Windows 10: *.dat file is opening in Notepad

Discus and support *.dat file is opening in Notepad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidently select the notepad for always use this program to open this type of file, but I want it to change to always ask which app to open it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MuaazRamay, Nov 17, 2019.

1. *.dat file is opening in Notepad

I accidently select the notepad for always use this program to open this type of file, but I want it to change to always ask which app to open it. Please help how to change it to default.

:)

MuaazRamay, Nov 17, 2019
  2. digibucc Win User

need some help opening a .dat file.....

i think he meant her as in her's , and Pampered Chef is a salesman program

does Pampered Chef have it's own software, what do the dat files normally open in?

.dat files are rarely directly opened, they are more often opened by the software that uses it.

digibucc, Nov 17, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    need some help opening a .dat file.....

I don't know if will help, but I noticed in a thread someone (@chefsuccess.com) mentioned, that, you need to use the restore to import the file.

I don't use the software, so, I have no idea on the steps/procedure.

Goodluck*Smile *.dat file is opening in Notepad :)

EDIT:

Dam* those how-to web sites have everything.

Hope this helps: How to Switch Pampered Chef Files From One Computer to Another

95Viper, Nov 17, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

*.dat file is opening in Notepad

How to open a Dat file?

Hi Peyton,

It depends, a dat file is just a generic data file format. It can contain human readable content, it may just contain Bytecode .. .

Right click that file and choose Open With - Notepad

If it is human readable, that will allow you to read its content!

DaveM121, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

*.dat file is opening in Notepad

1. *.dat file is opening in Notepad - Similar Threads - dat file opening

2. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  3. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  4. .dat file are appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dat file are appeared: hello Suddenly some files are appeared on my desktop which are of .dat extention .files names are : backup.dat and settings.dat so i want to know that this kinda file can harm the laptop or not ?thank you...
  5. .dat files now open only with notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .dat files now open only with notepad: Hey! Actually, .dat now opens up with only and only notepad. I don't know, how to change that to the no software as default. Please, help me with that....
  6. Remove "Always use this application to open .DAT files"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove "Always use this application to open .DAT files": Hello, I want to uncheck the option "Always use this application to open .DAT files" when I do "open with" on windows 10 I found how to remove this option permanently but not how to simply uncheck it [img] Thanks 166280
  7. Accidently opened a .dat file with internet explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidently opened a .dat file with internet explorer: As the title says, I accidently opened a DATA file with internet explorer and thanks to that I can't open a game in AOE2:DE. I've tried the method of going to RUN, then to REGEDIT and deleting the file choice but it didn't work. It's driving me crazy that such a small error...
  8. Files opening with Notepad

Files opening with Notepad: i have a issue where all my .rpf files are opening with notepad. how would i get them back to normal? the icon was a white piece of paper before if its any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-opening-with-notepad/97a85f6f-c2f4-43a6-9c92-1e4e69ddaf28
  9. Associate .dat files to NotePad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Associate .dat files to NotePad: I am trying to associate a .dat created by one of my software packages with Notepad so that the file that is created can be saved to my computer. When I go to the Associate App page in Settings and click on .dat it gives me a message that no app is downloaded to use for .dat...
  10. Delete a DAT file

Delete a DAT file: Hello, My program SuperAntiSpyware detected a malware file named "UsrClass.dat", because this is a Data file when I try to delete it an error message appears "this action can't be taken because the file is open in the system". How can I delete this file? Thanks,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .DAT FILE ALWAYS OPENING AS NOTEPAD