Windows 10: .dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10

Discus and support .dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know nothing about .dat files and am not very technically competent. the email is from a very trusted business source... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andrew_S_Hatton, Aug 8, 2019.

1. .dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10

I know nothing about .dat files and am not very technically competent.

the email is from a very trusted business source

:)

Andrew_S_Hatton, Aug 8, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2019
  4. digibucc Win User

.dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10

need some help opening a .dat file.....

i think he meant her as in her's , and Pampered Chef is a salesman program

does Pampered Chef have it's own software, what do the dat files normally open in?

.dat files are rarely directly opened, they are more often opened by the software that uses it.

digibucc, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

.dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10

1. .dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - dat file received

2. UNINS000.dat file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNINS000.dat file in Windows 10: How do I restore UNINS000.dat file in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unins000dat-file-in-windows-10/2b51c8b3-39d4-42d5-906a-481bd9fa0fb4"
  3. Can't open attached documents to Emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open attached documents to Emails: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows Vista just recently and can no longer open pdf documents attached to emails (AOL). I understand that the problem might be caused by my outlook profile but can't find how to resolve? Regards Robert Barrow...
  4. How do I open WebCacheV01.dat?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I open WebCacheV01.dat?: Hi Microsoft, I need help in viewing this computer's history. My son deleted his history after SOMETHING, so I need to recover it. I tried opening WebCacheV01.dat, but it's being used by Host Process for Windows Tasks. Is there any way to open this file, like force opening?...
  5. Email Attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Attachments: I am using the mail application on my Surface Pro 4 with multiple email accounts. I have reset the program, uninstalled my accounts and reinstalled and tried to change the security. For a short time the application will work appropriately and attachments will show in...
  6. My email video attachment will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    My email video attachment will not open: When I receive an email with a video attached it will not open unless I download it first. It used to open immediately when I clicked on it. I am using Windows 10 and my email is with Gmail. This started about 2 months ago. Has anyone else experienced this and can they advise...
  7. email no attachments- windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email no attachments- windows 10: emails have no attachment, have on old pc but not this new 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/email-no-attachments-windows-10/9f0e17cb-5266-4baf-a379-0c902253afaa
  8. New window to Attach a file to email

in Browsers and Email
    New window to Attach a file to email: After I open the new window to attach a file, then click the 'date', it can't sort the file at all. If the fold has a lot of files, I couldn't find the newest one. This is very inconvenient. But in windows 10 explore, it works. How to fix this? [img] 75124
  9. attaching files to email

in Browsers and Email
    attaching files to email: I have lost the ability to right click on a photo and choose to send it to an email address. The process starts correctly but Outlook doesn't open a new email as it used to. I could do this previously, went on holiday, came back and could no longer do it. so I don't see that...
  10. open a graphic file attached to an email received by Thunderbird 52.4

in Browsers and Email
    open a graphic file attached to an email received by Thunderbird 52.4: Hi, on a newly setup Windows 10 pro x64 v1709 I've set XnView as standard app for all graphic files supported by that program. That works absolutely fine when doupleclicking such a file in Windows explorer. But: when I receive an email with attached graphic file(s) and I...