Windows 10: DarkStarOne - oldie goldie

Discus and support DarkStarOne - oldie goldie in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; DarkstarOne, for space battle enthusiasts, has been around for a long time but many people gave up because modern monitors created resolution problems,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by elbmek, Jun 27, 2019.

1. elbmek Win User

DarkStarOne - oldie goldie

DarkstarOne, for space battle enthusiasts, has been around for a long time but many people gave up because modern monitors created resolution problems, myself included, so it went into the Steam library and lay there forgotten. Then I decided to give it another go as its still one of the best mission/freelance games. (I tried the X *** space games, but they are too complicated for me so they too went back into Steam library). I am running DS1 on a 28 inch 4K monitor, via display port as opposed to HDMI, on a res of 2560 x 1440 perfectly thanks to a tip I saw telling us to go into game options, graphics, and untick FSAA. It worked and all res problems vanished. The top res for the monitor does work too but screws up the map pics; they cannot adjust to higher res. good fun, finished and now freelancing across galaxy.

:)

elbmek, Jun 27, 2019
  2. kenkickr Win User

[FS/FT]   Catnipkillers used goodies

bump for somewhat oldies but still goldies.

kenkickr, Jun 27, 2019
  3. kenkickr Win User
    [FS]   [UK]Clearout Sale

PM Sent for some oldy but goldy parts!

kenkickr, Jun 27, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

preinting disk contents list in windows 10

Hi,

Ordinarily I would suggest using Command Prompt, however for printing a full listing of a drive, you might need this;

Click the link below to download a tiny free utility (it is an oldie, but a goldie that will work in Windows 10)

It is great for printing out file listings and has plenty of options:

Get the Free version:

Karen's Directory Printer the File Cataloging Utility for Windows v5.4.3 Released April 15, 2019 | Karen's Power Tools

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DarkStarOne - oldie goldie 40a4867e-b598-4931-9d88-b7b843f6fed0?upload=true.jpg

DaveM121, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. DarkStarOne - oldie goldie - Similar Threads - DarkStarOne oldie goldie

2. Got a real oldie here

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a real oldie here: Hi thereI may be living in the past but some very useful programs were developed in the 1980´s for example, MS Designer a vector drawing program which was easy to use, ran on 286/386 16 bit operating systems. The more modern processors won´t accept these old vector...
  3. Got a real oldie here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got a real oldie here: Hi thereI may be living in the past but some very useful programs were developed in the 1980´s for example, MS Designer a vector drawing program which was easy to use, ran on 286/386 16 bit operating systems. The more modern processors won´t accept these old vector...
  4. Oldies: what is best Display Driver & Setting for Q35 chipset E8400?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Oldies: what is best Display Driver & Setting for Q35 chipset E8400?: I have several HP and one Dell with the Q35 chipset and E8400 C2D, and only one of them ever 'looked' decent via onboard graphics on an average monitor. Another serves as a workstation in kitchen, with a Radeon 5450 card SSD lots of mem, looks terrific thanks to the card, and...
  5. Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie: When my desktop computer goes into sleep mode (hybrid) it disconnects my Ethernet connection to the internet. Upon waking up the computer it will take 15 to 20 seconds for the computer to automatically reconnect my Ethernet connection. I've gone into "Network Adapters" in...
  6. BSOD on odd games, from oldies Pharaoh, Caesar 3 to SE III

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on odd games, from oldies Pharaoh, Caesar 3 to SE III: I tend to leave my machine on for a week at a shot, games paused, multiple tabs open. Around late December 2016, it threw a BSOD. Recovered, but can browse reliably for days, but certain games seem to trigger reboots, mostly Pharaoh and Sniper Elite III. Finally performed a...
  7. 10 on an oldies laptop. Good idea?

in Windows 10 Support
    10 on an oldies laptop. Good idea?: I've had to fix the mother in laws windows 7 laptop which was in a right state. I've installed the 10 technical preview and it runs sweet, found all drivers, easy peasy. No waiting forever to download updates.......boots faster etc. When it comes to windows 10...