Windows 10: Data D: disappeared after a bluescreen/Windows10

Discus and support Data D: disappeared after a bluescreen/Windows10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys. I just got a blue screen and after the reboot my data D: disappeared. I have so much data there.. more than 1000 Gb.. all my work. :/ I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anna0819, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Anna0819 Win User

Data D: disappeared after a bluescreen/Windows10

Hey guys. I just got a blue screen and after the reboot my data D: disappeared. I have so much data there.. more than 1000 Gb.. all my work. :/

I was trying to bring it back using the disk management but i dont have many options there. Except the OS (C), the right menu for all other partitions in the list is not active. The only option i have on the right menu when i click on any partition from the list is "Help".

Could you please help? Appreciated. Thank you for your attention

Data D: disappeared after a bluescreen/Windows10 c5b9fffa-4d8e-4e55-b241-fc60990fd732?upload=true.png

:)

Anna0819, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Bross76 Win User

All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

Hello everyone

I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA.

After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D (DATA) suddenly looked to have disappeared. Steam is still working but all games show as uninstalled, Origin isn't even working at all anymore, all my music, videos etc can't be found and played anymore.

When trying to play a mp3 from "recent files", it says that drive D is not available and the file can't be found.

Drive D is still visible and can be opened but it appears almost empty, which shouldn't be the case. I think all my data is still there but can't be seen. I can still see all my Origin and Steam games in the Apllications list. It's like the data is not available or recognized anymore. The laptop runs fine (fast, no weird noises, no system error).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Bross76, Jul 8, 2019
  3. KR1021 Win User
    D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Bross76 Win User

All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

Yes, D: is one single disk, no partitions.

Will try your suggestion later on and report, thanks

Bross76, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Data D: disappeared after a bluescreen/Windows10 - Similar Threads - Data disappeared bluescreen

2. Bluescreen on Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen on Windows10: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhhmZVxRV6x9lTWZ7JS4d5W6AGIt?e=2Dk35pI recently installed Ch341 driver to change my usb serial port to usb com ch349 port to interface with arduino IDE. My windows 10 did not allow me to update driver and assigned a default usb driver , so I used developer...
  3. Bluescreen on Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen on Windows10: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhhmZVxRV6x9lTWZ7JS4d5W6AGIt?e=2Dk35pI recently installed Ch341 driver to change my usb serial port to usb com ch349 port to interface with arduino IDE. My windows 10 did not allow me to update driver and assigned a default usb driver , so I used developer...
  4. Bluescreen on Windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. D drive disappear after restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive disappear after restarting: So when I turn off my pc and turn it on againMy d drive window pops and disappears very quicklyAnd my D drive also disappears The data and everything is there but I have to assign it a drive letter everytime.How can I fix this ?...
  6. Bluescreen problem of Windows10

Bluescreen problem of Windows10: Hello, Early in 2021/8/16, the pc often shows bluescreen with error number: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER, this was after changing of DC-IN cable aiming for repair of the problem of difficult in OS starting.Several times the pc was updated for windows or DELL but nearly not used until...
  7. Ndu.sys bluescreen Windows10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ndu.sys bluescreen Windows10.: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 on HP-15, Intel i5. I've got a BSOD error with the following code : "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" caused by driver "Ndu.sys". Here is the .dmp file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sJtcX1vVp2m-GNq-E0cco16FzH7ImGrE/view?usp=sharing Recently...
  8. Data loss after Windows10 Update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data loss after Windows10 Update?: Hello, community, I still have Windows 7 on my laptop (year 2015) I am aware that I can update to Win10 for free. However, I am still concerned about the question of whether my data will be lost? Does everything remain the same (desktop/own files ect pp) after the update?...
  9. Bluescreen problem with Windows10?

Bluescreen problem with Windows10?: Hey guys, I have a stupid blue screen on my Windows 10. Unfortunately I can't get into safe mode either, because it performs a restart in an endless loop and then ends up back at the blue screen. So there's nothing I can do about it, someone had this problem once?...
  10. All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized: Hello everyone I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA. After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D...