Windows 10: Dark-Theme: Address Toolbar Text Colour and Background Colour bug-1809

Discus and support Dark-Theme: Address Toolbar Text Colour and Background Colour bug-1809 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In early October, after the (first) 1809 Update, I posted a thread relating to the Address Toolbar in the Taskbar, and the problems that I was having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jameswesthead, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Dark-Theme: Address Toolbar Text Colour and Background Colour bug-1809

In early October, after the (first) 1809 Update, I posted a thread relating to the Address Toolbar in the Taskbar, and the problems that I was having with it. Essentially, the background of the Toolbar had become almost the same colour as the text I typed in, and so the facility (which I use a lot) became unuseable. However, I found that by removing the Toolbar and then re-instating it fixed the problem. It is mildly irritating to have to do this.
    Since then I have intermittently tried to find out what was going on, because no-one else seemed to be experiencing the same problem.
    Yesterday I at last discovered the cause. *Biggrin The one thing that I had failed to take into account was my use of the newly introduced 'Dark Theme'. If I go to Settings>Personalisation>Colours> and under 'Choose your default app mode', click 'Light', the problem goes away. If I then re-set it to 'Dark', things are OK and it seems that problem is fixed. However, if I reman in 'Dark Theme' and then shut-down followed by a re-boot (automatically into Dark Theme, of course), the problem is back again.
    So, the 'fix' is not to use 'Dark Theme', which is a pity .........

:)

jameswesthead, Dec 12, 2018
  2. mccbleue Win User

Text colour problem

You can't change the text colours displayed separately, they are linked to the theme that you have in use. The only solutions are to choose a different theme in the display settings which has a text colour more suited to your chosen background image or
    to creat a theme of your own using something like the theme creator at
    www.zedge.net
    to create a theme with a colour scheme of your preferred choice.

mccbleue, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Decko44 Win User
    Cannot change page background colour from the toolbar

Office 2007 loaded ok. However in using word the page background is black and the text is white when trying to change page colour to white from the toolbar nothing happens it will not change to any other colour?

I have tried loading Works and the word program in that is the same 'Black background and white text impossible to change?
    Office 2007 installed on another computer running windows 10 and works fine?

Decko44, Dec 12, 2018
  4. mccbleue Win User

Dark-Theme: Address Toolbar Text Colour and Background Colour bug-1809

N79 Standby text colour

Unfortunately not, the colours of text and background throughout the phone UI are determined by the theme itself and not changeable by settings.

You could try using some of the online theme creators such as the one at
    www.zedge.net
    to make a theme with similar images to your current one and select from their available colour combinations, but sometimes these don't offer you the variety of colours that you might need to work with particular background colours/images.
    It's a bit hit-and-miss, I'm afraid.

mccbleue, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Dark-Theme: Address Toolbar Text Colour and Background Colour bug-1809

1. Dark-Theme: Address Toolbar Text Colour and Background Colour bug-1809 - Similar Threads - Dark Theme Address

2. How to reset background colours or themes - Turned Pink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset background colours or themes - Turned Pink: Hi,The background in Windows 11 has changed to pink, how can I reset this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-background-colours-or-themes-turned/fee7678e-f324-40f1-a517-38354598de17
  3. Windows 11 dark theme forcing another colour?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 dark theme forcing another colour?: When I go to dark mode it makes my chosen theme colour a pastel light version of it which I HATE. I want the red ive always had without having to go to light mode. Is it possible to have the red that I want with dark mode? It automatically turns my red into some ugly orange....
  4. Windows 11 dark theme forcing another colour?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 dark theme forcing another colour?: When I go to dark mode it makes my chosen theme colour a pastel light version of it which I HATE. I want the red ive always had without having to go to light mode. Is it possible to have the red that I want with dark mode? It automatically turns my red into some ugly orange....
  5. Personalisation - Colours - Dark - Programs and Features background colour change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalisation - Colours - Dark - Programs and Features background colour change: Hi, Is there a way to change the back ground colour in the Programs and Features(Uninstall or change a program)? I like to use the Dark theme under Colours however I have a problem when I go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program the background is dark like it...
  6. Windows 10 Background / Theme Colour changed

Windows 10 Background / Theme Colour changed: Dear Friends, After recent Windows 10 update, the colour of the Windows 10 Background / theme - The Blue colour Window picture - appears changed - now it is a bit lighter blue not like the earlier dark blue. Is it due to some problem in my computer or the recent update is...
  7. monitor text and background colours

monitor text and background colours: I am using a HP Pavilion 500 PC and a HP 23" 500 Pavilion monitor with Windows 10. I want to change text from black on a white background, to a white text on a black background in all Windows folders (with the usual coloured icons on Desktop). How do I accomplish...
  8. 1809 dark theme bug

1809 dark theme bug: Hello, have just installed the update with the dak theme and i see this bug, do you see these white rows on the top and bottom. have no idea how to made them dark. [ATTACH]...
  9. Photos background colour?

Photos background colour?: Has Windows Photos background changed to white? I prefer the black background, is there a way to change it? 120248
  10. Text Colours

Text Colours: My Desktop normally shows text in black and / or green - can I change the green text to a more readable colour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/text-colours/e2164841-5989-4f69-9713-9870d6fd1dc9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dark theme bug 1809