Windows 10: Dark Theme

Discus and support Dark Theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PrateekArora22, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Dark Theme

I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc.

:)

PrateekArora22, Mar 15, 2019

2. Dark Theme no longer works after November update

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

Let’s try uninstalling/reinstalling the theme and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel

• Click on Programs and features, locate for the Dark theme, right click on it and click on
      Uninstall.

• Now try installing it again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 15, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Dark theme in edge WP10

Because you asked so nicely ... here it is:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on the dropdown box underneath Choose a theme.
    • Select Dark.

BulldogXX, Mar 15, 2019
  4. V0M
    V0M Win User

Dark Theme

Dark theme PC

Hi Deepika,

It would be nice to hear from you. Dark Theme ;) I have the same concern as Hung. I wonder how do I enable dark theme (just like on Windows10 Mobile) without resorting to high contrast themes. The last option suggests extreme contrast and awfully unfriendly boxes
    in the bottom of the screen, etc. some users manipulate registry and get partially dark theme and other users would like to have it too as default option.

It would be great to have dark option available that would remain friendly and pleasing to the eye. I have to commend Microsoft's efforts in Windows 10 mobile, Office, but what about your main product that lags behind? Please pass on the concern and address
    it. Please. Thanks in advance.

Best,

V.

Thema:

Dark Theme

1. Dark Theme - Similar Threads - Dark Theme

2. File explorer dark theme not applying properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer dark theme not applying properly: Since the implementation of Dark theme, I've been a bizarre white tool bar, it originates from the white theme but apparently it doesn't change when I apply the dark theme. You can see what I mean here. An interesting remark I have to make is that when launching File...
  3. File Explorer/Context Menus having some issues with dark theme

File Explorer/Context Menus having some issues with dark theme: As you can see in the image, parts of file explorer and context menus are still white, making things unreadable. I've tried updating, restarting, and toggling dark theme to no avail. I'm just forced to use light theme at the moment, which enables me to use my computer but is...
  4. File explorer in dark theme gone!

File explorer in dark theme gone!: Hello, After updating Windows to 1809 a couple weeks ago I was glad to start using File explorer dark theme. Last night I noticed that it's gone and back to the old white background theme. I can't recall what was changed, might have been a recent win update or disk cleanup...
  5. Dark Theme in Windows 10

Dark Theme in Windows 10: When i apply dark theme in windows 10, my windows file explorer and settings all become dark. Is it possible to keep only my setting dark while my file explorer light?...
  6. dark theme

dark theme: need dark theme for all apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/4752842f-8df5-4a38-83a8-590fbb1edad8
  7. Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update.: Hi I have a problem in file explorer when I am in light mode and highlight a file it shows all the information about file (ie) when and what time it was downloaded, in dark mode if I highlight same file I cannot see information the writing is extremely hard to read. Can...
  8. Google Chrome to respect Windows 10’s dark and light theme settings

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome to respect Windows 10’s dark and light theme settings: Google is working on a dark theme for Chrome browser on Windows 10 and it appears to be coming sooner than expected. Windows 10 has its own system-wide dark mode and it certainly makes sense for Chrome to respect the settings in order to align with the visual appearance of...
  9. Dark Theme is not correctly displayed in explorer and task bar

Dark Theme is not correctly displayed in explorer and task bar: I just installed the 1809 Windows update, eager for the new dark theme of the explorer. To my demise there appears to be a displaying error which makes the dark theme unusable: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Restarting and turning dark theme on and off does not make a difference....
  10. Keep explorer use light theme while other metro app use dark theme

Keep explorer use light theme while other metro app use dark theme: Hi, i just recently update my windows to windows 10 version 1809. Previously i use dark theme for the metro apps and really like it. then after the update i surprised that now the explorer and bars on the windows also have dark theme. it quite nice but i don't like it too...