Windows 10: Dark screen

Discus and support Dark screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since t,his mornings update to build 1809, my screen goes very dark. If I open Microsoft Edge it has a black background. If I open BT Mail all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by colin higton, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Dark screen

Since t,his mornings update to build 1809, my screen goes very dark.

If I open Microsoft Edge it has a black background.

If I open BT Mail all the text has a black highlight around it.

:)

colin higton, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Dark Screen

Hi Adrienne,

The challenges that you are having with the screen of your computer may be hardware-related. However, we cannot cross out the fact that it may still be software-related. Having said that, we may go through a series of troubleshooting steps that are more
    focused on the software aspect of your computer. Before we proceed, let us isolate the issue by answering the following questions:

• When did you start to notice the issue with the brightness on your computer?
    • Were there any recent changes made on your computer?

We also suggest that you update the display drivers of your computer. Here is a
    link
    that will direct you to a page that contains the steps on how to do so.

Any update from you is highly appreciated.

Dyan Rey, Oct 4, 2018
  4. SavEm12 Win User

Dark screen

Re-started Windows Explorer: My screen went blank/dark blue

1. My taskbar disappeared first. I opened task manager and found Windows Explorer at the bottom of the processes.

2. I pressed re-start and normally, the screen goes back to normal. I didn't do the steps you list in 2.

3. No. I just get the list.

4. I restarted my computer and nothing changes. I turned it off and waited, then turned it back on. I get the sign on screen. Enter my password and then the dark blue screen appears.

That 's it.

SavEm12, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Dark screen

1. Dark screen - Similar Threads - Dark screen

2. any time I install a new driver my screen suddenly goes dark i can not see anything ,i want...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    any time I install a new driver my screen suddenly goes dark i can not see anything ,i want...: any time I install a new driver my screen suddenly goes dark i can not see anything ,i want to know what causing that problem and how i can fix it....
  3. any time I install a new driver my screen suddenly goes dark i can not see anything ,i want...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any time I install a new driver my screen suddenly goes dark i can not see anything ,i want...: any time I install a new driver my screen suddenly goes dark i can not see anything ,i want to know what causing that problem and how i can fix it....
  4. Stripes at bottom of the screen and dark vertical "shadow" on laptop screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Stripes at bottom of the screen and dark vertical "shadow" on laptop screen: Hi! I have an issue with my 2,5 year old Legion 5 screen. As you can see on the pictures, there are horizontal lines at the bottom of the screen. I'm not sure when they exactly appeared, but I've spotted them 1-2~ or so month ago. Apart from that, there are also vertical...
  5. My screen goes dark after 10 seconds, it’s not a monitor problem, i already checked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen goes dark after 10 seconds, it’s not a monitor problem, i already checked: My screen seems to go so dark, I can barely see it. It’s not a monitor problem, because it displays correctly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-goes-dark-after-10-seconds-its-not-a/b280a6e6-dbca-43c7-8320-aba034e7acad
  6. My screen goes dark after 10 seconds, it’s not a monitor problem, i already checked

My screen goes dark after 10 seconds, it’s not a monitor problem, i already checked: My screen seems to go so dark, I can barely see it. It’s not a monitor problem, because it displays correctly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-goes-dark-after-10-seconds-its-not-a/b280a6e6-dbca-43c7-8320-aba034e7acad
  7. Why does my screen go dark when I up the refresh rate to 240

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen go dark when I up the refresh rate to 240: My screen goes dark when I up my refresh rate to 240 hz, I have a 7900 xtx and a 7 7800x3d and a omen 1440 p 240 hz refresh rate monitor but when I try to up it to 240 it goes back to whatever the hz was before after going dark for a couple seconds...
  8. Why does my screen go dark when I up the refresh rate to 240

Why does my screen go dark when I up the refresh rate to 240: My screen goes dark when I up my refresh rate to 240 hz, I have a 7900 xtx and a 7 7800x3d and a omen 1440 p 240 hz refresh rate monitor but when I try to up it to 240 it goes back to whatever the hz was before after going dark for a couple seconds...
  9. Acer Laptop blue light on, but screen and keyboard both dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Laptop blue light on, but screen and keyboard both dark: Hey, I've got an acer A515-45 laptop. Recently I've noticed that when I close the lid for a few hours the laptop goes to sleep no problem, and wakes right up after I lift the lid back up. However recently I've got a problem where I'll close the lid and leave the laptop to...
  10. Acer Laptop blue light on, but screen and keyboard both dark

Acer Laptop blue light on, but screen and keyboard both dark: Hey, I've got an acer A515-45 laptop. Recently I've noticed that when I close the lid for a few hours the laptop goes to sleep no problem, and wakes right up after I lift the lid back up. However recently I've got a problem where I'll close the lid and leave the laptop to...