, refresh your browser, and the dark mode toggle is available in the main settings menu in the top right."
    "This feature hasn’t yet been officially announced, but it’s part of a number of changes YouTube is testing for the website’s design."

Here’s how to activate YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

P4-630, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Dark mode

1. Dark mode - Similar Threads - Dark mode

2. Why won't large fonts and dark mode work in RegEdit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't large fonts and dark mode work in RegEdit?: I have to use large fonts and dark mode due to limited eye sight, but these settings do not seem to carry through to other Windows commands or features. Such as regedit and control panel settings. The font is so tiny and screen so white that even trying to use a 30x...
  3. Why won't large fonts and dark mode work in RegEdit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't large fonts and dark mode work in RegEdit?: I have to use large fonts and dark mode due to limited eye sight, but these settings do not seem to carry through to other Windows commands or features. Such as regedit and control panel settings. The font is so tiny and screen so white that even trying to use a 30x...
  4. Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white: I already reported this issue 2 months ago, but MS apparently does not want tfix it.You can see what my explorer windows look like. I did not change any settings within dark mode "customize". I just switched it on. It had been working for quite some time before, until I...
  5. Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white

Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white: I already reported this issue 2 months ago, but MS apparently does not want tfix it.You can see what my explorer windows look like. I did not change any settings within dark mode "customize". I just switched it on. It had been working for quite some time before, until I...
  6. Start menu stuck in dark mode

Start menu stuck in dark mode: Windows start menu stuck in dark modeEven after creating new account by default it light theme but the only the start menu is dark modeBlack color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-stuck-in-dark-mode/573596d2-d3d9-4585-87b2-a1f398941044
  7. Start menu stuck in dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu stuck in dark mode: Windows start menu stuck in dark modeEven after creating new account by default it light theme but the only the start menu is dark modeBlack color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-stuck-in-dark-mode/573596d2-d3d9-4585-87b2-a1f398941044
  8. Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode: Hello! My copy of windows 11 has an issue when it comes to dark mode. After updating windows 11 to 23h2, it displays text in black, while also being in dark modeI had to resort to using that one joke file manager app that microsoft ported from windows 3.11, because i cant get...
  9. Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode

Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode: Hello! My copy of windows 11 has an issue when it comes to dark mode. After updating windows 11 to 23h2, it displays text in black, while also being in dark modeI had to resort to using that one joke file manager app that microsoft ported from windows 3.11, because i cant get...
  10. How to disable color settings but keep light dark mode

How to disable color settings but keep light dark mode: I've been tasked in my organization to disable the color options on Windows 10, force default blue to be used but keep light dark mode as an option for end users. I've gone through the GPO options and can not find the right setting to get this accomplished. Any suggestions? I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why are my file explorer windows still white?