Windows 10: Dark Theme is not correctly displayed in explorer and task bar

Discus and support Dark Theme is not correctly displayed in explorer and task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just installed the 1809 Windows update, eager for the new dark theme of the explorer. To my demise there appears to be a displaying error which makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nikolai_K, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Nikolai_K Win User

Dark Theme is not correctly displayed in explorer and task bar

I just installed the 1809 Windows update, eager for the new dark theme of the explorer. To my demise there appears to be a displaying error which makes the dark theme unusable:

Dark Theme is not correctly displayed in explorer and task bar a0f5b591-95ea-41a1-b044-593302f9554c?upload=true.jpg

Dark Theme is not correctly displayed in explorer and task bar ca9989bf-de56-4ac3-ac9c-5909d04cd5d8?upload=true.jpg

Restarting and turning dark theme on and off does not make a difference.

Dark Theme is not correctly displayed in explorer and task bar 930e3785-04ca-45dd-bc38-61b4625e7b2d?upload=true.jpg

A second curious/annoying issue is that the font color of the date and time display in the taskbar is black on black background when the task bar is vertical at the left or right of the display:

Dark Theme is not correctly displayed in explorer and task bar 79c16627-6b73-40d2-9f82-9213efd78c11?upload=true.jpg

In horizontal position it is displayed correctly:

Dark Theme is not correctly displayed in explorer and task bar 91fa0897-3548-4b54-a6cc-8750f265b6bf?upload=true.jpg

Are these known issues? Any ideas how to resolve them?

:)

Nikolai_K, Feb 6, 2019

2. Dark Theme for File Explorer.

I waited exactly 9 years since Windows 7 released for Dark Theme to be used on the File Explorer and i feel hyped about Dark Theme can be used when you update your windows to version 1803 few weeks ago when i read it on article. My friend already got
    their File Explorer themed black, and i already updated it to version 1803 as they say it will works. But why my file explorer theme is still white even though its on version 1803 and already changed the theme to dark? Thank you.

Andrew Soe, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Johnsix95 Win User
    October Update - unwanted dark theme (Windows Explorer)

I recieved the October Update yesterday. I noticed that Windows Explorer has a dark theme after restarting. But the dark theme is ugly and makes me angry, because it's all very unclear.

I tried to search in Explorer's settings but there is not an option for change it back to light theme.

I use a dark theme as default. It is very good for Settings section, Microsoft Photos or search bar (which doesn't have a white color).

But I chose a light theme in Groove music.

And the same I want to do in Windows Explorer. The main theme I want to have dark and Windows Explorer theme light.

Is there an option I've overlooked? If not, can the theme of the Explorer be changed in registry? Or is there another possibility?

If this does not change, then I will have to uninstall the October Update.

Thank you for any advice!

(PS. I like the color theme in Windows (color change based on the background). But colors in the table header are darker after update. I also do not like it. I'll be glad if there's also a way to make the colors in the
    headline of the tables lighter.)

Screenshot

Johnsix95, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Dark Theme is not correctly displayed in explorer and task bar

Keep explorer use light theme while other metro app use dark theme

Hi, i just recently update my windows to windows 10 version 1809. Previously i use dark theme for the metro apps and really like it. then after the update i surprised that now the explorer and bars on the windows also have dark theme. it quite nice but i
    don't like it too much. because the icons is not ready for the change. also, the control panel still it's white background but the bars under the windows frame is dark, it just doesn't feels right.

So, is there any way to keep the bars, and explorer background light while keep the metro apps dark?

cheka handy, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Dark Theme is not correctly displayed in explorer and task bar

1. Dark Theme is not correctly displayed in explorer and task bar - Similar Threads - Dark Theme correctly

2. Dark theme for task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark theme for task manager: Is it possible to get dark mode for task manager in windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme-for-task-manager/f30093d7-fefe-46f0-af07-c7629df5a508
  3. explorer address bar & explorer context menus fail to use dark theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    explorer address bar & explorer context menus fail to use dark theme: i can override the colors using the high contrast settings interface, but i would like to use the default dark theme over this. submitted by /u/waiting4singularity [link] [comments]...
  4. Task Manager Dark theme?

Task Manager Dark theme?: Is there a way to make the Task Manager Dark, like the other Dark options / explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-dark-theme/fbc409ae-ff67-4dfc-91b3-9056d880cf71
  5. Time is not displaying correctly in the task bar.

Time is not displaying correctly in the task bar.: [ATTACH] As in the above screenshot,time in task bar is not displaying correctly.I have restarted my computer ,but the issue is not resolved. Please suggest me the solution if you encountered same issue....
  6. How dark theme applies in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How dark theme applies in explorer: [ATTACH] Hello everyone I have an issue with my Lenovo T490s laptop whenever I enable dark mode for apps in the latest version of Windows 10 Enterprise (fully updated). Does anyone know how I can fix this, I just need the dark mode to work as it should. I need to get...
  7. Dark theme in windows explorer

Dark theme in windows explorer: What if I don't want dark theme only in windows explorer, but want it at every other place like windows settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme-in-windows-explorer/ca44e3cb-f4aa-4f47-86cb-239d8e70bd6a
  8. Dark Theme for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark Theme for File Explorer?: Hi, I've noticed that my version of Windows 10 supports a Dark Theme which I've selected, but that File Explorer continues to be bright white. Is there some way I can change this so that it's dark as well? My OS information: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 Installed...
  9. Dark Theme for File Explorer.

Dark Theme for File Explorer.: I waited exactly 9 years since Windows 7 released for Dark Theme to be used on the File Explorer and i feel hyped about Dark Theme can be used when you update your windows to version 1803 few weeks ago when i read it on article. My friend already got their File Explorer...
  10. Dark Theme Explorer Bug

Dark Theme Explorer Bug: Ever since the dark themed explorer came out, I have this one issue that I tried to fix for quite some time. My explorer looks ugly and well, this. Look at the menu, the accent color, smaller text. Color isn't what it should be, and is unreadable without highlighting AND...