Windows 10: Dark Theme

Discus and support Dark Theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PrateekArora22, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Dark Theme

I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc.

:)

PrateekArora22, Mar 15, 2019

2. Dark Theme no longer works after November update

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

Let’s try uninstalling/reinstalling the theme and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel

• Click on Programs and features, locate for the Dark theme, right click on it and click on
      Uninstall.

• Now try installing it again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 15, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Dark theme in edge WP10

Because you asked so nicely ... here it is:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on the dropdown box underneath Choose a theme.
    • Select Dark.

BulldogXX, Mar 15, 2019
  4. V0M
    V0M Win User

Dark Theme

Dark theme PC

Hi Deepika,

It would be nice to hear from you. Dark Theme ;) I have the same concern as Hung. I wonder how do I enable dark theme (just like on Windows10 Mobile) without resorting to high contrast themes. The last option suggests extreme contrast and awfully unfriendly boxes
    in the bottom of the screen, etc. some users manipulate registry and get partially dark theme and other users would like to have it too as default option.

It would be great to have dark option available that would remain friendly and pleasing to the eye. I have to commend Microsoft's efforts in Windows 10 mobile, Office, but what about your main product that lags behind? Please pass on the concern and address
    it. Please. Thanks in advance.

Best,

V.

Thema:

Dark Theme

1. Dark Theme - Similar Threads - Dark Theme

2. Dark Context menu in Light Theme when clicking on options for Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Context menu in Light Theme when clicking on options for Wi-Fi: Clicking on wifi shows dark tabs in Windows Light theme (Version 1903). If it's a bug then please find me a [ATTACH]sloution to fix this. ***Modified title from: Clicking on wifi shows dark tabs in Windows Light theme (Version 1903). If it's a bug then please find me a...
  3. Clicking on wifi shows dark tabs in Windows Light theme (Version 1903). If it's a bug then...

Clicking on wifi shows dark tabs in Windows Light theme (Version 1903). If it's a bug then...: Clicking on wifi shows dark tabs in Windows Light theme (Version 1903). If it's a bug then please find me a [ATTACH]sloution to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clicking-on-wifi-shows-dark-tabs-in-windows-light/a8aaf1a0-0689-4ea6-8b38-6987f9bdb490
  4. windows dark theme

windows dark theme: hey there I really like that dark theme in windows and i saw that in my cousin's laptop. I would like to know that how can i enable that on mine? i like to have that dark windows and i appreciate your help and i wanted to know that can i customize that theme or it's not...
  5. Windows 10 dark theme malfunction

Windows 10 dark theme malfunction: I use the dark setting in the colours menu in Windows 10, I prefer to work with it as my eyes don't like the glare of the light theme. The names of my folders and thumbnails have recently turned to black text instead of white. How can I fix this?...
  6. Global dark theme is an awful dictation!

Global dark theme is an awful dictation!: Hello fellow Windows 10 user, as I turned on my laptop this morning I noticed that after the update I installed yesterday some changes have happened. As alway I cross my fingers and hope Microsoft did not disimprove anything. And right away I see some cool stuff like fore...
  7. File Explorer - Dark theme looks weird

File Explorer - Dark theme looks weird: When I change my "Default App Mode" in personalisation settings, File Explorer doesn't look like it should:[ATTACH] I seem to remember having a program at one point that changed how file explorer looked (Classic Shell) but I've uninstalled it. I've looked through my list of...
  8. How to enable Dark Mode theme on new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Dark Mode theme on new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has relaunched its Microsoft Edge browser powered by the Chromium engine. It launched as a public preview – but the final build will be available soon. One of the most loved and latest features added to the new Edge [...] This post How to enable...
  9. How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft)

How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft): Windows 1809 managed to display the control panel as dark, or rather, the internet connections as dark, which I like better than the white. I am talking of the official dark theme that is even applied to the Explorer for the first time, in 1809, which makes me chose this...
  10. How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft): Windows 1809 managed to display the control panel as dark, or rather, the internet connections as dark, which I like better than the white. I am talking of the official dark theme that is even applied to the Explorer for the first time, in 1809, which makes me chose this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locate surface dark theme