Windows 10: Data copied from GPT doesn't show when plugged into another computer

Discus and support Data copied from GPT doesn't show when plugged into another computer in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've been backing up data from drives via Sata to a backup server then restoring to another drive for years without any problems, now since GPT every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by PJay, Mar 21, 2017.

1. PJay Win User

Data copied from GPT doesn't show when plugged into another computer

I've been backing up data from drives via Sata to a backup server then restoring to another drive for years without any problems, now since GPT every time I restore the copied data to the drive via Sata and then put the drive back in a newly set up computer the data copied doesn't show. When coping via the network there isn't any problem but this is impractical when coping hundreds of gigabytes of data (slows the network down and takes forever). It has managed to do it couple of times on a couple of other jobs but I cant remember how that scenario was, I just do the same procedure. I figure it may have something to do with permissions but I've tried sharing the folder, creating a folder through the network first then dragging from back up server to drive but when I put the drive back it still doesn't read the data, and sometimes the devices and drives shows the extra space but doesn't show the files or folders.

I've searched many times to fix this problem but there aren't any forums for this particular issue only protected issues which I don't think is the same which really surprises me because there must be other people that have the same frustrating problem. Does anyone know how to overcome this....?

Many thanks

:)

2. AliceAnd Win User

Lacie rugged recognized by one W10 laptop but not my new one - help!

Hi. I just backed up my old laptop that was upgraded to Windows 10 with my LaCie Rugged external drive. All was fine. Now, when I plug it into my new Yoga 910, it doesn't show up. I went into Computer Management and it says that drive isn't initialized.
    When I try to initialize, it says "The specified disk is not convertible because the size is less than the minimum size required for GPT disks." What now?

AliceAnd, Mar 21, 2017
  3. I closed my Windows 10 Laptop while it was updating!! HELP!

My recommendation is to move a hard drive from you PC and plug it to another to copy your data.

It may be a hardware problem with RAM or HDD.

Vitalii K., Mar 21, 2017
  4. PJay Win User

Scrap the help I've just done check disk and its repaired the problem, I'm pretty sure I've tried this before but it has worked just now

Thema:

1. Data copied from GPT doesn't show when plugged into another computer - Similar Threads - Data copied GPT

2. Data transfer from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data transfer from one computer to another: My husband and I have Lenovo laptops. I need to move his data to my laptop and my data to his laptop. Please help. Thank you Also, I think my computer was updated to windows 11 but when it was purchased, it had windows 10 on it....
  3. Data transfer from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data transfer from one computer to another: My husband and I have Lenovo laptops. I need to move his data to my laptop and my data to his laptop. Please help. Thank you Also, I think my computer was updated to windows 11 but when it was purchased, it had windows 10 on it....
  4. transfer data from 1 computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer data from 1 computer to another: I am currently trying to transfer data from one computer to another,,I copied items to a disc and put in new computer, but nothing happens,,,,,,what is going on,,, this use to be so easy...
  5. transfer data from 1 computer to another

transfer data from 1 computer to another: I am currently trying to transfer data from one computer to another,,I copied items to a disc and put in new computer, but nothing happens,,,,,,what is going on,,, this use to be so easy...
  6. Copying files from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying files from one computer to another.: I have several NTFS formatted portable HDDs that when new files are copied onto them from one machine and I attempt to read them on another machine the new files don't appear. I've tried to use chkdsk in command mode with the /f switch, but that will not run because I'm...
  7. computer doesn't recognize when the charger is plugged in

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer doesn't recognize when the charger is plugged in: My computer doesn't recognize when the charger is plugged in. Before, when the charger is plugged in, it shows. but now it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-doesnt-recognize-when-the-charger-is/0fff1525-e16e-4460-b959-57f07d12bbef
  8. Calendar - How can I copy data to another computer?

Calendar - How can I copy data to another computer?: I have been using Calendar app for quite some time and got it full of appointments for months ahead; only locally, not synced. Unfortunately, my computer got broken yesterday. We've been able to get the harddisk out of it and connect it to another computer. Now the question...
  9. Computer doesn't recognize when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer doesn't recognize when the charger is plugged in.: computer not showing that it's plugged in and charging ***Original title: computer doesn't recognise when plugged in*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-doesnt-recognize-when-the-charger-is/5a6d8793-a71a-462d-a093-148f06d0b3fe
  10. computer doesn't recognise when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer doesn't recognise when plugged in: computer not showing that it's plugged in and charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-doesnt-recognise-when-plugged-in/5a6d8793-a71a-462d-a093-148f06d0b3fe