Windows 10: Dash Cam USB Puzzle

Discus and support Dash Cam USB Puzzle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Vantrue X4 Dashcam that can download video files (mp4) through a USB Cable. This work fine on three of my PCs (2 desktops and a laptop, all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SoFine409, Oct 20, 2019.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Dash Cam USB Puzzle

I have a Vantrue X4 Dashcam that can download video files (mp4) through a USB Cable. This work fine on three of my PCs (2 desktops and a laptop, all Dell) but on the fourth desktop it shows up as a USB Mass Storage device, as it should, but disappears in a few seconds. A few seconds later it appears again only to go through the same cycle again. This message is displayed:

Dash Cam USB Puzzle [​IMG]

If I restart the PC in safe mode the camera is shown as a USB Mass Storage device and I can copy the files. If I restart the PC in normal mode to continues to function fine. But then if I restart it again in normal mode the problem reappears.
    So, I looked in device manager and saw that there are not problems and I've checked that all of the USB entries have the latest drivers. There are a lot of hidden USB devices but as far as I can tell this is normal for this machine:

I looked under devices and printers and I see this for the Dashcam:

When I look under events tab under Information I see that this device needs further installation. I have no clue what the implies.
    Can anyone give me an advice for trouble shooting this and finding a fix? Could it be that some of the hidden USB devices are creating a conflict? Although it's not critical since I can access the files through one of my other PCs or I can always just eject the microSD card, I'd like to find out what's up with this.

:)

SoFine409, Oct 20, 2019

2. Dash cam

Running an "Anytech " dash cam, which is a bit hit and miss--- .From some perfect video clips to some can't play or wont play clips --.With no obvious reason. All on windows Media. ?

harrysmith6, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Unable to play dash cam videos

Just recently I installed an updated version of my Mio Mivue 388 dash cam software onto my PC which has Windows 10 Pro installed, when I tried to open the manager to view the dash cam videos I got the message unable to open manager to view files as no
    MOV and AVI codecs installed.

AnthonyGamble, Oct 20, 2019
  4. OllyEddy Win User

Dash Cam USB Puzzle

dash cam

I have purchased a dash cam that takes a micro sd card but every time I go to up load some of the videos just wont play for some reason I have tried different card and different formats I have tired copying them to the computer first but nothing seems
    to work I am stuck anybody able to help please

OllyEddy, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Dash Cam USB Puzzle

1. Dash Cam USB Puzzle - Similar Threads - Dash Cam USB

2. Cam and Cam 2 cam

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cam and Cam 2 cam: I am having trouble with my usb cam and laptop cam. I can see people but they cannot see me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cam-and-cam-2-cam/99a5b7f8-19ee-4132-ab64-eae63656059e
  3. Automounting USB devices puzzle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automounting USB devices puzzle: I have an experience about the auto mounting of USB devices which has been going on for a long time, but continues to puzzle me. A Debian desktop is running using an /etc/fstab file in which the mount options for a couple of USB devices are defined. Both devices use the...
  4. web cam and usb ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    web cam and usb ports: why is it that with so many people having problems with their web cams and usb ports , microsoft will not come up with a permanent fix since the problems all started after the win 10 anniversary update .It has become very annoying and I wish I never upgraded to the new...
  5. Installation of a Web Cam with Mic USB

Installation of a Web Cam with Mic USB: Hello, I am experiencing difficulties installing a webcam I purchased from Ama$*. I managed to get the camera to work somewhat. Zoom: Camera works no mic Google Meets: No Camera or Mic From the Windows Camera App, I can open the camera and was able to record myself...
  6. i have dash cam footage i want to burn to cd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have dash cam footage i want to burn to cd: How do i burn dash cam footage to cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-dash-cam-footage-i-want-to-burn-to-cd/9c12f9a8-4a4a-4c62-8247-5c5354a0b122"
  7. Dash Cam USB Puzzle

Dash Cam USB Puzzle: I have a Vantrue X4 Dashcam that can download video files (mp4) through a USB Cable. This work fine on three of my PCs (2 desktops and a laptop, all Dell) but on the fourth desktop it shows up as a USB Mass Storage device, as it should, but disappears in a few seconds. A few...
  8. How to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype?

How to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype?: how to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype? * Moved from Education * Original title: cam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-my-build-in-cam-and-use-my-usb-cam/3ad5f746-ffdd-491e-85f7-71c4af0472a1
  9. Lumia 650 not connecting dash cam WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lumia 650 not connecting dash cam WiFi: hi, my Lumia 650 keeps saying "can't connect to this network" when I try to connect the dash cam WiFi. The cam is Blackvue 590w 2ch. Can anyone help me? Thanks...
  10. Cam on!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cam on!: Tôi xin cảm ơn, mọi thứ như hiệện nay với tôi là ãã đầy đủ rồiCảm ơn nhiều nhiều nhé ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cam-on/57247929-e1d8-418e-beff-b7c85b029e1c