Windows 10: .dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10

Discus and support .dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know nothing about .dat files and am not very technically competent. the email is from a very trusted business source... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andrew_S_Hatton, Aug 8, 2019.

1. .dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10

I know nothing about .dat files and am not very technically competent.

the email is from a very trusted business source

:)

Andrew_S_Hatton, Aug 8, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2019
  4. digibucc Win User

.dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10

need some help opening a .dat file.....

i think he meant her as in her's , and Pampered Chef is a salesman program

does Pampered Chef have it's own software, what do the dat files normally open in?

.dat files are rarely directly opened, they are more often opened by the software that uses it.

digibucc, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

.dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10

1. .dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - dat file received

2. Email Attachments not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Attachments not opening: Weird issue I can't wrap my head around.Updated a computer at my work, however on the new pc, the mail app doesn't want to open some PDF files but will open others.On the previous computer, we can still open up all PDF files no issue.I honestly don't have any idea how to sort...
  3. Received email attachments are disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Received email attachments are disappearing: When I receive an email through the mail application on my windows surface GO,, the attachments disappear when I respond to the email. How do I solved. I googled it and could not figure out how to do it through the outlook.com method. Please let me know how I can fix this....
  4. opening email attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening email attachments: When I want to open an email attachment, the system forces me to save it to a file first before opening it. I used to be able to open it first and then if I want to save it. What setting do I need to change to be able to open it without having to save it?...
  5. pdf attachment on an email in outlook changes to .dat format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pdf attachment on an email in outlook changes to .dat format: I use Outlook on my Windows 10 laptop. In the past week, I have had 3 situations in which an email downloaded with a pdf attachment. After it downloaded and I had opened the attachment, the attachment format changed to .dat & now the attachments are useless. I have gotten...
  6. Can't open emailed attached files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open emailed attached files: This problem occurred a week ago. Have been running same software for years without a problem. I am not able to open any file attached to an email. Email client is Windows Live Mail. Using latest version of Windows 10. I believe opening files is a Windows function. I can open...
  7. Cannot open email attached file

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open email attached file: About a week ago, I was unable to open an emailed attached file. Doesn't matter the format; e.g. pdf, mp4, xls, etc. doesn't matter. I can save the file and then opened the saved file without problem. I have researched this problem and tried every suggestion I could find...
  8. Attachments not opening in windows 10 email

Attachments not opening in windows 10 email: When I get an email with an attachment eg a PDF document I want to print, it wont open. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attachments-not-opening-in-windows-10-email/df00a45c-495e-422d-9b13-ee5f2448bdf9
  9. *.dat file is opening in Notepad

*.dat file is opening in Notepad: I accidently select the notepad for always use this program to open this type of file, but I want it to change to always ask which app to open it. Please help how to change it to default....
  10. open a graphic file attached to an email received by Thunderbird 52.4

in Browsers and Email
    open a graphic file attached to an email received by Thunderbird 52.4: Hi, on a newly setup Windows 10 pro x64 v1709 I've set XnView as standard app for all graphic files supported by that program. That works absolutely fine when doupleclicking such a file in Windows explorer. But: when I receive an email with attached graphic file(s) and I...