Windows 10: Data Deleted After A Reset on my Windows 10 Pro. How To Restore Files.

Discus and support Data Deleted After A Reset on my Windows 10 Pro. How To Restore Files. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having issues with my Windows recently. At times I cannot scan my fingerprint to log in. Today they've asked me to key in my pin as my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgiaLai, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Data Deleted After A Reset on my Windows 10 Pro. How To Restore Files.

Hi, I've been having issues with my Windows recently. At times I cannot scan my fingerprint to log in. Today they've asked me to key in my pin as my laptop coudnt scan my fingerprint. Suddenly, my entire windows went into reset mode and wiped out all my data and now its like Ive just got a new laptop all over again. I really need help as Ive got really important documents saved in my laptop. Please help! Are there any ways to recover my files? Thanks!

:)

GeorgiaLai, Nov 3, 2019
  2. MPREv Win User

Clearing (and restoring) Private data

Hi I have some Questions about „cleaning“ up or removing personal/private data & configuration from a Windows 10 PC.

It is about a PC that should be sent to the Vendor to get repaired.
    It is not my PC but from a friend.
    Usually in such a case I would create an image from the System and reset the OS to factory settings to wipe the data/settings.
    But this time I don’t have enough space (and will not have time for it) (Don’t need suggestions for Imaging).

The normal Data (documents, pictures …) are regularly saved / backup so not needed to be saved additionally.
    The goal would be removing / backing up the personal Data (in a fast and space saving way) to have them removed and make it possible to put them back, but not deleting /removing the installed Programs, applications and Games (Win32).

From my experience with Windows 7 or Older PCs I would also:

• Browser: backup Profile and clean it (Easy to restore)
    • Mail Program: backup Profile and clean it (Easy to restore)
    • Change User password (easy to restore)

But as for Windows 10 there are some new … implications about the

• connected Microsoft account
    • and the Apps

How to deal with them?
    How to remove / disconnect them in a way I can restore afterwards again?

MPREv, Nov 3, 2019
  3. jellyroll Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CData Deleted After A Reset on my Windows 10 Pro. How To Restore Files. :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CData Deleted After A Reset on my Windows 10 Pro. How To Restore Files. :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Data Deleted After A Reset on my Windows 10 Pro. How To Restore Files.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Data Deleted After A Reset on my Windows 10 Pro. How To Restore Files.

1. Data Deleted After A Reset on my Windows 10 Pro. How To Restore Files. - Similar Threads - Data Deleted Reset

2. how to restore a deleted file in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to restore a deleted file in windows 10: I accidently deleted files from think or swim platform, is there a way to restore them again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-a-deleted-file-in-windows-10/6c50bac5-b178-4430-bcfe-d639b99f7d3a
  3. how to restore a deleted file in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to restore a deleted file in windows 10: I accidently deleted files from think or swim platform, is there a way to restore them again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-a-deleted-file-in-windows-10/6c50bac5-b178-4430-bcfe-d639b99f7d3a
  4. how to restore a deleted file in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restore files/data after downgrade windows 11 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore files/data after downgrade windows 11 to windows 10: Dear all, As the window 11 was causing some problems, I decided to go back to my usual windows 10. I had windows 11 for more than 10 days, so I couldn't do the normal back-up. I just downloaded the windows 10 without doing any back-up, but now all files are gone. Is there any...
  6. restore files after windows reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore files after windows reset: I reset my windows 10 with the wkeep my files' option. After the reset all my files are only accessible via onedrive but doesn't appear in the local folders and the onedrive has no storage space left I only have the basic 5 giga and my files are about 60 giga how can i...
  7. restoring files after windows reset

restoring files after windows reset: My webcam was not being detected. After asking questions here and searching the ends of the earth I found no answers except to perform a system reset. I backed up my file to my Seagate External 1TB Hard Drive, and this is where all hell broke loose. Went to restore files,...
  8. How to Restore Deleted Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Restore Deleted Files?: I transferred photos and videos from my iPhone to a newly created folder iPhone Pics 6 on my laptop. Then by mistake, I pressed some keys maybe ctrl + z, then the iPhone Pics 6 folder disappeared. I tried to undo what I did, then in a flash a window opened saying 1770 files...
  9. Can I restore my data after reset window 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I restore my data after reset window 10?: I had reset my window 10 and chosen wrong option and lost all of data. I used EaseUS Data Recovery to recovery my data but i receive only SWF file. Is there any way to get my data back?...
  10. restore files after reset

restore files after reset: =had to reset and now want to restore apps in removed apps they are all in one file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-files-after-reset/a089fc11-8c0e-4b9e-8de7-468147bf0c94