Windows 10: Data Backup Issues

Discus and support Data Backup Issues in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I know ASRock has a great support team. When I was in the market for a motherboard, I registered to ASRock community and wow, I see some tech support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by griffinballs, May 18, 2016.

1. Data Backup Issues

Nice. In that case in gonna be sure to try this out on an Asrock board. And if they come up trumps. It might be an idea for me to send this info and Asus email to their r+D dept. I'm sure they'd love some info like that *Wink

griffinballs, May 19, 2016

2. I don't understand why would you reimage between 10 to 20 machines a week when you can use incremental backup, I am a bit lost

gijoetech1, May 19, 2016
  3. I'm intrigued as to how you think incremental backup can help my situation? Please elaborate

4. Data Backup Issues

well for someone like you claim that you do 10 to 20 reimaging's of hdd leaves me to think there is something wrong because the technology has moved forward quite a bit then you can have all your work on your job backed up every single day with incremental without ever touching it so leaves me with a puzzle to think when you do these image are you doing things correctly that's what it has to do with it no disrespect and how do you slave a 2.5 inch hdd from your machine as you stated???? i have not seen a ide 2.5 for a long time and if it is ide that is your problem they are too old

gijoetech1, May 19, 2016
  5. OK, not sure if you really understand my job.
    But the idea is, I'm a desktop engineer, in my company, peoples laptops and desktops break daily, hdd dying etc... general corruption through failed updates etc... Motherboards failing, you name it.
    If a hdd dies, I back up the data, get a new hdd and image it with our corporate image. Copy data back to new hdd, give machine back to user. How would an incremental backup help this situation?
    File system gets corrupt for some reason or other. Again, retrieve data with drive slaved into another machine. If hdd passes all the necessary tests and observation, reimage drive and copy back the data.

I work for a huge multi national company, I can't make them alter any processes they have in place, I'm simply a support technician amongst many across the world. They do not use any form of incremental backup. I'm also intrigued to know again, how would this help in such a big environment with thousands of users, where is this permanent backup being stored? Do you understand the cost implications of a huge company suddenly having a backup of every users machine? What about the network traffic this would also generate? I think you have misunderstood my situation.

As far as how to slave a drive, simply plug it into a spare sata port. You have mentioned an ide drive when I have not, if so, I guess you are referring to because I said slave I must mean ide. I do not, it is a standard term amongst computing professionals for the process of putting a drive that came out of another machine, into a different machine that has an os on its own hdd to extract the data or perform some form of testing/maintenance.

6. Well I'm sorry I am a professional also and I take care of approximately 25 companies across Canada for one thing as you mentioned and again that you are Drive's are sata drive so the terms for slave used to be used when you moved the jumper on an IDE drive to a selected position like slave primary or secondary so when you use the term slave you automatically talking on our drive with a jumper. SATA drives don't come with jumpers so the term slave is incorrect in our world, beside that all the companies that I assist all of them had a main server to backup their data. as per each individual like you mentioned for a company that large to steal have a method like you said after a hard drive dies you do a backup how do you do a backup of a hdd Drive if anything improper wording it would be.the recovery
    anyways I'm not trying to give you a hard time but you shouldn't go pinpointing in a room such as this there mostly are professionals

gijoetech1, May 19, 2016
  7. And by the way I was trying to figure out if it was one of your mistakes or the computer hardware or software I didn't think you will get upset I was trying to help you because we all make mistakes I do and I am not ashamed to say it. Many times I make mistakes

gijoetech1, May 19, 2016
  8. Data Backup Issues

You may take care of 25 companies, but what size are we talking? I work for a plane manufacturer, of which there are only two main ones in the entire world, one of them american, the other european, the one I work for is not american. It has thousands of employees, most of which have a laptop which whilst they are told constantly, do not store your data on it, back up regularly, use the servers, they do not listen and it is most certainly not my job to police this.

Data sets on a site that make aeroplanes can be absolutely huge, we have plenty of network storage space, but still nowhere near enough to serve every single user. And the bandwidth to be developing huge 3d models across the entire world with no slowdowns would be unachievable.

Please stop calling me wrong for saying to slave a drive is not correct. It is a standard term used across the world by many people who work with PC's or just general users, it is a known standard term. What do you call that process? Because its a lot quicker to say "slave a drive" than say, "put this drive into another machine". Simple English short hand.
    Obviously you have not heard this term used in this context before. I'm sure there are probably many other words, processes, terms and acronyms you and I have never heard, that doesn't make them incorrect.

Sata drives actually do come with somewhere for jumpers that can perform some maintenance tasks that will not generally be used by anyone bar data recovery professionals.

As for your last point, actually, it appears that yes, you are trying to give me a hard time. I haven't attacked anyone, a few suggestions were made and I pointed out logical answers to them, I wasn't trying to offend, simply point out, this isn't the correct suggestion whilst all feedback and suggestions are appreciated that doesn't mean I have to pretend the wrong ones are correct. I know this as I had already tested the answers before. I resolved the issue and it was as I suggested, not due to these things that I logically ruled out. I was just trying to get to the root of my problem and I knew the suggested things were not the right answer. Sorry if this looked like I was being aggressive or insulting, it was never directed that way.

griffinballs, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Data Backup Issues

1. Data Backup Issues - Similar Threads - Data Backup Issues

2. backup network and data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    backup network and data: we created network in uefi windows and get defi for network but after 4 5 days all of data changed and network is going.how we can back data and conifirm our network after all of data is gone?...
  3. deleted data backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleted data backup: any software of deleted data recovery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-data-backup/0b3af99d-cbfa-4eb1-838d-a81807b42250
  4. Restore backup data

Restore backup data: My computer was attacked by Malware. I took a backup of the data and reset my PC the OS. I ran a scan of my external hard drive which contains my backup and some threats were detected and removed. Now I'm trying to restore the data through Control Panel> System and Security >...
  5. Backup data folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup data folders: Hello, I'm looking for a software that backup data folders: - The master folder (A) should be untouched - The destination folder (B) should be the perfect copy of (A) - Case sensitive - A file with the same size and date but with different metadata should be updated on the...
  6. my email and data backup

my email and data backup: I lost my laptop and I want to know if my Email , by which my free copy of windows 10 was being managed , has a backed up copy of my data or not? please, I want a quick answer because I am crying for my lost Data... Thanks in advance...
  7. backup data

backup data: i reset my leptop(windows 10) , then all drives data is wipe out now how to bake that all data ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-data/4e9ee438-ef2d-442b-b3f7-f48c2f87ec33
  8. Backup Issue

Backup Issue: My computer backup doesn't run completely. I get the following message: "One of the critical volumes cannot be included for backup N.T.F.S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-issue/1b5c6e2d-fc90-4c00-b471-2b229dfb75b2
  9. checking the backup data

checking the backup data: hi! I just want to check if the data that i have made backup of on my external hard drive , has been made correctly. how do i check it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-the-backup-data/4e247465-1a71-42a0-866e-d19f34af6e1c
  10. Win7 Backup Data Management

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win7 Backup Data Management: I continue to use the Win 7 User Data Backups even after I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I do not use the File History Backups offered with Win 10. My question regards the datasets saved by the Win7 Backup procedure. I notice my backups include multiple dated Backup Sets...