Windows 10: Dark screen during start up prior to log in

Discus and support Dark screen during start up prior to log in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 will not boot up and I tried the steps provided with no help. Any advise?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Statenisl, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Statenisl Win User

Dark screen during start up prior to log in

Windows 10 will not boot up and I tried the steps provided with no help. Any advise?

:)

Statenisl, Aug 11, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 11, 2019
  3. SavEm12 Win User
    Re-started Windows Explorer: My screen went blank/dark blue

1. My taskbar disappeared first. I opened task manager and found Windows Explorer at the bottom of the processes.

2. I pressed re-start and normally, the screen goes back to normal. I didn't do the steps you list in 2.

3. No. I just get the list.

4. I restarted my computer and nothing changes. I turned it off and waited, then turned it back on. I get the sign on screen. Enter my password and then the dark blue screen appears.

That 's it.

SavEm12, Aug 11, 2019
  4. sacst33 Win User

Lock Screen setting prior to log in

There is a screen that appears prior to logging in - I initially "somehow" set this to a picture, which I don't want. I can change the settings for my account once I log on but not this initial screen. Anyone?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / General]

sacst33, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Dark screen during start up prior to log in - Similar Threads - Dark screen during

2. Logging in/Start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logging in/Start up: My laptop is stuck on the "sign in" state. It has an email that i do not use and i am not able to access anything on my laptop. Is there a reset or something that can be done to gain access?...
  3. Slow Start Up and Black Screen After Log In

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow Start Up and Black Screen After Log In: Any ideas on how to fix my issue, PC use to boot and log in super quick, but as of a week ago, it always disk checks the C drive after doing so it takes ages to sign in, Today I also had black screen after log in, no desktop loading only thing that worked was task manager,...
  4. Startup screen, prior to logging in seems to be stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup screen, prior to logging in seems to be stuck: The screen that opens prior to signing in to Windows 10 Pro is stuck on the ugliest photo! I rated it as a photo I dislike a couple months ago, as I'm able to do and ever since the startup screen is stuck on that photo. I can't get any of the links to respond like, location...
  5. Screen that appears prior to local log on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen that appears prior to local log on.: Hi, cud anyone tell me what is the screen that appears prior to my local log on - AND how do I disable it - if thats possible please. thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-that-appears-prior-to-local-log-on/64f8e284-a421-483b-951b-6127d2131696
  6. Dark screen during Teams video Meetings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dark screen during Teams video Meetings: Hello, When I am using my Windows lifecam 3000 in Teams video it comes on very dark, like I am working in a cave. I usually like to blur my background but I dont have to now. Then all of a sudden it gets bright like it is supposed to be. It is not something I can control...
  7. Pc Blue screened during start up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc Blue screened during start up!: Hey guys, just turned my computer on, and was greeted with a BSOD, I installed 16GB of memory to the already 16GB installed, and ran a Memtest over night with zero errors. I can't remember alot from the BSOD but I do remember it had AMD in the error message. Windows Version...
  8. Start-up log-in gate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start-up log-in gate: How do I turn off the log-in requirement so the computer starts without it.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-log-in-gate/5f94190b-819b-479b-8571-d658d0165be9"
  9. Black screen during log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen during log in: Recently when logging in to my desktop I experienced some black screen I had to reset the drivers to revert it back to normal. It also happened when I played some games and I had to alt-tabbed. And also when I benchmark my computer with the valley. Please help I don't know...
  10. BSOD after starting up. had fixed prior driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after starting up. had fixed prior driver: Hi Gus, Well, had fixed the issue with the driver for the plug in USB to VGA adapter with a new J5 unit. Now, randomly, my computer will turn off the screen and CPU's jump to hi speed. I try resetting a few times but stays the same and then one will work and stay on like...