Windows 10: Darned green check marks adjacent to new saved documents

Discus and support Darned green check marks adjacent to new saved documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been reading the issues related to those green check marks in front of saved documents but solutions suggested are not working for me, and now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonKrause1, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Darned green check marks adjacent to new saved documents

I've been reading the issues related to those green check marks in front of saved documents but solutions suggested are not working for me, and now I can't print a financial document - just view - and there is no issue with my printer connectivity because I can print a test page via Windows and it prints fine. I could care less about the "cloud" for saving documents - I want to save documents ONLY to my PC which I back up manually.

How do I stop getting documents sent to the crazy "cloud" and just to my personal files on my PC ? Microsoft shouldn't be taking control of where I keep my files. I tried right clicking on the document to try to save it to my recent files list and I don't get that option on the list provided. Can't get rid of the green arrows and can't print important documents.

How do I fix this ???????

:)

RonKrause1, Oct 8, 2019

2. Documents and pictures... green check mark?

So I recently got a new computer with windows 10, and I am still getting used to it.

I was looking for my documents and pictures folders...

But when I hit the dropdown for "This PC" I see a "Documents" and "Pictures" but they have green check marks next to them (I think they have something to do with the cloud?) What are these?

Apparently my real documents and pictures folders are under the "Libraries" dropdown... Because the green check mark documents and pictures are empty.

Is there any way to connect these two? I don't really understand this

JakeMiller1337, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Documents and pictures... green check mark?

Thank you for the helpful reply, but when I opened up "This PC" my documents and pictures under "This PC" are the ones with green check marks not my original files and folders that I am looking for :/ I was hoping I could change this to make the "Documents"
    and "Pictures" under "This PC" my originals.. not one drive documents and pictures

The only place I can find my original documents and pictures is under "Libraries" which is hard to get to because it doesn't even show up on the list under quick access nor this PC.

Also, when I go to properties in the documents and pictures folders there is no "location" tab to change the file path available... So I am not sure how to get my originals back to "This PC"

JakeMiller1337, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Darned green check marks adjacent to new saved documents

Documents and pictures... green check mark?

OneDrive will create these folder by default when signing in to OneDrive.

Any folder & files under the OneDrive folder will be synced to the MS Cloud (OneDrive) so you can access these files and folders from whenever you are when you sign in to the following website.

Think of it this way,

The files and folders that are saved in OneDrive are saved in 2 places, there is a copy saved on your local PC and another copy saved online.

Now the benefit to this is if your PC was to take a turn for the worse and your files are unrecoverable, you have a backup of them on the Microsoft OneDrive that you can access here --> Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

The other benefit is that if you were to travel, for example, and you need to access these files, you can sign in from another PC or smartphone and download your files that you need.

Another benefit is that if you work from multiple devices you can keep your documents saved in OneDrive so whichever device you make any changes to these files, they will always be up-to-date with your other devices.

Now, back to your issue. The Documents and more folders that you are seeing with the green check mark are not your original documents folders that you are familiar with.

Try opening up 'This PC' and on the left you may be presented with a list of places. If you look for 'This PC' on the left hand side, under that you should see a list with Desktop, Documents, Downloads etc. If you click on documents there for example you
    should be able to find your original files and folders.

Let me know if you have anymore questions or if this isn't what you were looking for.

Thank you.

Smithtopher, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Darned green check marks adjacent to new saved documents

1. Darned green check marks adjacent to new saved documents - Similar Threads - Darned green check

2. Green check marks still show but one drive is disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Green check marks still show but one drive is disabled: So I noticed this morning on my desktop icons that there was a little grey x on them then I came back and they were a green check mark. I can’t figure out what’s causing it because I removed and disabled one drive and I do not have google drive installed....
  3. green check marks on my photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    green check marks on my photos: How do I remove the ugly green check marks that OneDrive put on my photos?I do not wish to use OneDrive. I doln't even know how it happened or why.I didn't see an appropriate subtopic for this question.Thank youPaula...
  4. How to get rid of Green check marks?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Green check marks?: What's with the green check marks? Everything in my Pictures folder and subfolders have green check marks in the lower left corner. How do I get rid of them? [img] 176296
  5. How can I get rid of the green check marks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get rid of the green check marks?: What's with the green check marks? Everything in my Pictures folder and subfolders have green check marks in the lower left corner. I also found a green check on the icon of a .txt file on my desk top. How do I get rid of them? [ATTACH]...
  6. Green Check Marks on Icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green Check Marks on Icons?: Microsoft advised to run cfs from dos. Did nothing. wish I would have looked here first. I didn't ask for backup. Did it on its own. Microsoft ownes our asses. Maybe switch to Apple?...
  7. Windows Security green check marks are missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security green check marks are missing: I opened Windows Security today, and to my surprise, the green check marks are missing along with the icons for virus and threat protection and family options. It works fine, but the missing check marks are a bit bothering.[ATTACH]...
  8. Green check marks over desktop applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Green check marks over desktop applications: There are little green check marks over most of my desktop applications. The folders, trash, control panel, and this PC applications don’t have the checkmarks. submitted by /u/Kingofcats011 [link] [comments]...
  9. What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?: This started a couple of days ago. Never had check marks in front of the drives before: [img] I Just checked my laptop which also has Win Pro, with all the same updates, it doesn't have the green check marks ? 150901
  10. There is no green check mark on the Device Performance & Health tile in the defender.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There is no green check mark on the Device Performance & Health tile in the defender.: There is no green check mark on the Device Performance & Health tile in the defender. Can anyone provide me some solutions for this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/there-is-no-green-check-mark-on-the-device/041308bb-39b9-486e-9161-130c69c0a663