Windows 10: dark screen

Discus and support dark screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; dark nearly black screen after updating to windows 10 from win 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by normanbone, Jul 9, 2019.

1. dark screen

dark nearly black screen after updating to windows 10 from win 7

:)

normanbone, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Dark Screen

Hi Adrienne,

The challenges that you are having with the screen of your computer may be hardware-related. However, we cannot cross out the fact that it may still be software-related. Having said that, we may go through a series of troubleshooting steps that are more
    focused on the software aspect of your computer. Before we proceed, let us isolate the issue by answering the following questions:

• When did you start to notice the issue with the brightness on your computer?
    • Were there any recent changes made on your computer?

We also suggest that you update the display drivers of your computer. Here is a
    link
    that will direct you to a page that contains the steps on how to do so.

Any update from you is highly appreciated.

Dyan Rey, Jul 9, 2019
  4. SavEm12 Win User

dark screen

Re-started Windows Explorer: My screen went blank/dark blue

1. My taskbar disappeared first. I opened task manager and found Windows Explorer at the bottom of the processes.

2. I pressed re-start and normally, the screen goes back to normal. I didn't do the steps you list in 2.

3. No. I just get the list.

4. I restarted my computer and nothing changes. I turned it off and waited, then turned it back on. I get the sign on screen. Enter my password and then the dark blue screen appears.

That 's it.

SavEm12, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

dark screen

1. dark screen - Similar Threads - dark screen

2. Brightness settings useless, screen dark with a black band, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness settings useless, screen dark with a black band, how do I fix this?: I am ashamed to admit that I was desperate enough to believe in an advertised scheme for one of the driver updaters while looking for a solution to an issue I have involving connecting to the primary DNS server (this may be another question in the future). I updated my...
  3. my screen is too dark and I can't figure out how to change it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my screen is too dark and I can't figure out how to change it: my screen is too dark. I cant figure out how to change it. I tried going to device manager and I don't have a slide to change the brightness like it says to...
  4. Screen Colors Muted Darkly

Screen Colors Muted Darkly: With only two computers in the household it is easy for us to have all of them along the same wall in our small apartment. I play the Facebook game of Sweet Road. It's fundamental goal is to match a minimum of 3 candies of the same variety (color & shape). Issue Standard...
  5. Screen dark and keyboard not responding after a recent Windows 10 update (14May2019)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen dark and keyboard not responding after a recent Windows 10 update (14May2019): My Lenovo Z40-70 was working perfectly fine until it went dark after the recent Windows 10 update on May 14, 2019. I received a message for a Windows 10 update. I selected "Restart Now" and left the computer to update Windows 10. I returned about 3 hours later to a dark...
  6. Change to Dark Screen

Change to Dark Screen: How can I enable the dark theme of Windows 10, so I can rest my eyes at night? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-to-dark-screen/8ef3bcfd-698d-48fe-8e45-760a7a6322f8
  7. Screen goes black/dark every second or two (A little Flicker too)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black/dark every second or two (A little Flicker too): The problem usually happens when using a game or app. All the apps are compatible, I searched all over youtube and google but everything did not work. My laptop was already on Windows 10 when I got it and I have not gone through any Windows updates. Screen going black/dark...
  8. The screen goes dark when I watch YouTube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The screen goes dark when I watch YouTube: I have to hover over the screen and always touch it because the screen often goes dark. It happens when I am watching YouTube or Prime, I really need to sit and touch it again and again....
  9. laptop screen goes dark when unpluged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop screen goes dark when unpluged: I have a problem with the screen on my laptop going dark when unplugged from the external power, as soon as I plug it back in it comes to life. I have reinstalled windows several times. still has the glitch. Thanks...
  10. UAC Dark Screen Occurs When Asked for Administrator Privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Dark Screen Occurs When Asked for Administrator Privileges: I'm having a weird persistent issue which my Microsoft helper was unable to solve. Whenever I'm prompted for permission to run as administrator, I'm getting a dark screen with the sound of asking for administrator permissions, from which I can't figure out how to exit without...