Windows 10: .dat files are modified by WordPerfect and Windows Spotlight is not working.

Discus and support .dat files are modified by WordPerfect and Windows Spotlight is not working. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know how I can prevent WordPerfect from attaching itself to .dat files when I install the program? Every time it modifies .dat files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thomas Lawson 53, Feb 13, 2019.

1. .dat files are modified by WordPerfect and Windows Spotlight is not working.

Does anyone know how I can prevent WordPerfect from attaching itself to .dat files when I install the program? Every time it modifies .dat files windows 10 doesn't recognize then data file then anything that relies on the data file stops working ie Windows Spotlight.

***title modified by: Windows 10 .dat files are being modified by WordPerfect when I install the program.***

:)

Thomas Lawson 53, Feb 13, 2019

2. Unable to open wordperfect files

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall WordPerfect x7and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    WordPerfect x7:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for WordPerfect x7and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Unable to open wordperfect files

This advice is Okay for WordPerfect x7, but I currently use WordPerfect12 and would just like to verify whether these directions would ALSO APPLY. What does uninstalling do to hundreds of WordPerfect files that I have accumulated during a lifelong use of
    WordPerfect starting in a Commodore PC 10 computer.

I am 75 yrs old with a long use of computers, but a very limited knowledge of computer theory and without help the obstructions that Windows 10 have placed on my continued use may be too much to accept.

Alpha Numero Etc, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

.dat files are modified by WordPerfect and Windows Spotlight is not working.

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

.dat files are modified by WordPerfect and Windows Spotlight is not working.

1. .dat files are modified by WordPerfect and Windows Spotlight is not working. - Similar Threads - dat files are

2. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  3. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  4. .dat file are appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dat file are appeared: hello Suddenly some files are appeared on my desktop which are of .dat extention .files names are : backup.dat and settings.dat so i want to know that this kinda file can harm the laptop or not ?thank you...
  5. .dat file are appeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .dat file are appeared: hello Suddenly some files are appeared on my desktop which are of .dat extention .files names are : backup.dat and settings.dat so i want to know that this kinda file can harm the laptop or not ?thank you...
  6. No preview for WordPerfect docs in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    No preview for WordPerfect docs in File Explorer: Since purchasing new computer (Intel NUC 10) and installing WordPerfect X7 (17.0.0.366), I can no longer view .wpd documents in the preview pane of File Explorer. I have checked all the appropriate settings in Word Perfect that allow .wpd docs to be viewed in Windows...
  7. Delete a DAT file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete a DAT file: Hello, My program SuperAntiSpyware detected a malware file named "UsrClass.dat", because this is a Data file when I try to delete it an error message appears "this action can't be taken because the file is open in the system". How can I delete this file? Thanks,...
  8. WordPerfect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WordPerfect: What versions of WordPerfect does Windows 10 support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordperfect/0358fed0-ae2a-4453-930e-a7b4ec5babdb
  9. UNINS000.dat file in Windows 10

UNINS000.dat file in Windows 10: How do I restore UNINS000.dat file in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unins000dat-file-in-windows-10/2b51c8b3-39d4-42d5-906a-481bd9fa0fb4"
  10. Windows 10 .dat files are being modified by WordPerfect when I install the program.

Windows 10 .dat files are being modified by WordPerfect when I install the program.: Does anyone know how I can prevent WordPerfect from attaching itself to .dat files when I install the program? Every time it modifies .dat files windows 10 doesn't recognize then data file then anything that relies on the data file stops working ie Windows Spotlight....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows who modified file

2. How do I keep WordPerfect from changing my .dat file to WordPerfect association when it installs?