Windows 10: Data copy to hdd and the data not visible

Discus and support Data copy to hdd and the data not visible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have one problem. I have windows 10 2 same computer. WIn 10 Prof. All update setup. When i copy a file to hdd on the first computer, and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gamer450, Mar 9, 2021.

1. gamer450 Win User

Data copy to hdd and the data not visible

Hello

I have one problem. I have windows 10 2 same computer. WIn 10 Prof. All update setup.

When i copy a file to hdd on the first computer, and i take the hdd to another PC, my copyed file not visible on the hdd.

When i take a data recovery software to the hdd, the data is visible on the program, i can recover it to my pc.

If i take back the hdd to the first pc, the data is probably not visible for this computer :S

The data is no hidden attribute.

How can i repair this problem, I swap hdd, reinstall windows but not working :/

THX for your advice.

Sorry my english is so bad :

Best regards Paul.

:)

gamer450, Mar 9, 2021
  2. jumepp Win User

WIN10 vs removing HDD and copying data

After WIN10 upgrade update fail, I've decided to backup data and make fresh install.

So I've removed laptop HDD, connected to my PC, copied data, put it back and booted from USB, installed fresh W10.

After installation and all first steps, it booted up, so I've installed some drivers, rebooted it and after everything went well, removed the HDD, connected

to my PC a copied backuped files back where they belong Users/<username>/Desktop etc. and created folder in the root called "data".

Put some other data in it so I don't have to copy it over network.

Removed it from my HDD and put it back in the laptop, booted up and

what an surprise!, after I've booted up the windows I expected to see files on desktop, in Documents etc but there was nothing in it.

Looked up in the root, there was nothing, it was the same like it was before the shutdown.

So I've put it back to my PC and there was really no data, everything was wiped like the first time I have connected it.

So once more I've copied it there, put in laptop and the situation is the same.

This is absurd !!!

Now I am copying it over network (which will be much longer).

Anyone has the same experience?

jumepp, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Copy data from HDD to HDD

I need to copy 1.5TB of data (audio/video) onto a new 4TB drive
    and wondered if anyone had recommendations. I need to keep the
    data on the source drive. Free is good.

I did read a post here that suggested Robocopy, but that seems
    a bit daunting for an old fogie like me. There must be something
    that's more user friendly.

BTW, I just want to <copy> Data ... not partitions or disks.

Thanks!

Sikorski5689, Mar 9, 2021
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Data Loss on RAID

I have PC at work with 2 160 GB hdd working in RAID 1. The customer brought the PC here complaining that the hdd is not visible in windows (meaning the raid). We found out that PCI slot in which the RAID card was inserted it is not working. I have moved the PCI card in to another PCI slot and the card was detected. The computer booted in windows and warned about broken raid and wanted to rebuild it. And I let it. After one hour of rebuilding the RAID partition was visible in windows. The problem is there are 2 months of missing data. I tried some software for data recovery but it is not recovering anything valuable. My guess is that the RAID was broken some time ago so when the raid was rebuild data was copied from older hdd to the newer. And because of RAID rebuild all data sector by sector was copied from hdd to hdd the missing data is rewritten with new data so data recovery software is useless.
    I have connected the raid drives one by one and run data recovery software and nothing comeup.
    I`m out of ideas what to do. If some one has an idea please write it.

Thema:

1. Data copy to hdd and the data not visible - Similar Threads - Data copy hdd

2. Data HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data HDD: Hi AllI am building a new PC Win 10 and have fitted an SSD boot drive. I will also install a data drive for my various applications etc.As a relative newby to this how do I install my apps onto the new pc? Using photoshop as an example the default installation with be...
  3. Data HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data HDD: Hi AllI am building a new PC Win 10 and have fitted an SSD boot drive. I will also install a data drive for my various applications etc.As a relative newby to this how do I install my apps onto the new pc? Using photoshop as an example the default installation with be...
  4. Data HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copy app data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy app data: Hi i recently got bsod on windows 10 machine and i want to copy my adobe creative cloud app data in program files Into my reinstalled windows can i do that i want my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-app-data/06d941e9-ce14-44aa-9ac0-8c3ef383b825
  6. Copy app data

Copy app data: Hi i recently got bsod on windows 10 machine and i want to copy my adobe creative cloud app data in program files Into my reinstalled windows can i do that i want my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-app-data/06d941e9-ce14-44aa-9ac0-8c3ef383b825
  7. Copy app data

8. Copy data from HDD to HDD

Copy data from HDD to HDD: I need to copy 1.5TB of data (audio/video) onto a new 4TB drive and wondered if anyone had recommendations. I need to keep the data on the source drive. Free is good. I did read a post here that suggested Robocopy, but that seems a bit daunting for an old fogie like me....
  9. VISIBILITY OF DATA USAGE OPTON

VISIBILITY OF DATA USAGE OPTON: [ATTACH]HERE IN THIS SCREENSHOT,THRE IS NETWORK AND INTERNET SETTINGS OF MY PC.HERE ICON FOR DATA USAGE IS NOT DISCOVERABLE/VISIBLE.PLEASE HELP ME IN LOCATINGDATA USAGE ICON...
  10. Copying a data only drive to a larger data drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying a data only drive to a larger data drive: I did the copy, but do I just change the drive letters in Disk Management? The data is fine, I just don't know where to go from here. IOW, I copied my smaller disk E (Platter drive) to larger disk G (SSD) and would like it to function just like the smaller E drive did....