Windows 10: darn kids!

Discus and support darn kids! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my daughter was playing on the xbox i got for christmas and i have a regular screen time limit about 2 hours weekdays and ive just realized that shes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by silent666, Jan 26, 2021.

1. silent666 Win User

darn kids!

my daughter was playing on the xbox i got for christmas and i have a regular screen time limit about 2 hours weekdays and ive just realized that shes been playing more than 4 hours on weekdays! i had to take the controller and hide it in my office so she couldnt play more than allowed! please help with this issue

:)

silent666, Jan 26, 2021
  2. AndySteck Win User

Windows Phone 8 - Kids Corner Backdoor to Internet

• Is there a way to dissable access to Internet Explorer entirely from within Kids Corner?
    This way if a game has a link to a webpage or youtube video the kid pressing that button can't get to it.

I will post the suggestion at the feature suggestions page. But to me this sounds more like a flaw in the Kids Corner coding and should be patched.

• Is there another forum I should post to in order to raise additional awareness?

AndySteck, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Entegy Win User
    Kids Corner

• Turn off Kid's Corner in Settings>kid's corner
    • No, you can only set up one space.

Entegy, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

darn kids!

Windows 10 Kids Security

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• Is the issue confined to a particular user account?
    • What type of account have you logged into? Is it a Microsoft account or local account?
    • Have you logged in as an Administrator?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to restrict your kid to use computer?

To turn on Family Safety, you or at least one designated parent needs an
    administrator account; the kids you choose to monitor each need a standard user account.

To check whether the account you are logged in is administrator or not please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type netplwiz and hit enter.
    • See the account you are logged in with.

If you are not logged in as an administrator, I suggest you try logging in as administrator and check.

I would recommend you to reconfigure the Family Safety settings and check if it works.

You can refer link below to setup the account.

Set up your kids' accounts in Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/set-up-kids-accounts#1TC=t1

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Once that is setup, refer this link to setup the limits for the accounts.

Limit when and how your kids can use the PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/limit-setting-kids-pc#1TC=t1

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

darn kids!

1. darn kids! - Similar Threads - darn kids

2. I just set up my new hp windows 11 laptop, why is the internet being so darn slow even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just set up my new hp windows 11 laptop, why is the internet being so darn slow even...: Just help plss https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-set-up-my-new-hp-windows-11-laptop-why-is/4b74fc06-d259-4498-99cd-72463fec3b82
  3. I just set up my new hp windows 11 laptop, why is the internet being so darn slow even...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just set up my new hp windows 11 laptop, why is the internet being so darn slow even...: Just help plss https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-set-up-my-new-hp-windows-11-laptop-why-is/4b74fc06-d259-4498-99cd-72463fec3b82
  4. "Virus Scan Failed" Couldn't download a darn thing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Virus Scan Failed" Couldn't download a darn thing.: I guess I'm #865 with the same inquiry. Since Windows 11 was forced upon me, I am unable to download anything. Not even Microsoft 365.I tried changing the HKEY local machine in regedit from 3 to 1, it's stuck on 3. Changed the prompt in properties to accept downloads, didn't...
  5. "Virus Scan Failed" Couldn't download a darn thing.

"Virus Scan Failed" Couldn't download a darn thing.: I guess I'm #865 with the same inquiry. Since Windows 11 was forced upon me, I am unable to download anything. Not even Microsoft 365.I tried changing the HKEY local machine in regedit from 3 to 1, it's stuck on 3. Changed the prompt in properties to accept downloads, didn't...
  6. why is it so darn complicated to register my laptop to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    why is it so darn complicated to register my laptop to my Microsoft account: I just wasted over 2 hours trying to do this. This is a dell 3000 15 laptop. Please only experienced help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-so-darn-complicated-to-register-my/0142b880-0bc1-438d-9c5c-0bd979e870e8
  7. why is it so darn complicated to register my laptop to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is it so darn complicated to register my laptop to my Microsoft account: I just wasted over 2 hours trying to do this. This is a dell 3000 15 laptop. Please only experienced help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-so-darn-complicated-to-register-my/0142b880-0bc1-438d-9c5c-0bd979e870e8
  8. why is it so darn complicated to register my laptop to my Microsoft account

9. My Dell alien ware is pretty darn slow now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Dell alien ware is pretty darn slow now: So I'm 13 I got a Dell alien ware laptop for my birthday I don't really know the design or any other product information as it was torn off from a previous owner we got the laptop on eBay maybe a year and 3 months later I get a VIRUS...
  10. Windows so darned dysfunctional at times? I've used Windows since Win95. Won't allow...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows so darned dysfunctional at times? I've used Windows since Win95. Won't allow...: Oh for those days when a desktop owner could look into their own pc and see how it ticks, and if competent make the necessary changes. I take very good care of my HP desktop. It gets all the latest versions and updates for 10. I defrag and check for malware, etc on a regular...