Windows 10: Data Discs

Discus and support Data Discs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am old so have a lot of old pictures on data discs. Some pictures on the disc won't open, reason being given the file is protected. Just seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanetCoons, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Data Discs

I am old so have a lot of old pictures on data discs. Some pictures on the disc won't open, reason being given the file is protected. Just seems to have started this although I am still trying to straighten up this computer from a update crash a couple of years ago. Running windows 10 working with windows media player, Photos, Paint some others. pictures are jpg also have some on the computer that won't open from the crash that computer says doesn't recognize or need codec. The data disc pictures I took myself or the family took them. (jpg) computer says they are protected!

:)

JanetCoons, Apr 27, 2019

2. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Data Discs

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Data Discs

1. Data Discs - Similar Threads - Data Discs

2. not view the some data from external disc in multiple computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not view the some data from external disc in multiple computer: After saved folderf_name from computer_1 with window10 at SSD external disc, connected the external at other computer_2 with windows 10 and view all folder and file not the f_name folder .The f_name folder i can view only at computer1 .Can i help me what is the reasons for...
  3. when I burn data to cd disc why does it always say "tempory burn folder". I can't change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I burn data to cd disc why does it always say "tempory burn folder". I can't change it: when I burn data to cd disc why does it always say "tempory burn folder". I can't change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-burn-data-to-cd-disc-why-does-it-always-say/c7286c53-ccfe-4409-84e4-0d334eb58a92
  4. when I burn data to cd disc why does it always say "tempory burn folder". I can't change it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I burn data to cd disc why does it always say "tempory burn folder". I can't change it: when I burn data to cd disc why does it always say "tempory burn folder". I can't change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-burn-data-to-cd-disc-why-does-it-always-say/c7286c53-ccfe-4409-84e4-0d334eb58a92
  5. How can i restore my disc D data and repair my desktop file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i restore my disc D data and repair my desktop file: I changed my desktop folder location from disk C to disk D and i want to get it back to disk C. Now on my disk D I have only my desktop files and i want my old files back. It says i have 90gb out of 931gb left like when it was before but i cant find my files also my desktop...
  6. How can i restore my disc D data and repair my desktop file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i restore my disc D data and repair my desktop file: I changed my desktop folder location from disk C to disk D and i want to get it back to disk C. Now on my disk D I have only my desktop files and i want my old files back. It says i have 90gb out of 931gb left like when it was before but i cant find my files also my desktop...
  7. How can i restore my disc D data and repair my desktop file

8. File Format for Long-term Data Storage, Burning of Blu-Ray M-Discs

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File Format for Long-term Data Storage, Burning of Blu-Ray M-Discs: The conventional thought is that when you store data for long-term storage, you convert the data into a format that will last for decades. It should be in NTFS or FAT and file formats that will be around in decades. For example, they do not recommend that files should be...
  9. Cannot load a cd data disc

Cannot load a cd data disc: I have many cd's that I cannot load. I put them in the cd tray and nothing happens. What can I do to troubleshoot this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-load-a-cd-data-disc/7c5f1b45-c7e2-4572-a9a7-19be3b919edf
  10. If I want to reinstall windows 10 from my repair disc will this delete my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I want to reinstall windows 10 from my repair disc will this delete my data?: I have a questions: 1. first I want to repair my windows 10 for this do I need to use system image file from my usb or repair disc? 2. While I reset my windows from repair disc will this delete all my computer data also of all partition like b,c,d drives?...