Windows 10: Data consumed for update for no increase

Discus and support Data consumed for update for no increase in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop has consumed over 2 GB data. When I checked app wise consumption, this consumption came under the "system" section. My Feature update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VanshAmbashta, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Data consumed for update for no increase

My laptop has consumed over 2 GB data. When I checked app wise consumption, this consumption came under the "system" section. My Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 update has been pending and the status has been "Getting things ready - 0%" for over 2 days now. My laptop keeps consuming more and more data and no increase in percentage of update is shown. Please help.

:)

VanshAmbashta, Apr 18, 2020

2. Metred connection, still consuming a lot of data

Hi All,

My laptop is a new DELL laptop, preinstalled with Windows10. Every time I connect my laptop to my mobile internet connection through the mobile hotspot, the laptop is consuming a lot of internet data. I set the connection as metered, still it is consuming
    a lot of data. This needs to be stopped at the earliest.

Below are the actions taken so far as per my own understanding:

• Connection is already set as metered.
    • I have stopped the Windows Update service, before I start my data connection. Instead, I am manually checking and installing updates.
    Can someone please advise ASAP?

RatnakharMeka, Apr 18, 2020
  3. My Windows 10 O.S consumes much data

Hello,

If you're using Windows 10 build 1709, there's an available option to check the data usage. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Select Network & Internet.
    • On the left panel, click Data usage > Hit View usage details.

Keep us updated with the result.

Regile Reb, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Data consumed for update for no increase

Internet data usage

Hi Weon,

It is possible that some of your apps are causing this issue. Some apps are automatically set to do automatic updates. Just to be sure, we recommend that you check the
    Task Manager for apps that might be consuming your data when you are using your computer. To do so, kindly do the following steps:

• Type task manager on the search bar.
    • Click on Task Manager.
    • Click on App history.

Check each app's network activity and network usage for tile updates. If there are apps that are consuming your data even though you're not using them, kindly check and change their update settings. Also, what are the steps that you took to disable the Windows
    Update?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Data consumed for update for no increase

1. Data consumed for update for no increase - Similar Threads - Data consumed update

2. pc consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc consuming too much data: im not even using anything on my pc still its consuming so much data and even i have set my wifi as metered connection turned off sync live title off background apps off and everything else but its still consuming so much net...
  3. System consumes data on windows10 home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System consumes data on windows10 home: System consumes high amount of data in windows 10 home version even after disabling windows automatic update feature tried limiting data plan that too doesn't avoiding spike of data. Pls help!...
  4. High Data Consume

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Data Consume: Window High Data Consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-data-consume/a5b557a9-495e-4be7-a7fa-0106a1d841dc
  5. System consume more data

System consume more data: Every time I check the built in data usage information under PC settings, I find 3-4 gbs of data usage for "system". I'm running windows 10 home edition, connected by mobile hotspot and have disabled all background apps and data collection. I have also disabled the window...
  6. delivery optimization is consuming data

in Windows 10 Customization
    delivery optimization is consuming data: Today i became tired of svchost.exe which was using too much data since last update. found in service that it was actually delivery optimization DoSvc, so i did the following: disabled delivery optimization in windows setting. didn't work disabled " allow downloads from...
  7. Windows update consuming data

Windows update consuming data: made the connection metered , turned updates off over metered connection and through gpedit.msc , i have configured auto update to 2- notify for download and auto install . Still the windows updates are downloading in the background .what do I do now ?...
  8. Consuming too much data

Consuming too much data: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data and when i checked the data usage i found thatsetuphost.exe is the one which is consuming the entire data. It nearly consumed 100mb in less than 1minute.since i have daily data limit please help me to control my data usage....
  9. Windows Update delivery optimization process consumes data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update delivery optimization process consumes data: Windows Update delivery optimization process consumes data. What would I have to do to stop upload to other PCs.[ATTACH] Or if the above should be enough, what can I do about it?...
  10. ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data

ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data: Hello, I have found threads about iclouphoto.exe consuming a lot of data because it is syncing to a server (in my case 120GB in a day)but I haven't found a permanent solution to the problem. Can anyone help? Thanks...