Windows 10: Data D Drive

Discus and support Data D Drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer has relatively low storage space. My computer shows me that under "storage on other devices" an internal drive has 920 GB of storage. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/To_the_Guillotine, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Data D Drive

My computer has relatively low storage space. My computer shows me that under "storage on other devices" an internal drive has 920 GB of storage. I am trying to move Steam apps to this drive but I have no way of doing this. I have no way to send the applications to the other drive. Does anybody know how to do this?

submitted by /u/To_the_Guillotine
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/To_the_Guillotine, Mar 17, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Bross76 Win User
    All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

Hello everyone

I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA.

After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D (DATA) suddenly looked to have disappeared. Steam is still working but all games show as uninstalled, Origin isn't even working at all anymore, all my music, videos etc can't be found and played anymore.

When trying to play a mp3 from "recent files", it says that drive D is not available and the file can't be found.

Drive D is still visible and can be opened but it appears almost empty, which shouldn't be the case. I think all my data is still there but can't be seen. I can still see all my Origin and Steam games in the Apllications list. It's like the data is not available or recognized anymore. The laptop runs fine (fast, no weird noises, no system error).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Bross76, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Data D Drive

No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Data D Drive

1. Data D Drive - Similar Threads - Data Drive

2. My external hard drive suddenly became inaccessible, and I have important data stored on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external hard drive suddenly became inaccessible, and I have important data stored on...: Yesterday, when I connected external hard drive to my computer I was shocked to find that it was inaccessible. I rely on this external drive to store work-related files. However, when I tried to access it, I received an error message stating that the drive is not accessible....
  3. My external hard drive suddenly became inaccessible, and I have important data stored on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external hard drive suddenly became inaccessible, and I have important data stored on...: Yesterday, when I connected external hard drive to my computer I was shocked to find that it was inaccessible. I rely on this external drive to store work-related files. However, when I tried to access it, I received an error message stating that the drive is not accessible....
  4. My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...: Every time I connect my USB drive to my computer, I'm met with a message asking me to format the drive before use. If anyone has encountered a similar situation or knows of a way to bypass the formatting prompt and retrieve the data safely, your advice would be invaluable....
  5. My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...

My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...: Every time I connect my USB drive to my computer, I'm met with a message asking me to format the drive before use. If anyone has encountered a similar situation or knows of a way to bypass the formatting prompt and retrieve the data safely, your advice would be invaluable....
  6. Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone: Hi, I tried to reinstall Windows 11 by reset my PC and choose 'Remove Everything' then choose 'only the drive where Windows is installed' which is drive C but when it is completed , all my the data in drive D is gone.How can I recover my files? Pls help.....
  7. Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone

Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone: Hi, I tried to reinstall Windows 11 by reset my PC and choose 'Remove Everything' then choose 'only the drive where Windows is installed' which is drive C but when it is completed , all my the data in drive D is gone.How can I recover my files? Pls help.....
  8. Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.: I've reached a point where I've already tried all possible options to salvage my notebook unsuccessfully. Starting in safe mode, checking BIOS, and scanning hardware, as well as using the SFC command Unfortunately, none of them helped resolve the black screen after login....
  9. Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.

Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.: I've reached a point where I've already tried all possible options to salvage my notebook unsuccessfully. Starting in safe mode, checking BIOS, and scanning hardware, as well as using the SFC command Unfortunately, none of them helped resolve the black screen after login....
  10. After installing Windows 10 my second hard drive is not showing partitions or data

After installing Windows 10 my second hard drive is not showing partitions or data: Below is all the data from System Information, just the machine and the drives.Basically, I reinstalled Windows 10 on the SSD drive. It had two partitions that I had made, one for windows and one for programs that run faster from the SSD. I have two Seagate hard drives, one...