Windows 10: Data area too small. JPGs won't open

Discus and support Data area too small. JPGs won't open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This message pops up when I'm trying to open JPG's. Why is it being generated and what can I do to correct it? [img] 121141 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kupuna, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Kupuna Win User

Data area too small. JPGs won't open

This message pops up when I'm trying to open JPG's. Why is it being generated and what can I do to correct it?

Data area too small. JPGs won't open [​IMG]

:)

Kupuna, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Rich147 Win User

The data area passed to a system call is too small

Hi

I've recently installed windows 10. Whenever I try to open a jpeg file I get the following message:

"The data area passed to a system call is too small".

Any ideas please?

Rich147, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Ralph San Win User
    The data area passed to a system call is too small

Hi Steve,

"The data area passed to a system call is too small" error message can be caused by certain system configuration parameters. To give you a heads up, problems involving SQL servers has it's own dedicated forum. However, you may try to follow the instructions
    provided on the support article below on how to resolve this problem:

FIX: "The data area passed to a system call is too small" error
    when you start a Desktop Bridge application on a SQL Server 2014, 2016, and 2017

If the issue persist after performing the steps on the above link, it'll be best if you redirect this query to the
    Windows Technet forums - IT Pro for Windows 10, as the audience in that forum is
    more geared towards the ins and outs of SQL servers related problems. Hence, they will be better to provide more answers to your query.

Best regards.

Ralph San, Nov 6, 2018
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Data area too small. JPGs won't open - Similar Threads - Data area too

2. "Data area ...too small message.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Data area ...too small message.: This message pops up when I'm trying to open JPG's. Why is it being generated and what can I do to correct it?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-area-too-small-message/82efc510-1fcf-4cd9-9a22-c5418ecbf361"
  3. Task Manager won't open, error message "The data area passed to a system call too small

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager won't open, error message "The data area passed to a system call too small: I recently experienced some issues with one of my hard drives on my computer (not the drive on which Windows is installed) and had to replace it. I had ProcessExplorer linked as the Ctrl+Alt+Del Task Manager but it was on that drive so of course when I tried to launch Task...
  4. The data area passed to a system call is too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The data area passed to a system call is too small: When I try and run an App installed from the Windows store I get this error. There is no option other than OK. Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit. Dell Precision i5-7440HQ, 32Gb RAM. Apps that fail with this error: Video Editor (VideoProjectsLauncher.exe) iTunes (iTunes.exe)...
  5. JPGs won't open and default won't give me all options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JPGs won't open and default won't give me all options: I am trying to open pictures from a sim card. They are in a JPG format. The default for pictures is a Window program, but instead of opening, it says that file format is not supported. I have adobe reader downloaded and wanted to try changing the default to that to see if...
  6. Display either too blurry or too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display either too blurry or too small: Hello, I just upgraded to windows 10 and it changed my display settings. I am currently using resolution of 1920X1080, and when I switched over, it made a lot of my stuff blurry. For example, my skype screen, steam screen, as well as a bunch of other screens became really...
  7. Edge Font Too Small

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Font Too Small: This may be just a problem for older folks like me but sometimes I think Microsoft shoots itself in the foot or they are just plain arrogant. It seems that they keep touting Edge as the browser of choice but then they make the font too small to read and there is no way to...
  8. Applications opening too small

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Applications opening too small: Certain applications, including (but not limited to) Photoshop open far too small making them unusable. Note that it is only the application opening too small, the other items on the desktop seem fine. Resolution is set to 3200 x 1800 and I've experimented with different...
  9. Disk too small?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk too small?: So I have a Sony VAIO laptop. It came with Windows 7 and I was able to successfully upgrade to Windows 10. I wanted to then upgrade the HD from a 5400 drive to an SSD. Old one was 580 or so GB, new one is 480 GB. First step I tried was to clone the original drive using...
  10. Some windows open and are too small to read

in Windows 10 Support
    Some windows open and are too small to read: I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 series 7000 which can with Windows 10. I am still learning my way around 10 and I'm no computer wiz. Some windows which open are very tiny. I am not referring to the size of the icons and text as it appears in some windows. Most windows are fine...