Windows 10: data Disk drive read is alwasy at like 100 when I download something and read speed is very...

Discus and support data Disk drive read is alwasy at like 100 when I download something and read speed is very... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; https://1drv.ms/u/s!BKe-aOpPIFVdiAtFBYtEEBNGzbY4?e=703Xbp I ran a performance test.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TomHerrera1231, Apr 16, 2020.

1. data Disk drive read is alwasy at like 100 when I download something and read speed is very...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!BKe-aOpPIFVdiAtFBYtEEBNGzbY4?e=703Xbp

I ran a performance test.

:)

TomHerrera1231, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Low Read and Write disk speeds (Windows 10)

the boot speed is fine, used to be slow but i fixed that. The main issue is the disk speeds. because i notice on start up after boot the disk is 100% with very poor write and read speeds. Focus on the Hard disk please. "There
    is a lot of system HD writing." is this fixable?

Joe Boughton, Apr 16, 2020
  4. GrimGrape Win User

data Disk drive read is alwasy at like 100 when I download something and read speed is very...

Hard Drive 100% active time on every boot up, with very low read and write speeds, any help?

So I am running an HP laptop with a 1TB hard drive, a Hitachi 5400rpm drive. On windows 8 and on windows 10, nearly every boot up (from Shut Down and Sleep) causes my disk to have 100% active time and read speeds in the neighborhood of 3-10 MB/s, writes
    of 5MB and often less. It becomes extremely slow and during this 2-5 minute period, taking an entire minute to launch any programs like Chrome. here is a coppied graph data from task manager, pay attention to active time, reads, writes, and respince times; Disk
    0 (C: Ddata Disk drive read is alwasy at like 100 when I download something and read speed is very... :)

Hitachi HTS541010A9E680 SATA Disk Device

Capacity: 932 GB

Formatted: 931 GB

System disk: Yes

Page file: Yes

Read speed 9.4 MB/s

Write speed 433 KB/s

Active time 100%

Average response time 18890 ms

Yesterday, I found a thread that could stop Windows Defender from hogging most of this problem, and altered it in resource manager, yet it STILL uses 30-70% disk activity on most every boot up. Task manager shows many different programs that would be easy,
    background, small tasks, becoming a huge struggle and they too start to hog as much disk time as possible, when they should only use a few, maybe 10% disk time and my drive should be reading at 100 MB/s and writing at 90 MB/s.

If anyone has a solution for this, it would be much appreciated. If anyone knows this as a hard drive failure, please let me know. Here is what a good Task Manager load looks like;

Disk 0 (C: Ddata Disk drive read is alwasy at like 100 when I download something and read speed is very... :)

Hitachi HTS541010A9E680 SATA Disk Device

Capacity: 932 GB

Formatted: 931 GB

System disk: Yes

Page file: Yes

Read speed 91.6 MB/s

Write speed 32.7 KB/s

Active time 98%

Average response time 10300 ms

This was under a performance test by Pass Mark.

GrimGrape, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

data Disk drive read is alwasy at like 100 when I download something and read speed is very...

1. data Disk drive read is alwasy at like 100 when I download something and read speed is very... - Similar Threads - data Disk drive

2. Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 100% usage with no read or write.: I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the newest update, sfc, dism, memory check, and disk repair. It still does not work well. It start the error when heavy load occurs...
  3. Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 100% usage with no read or write.: I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the newest update, sfc, dism, memory check, and disk repair. It still does not work well. It start the error when heavy load occurs...
  4. Seagate Disk always 100% usage with no response time, read speed, or write speed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Seagate Disk always 100% usage with no response time, read speed, or write speed.: Hi! This is my first time to ask a question or post a forum in Windows or Microsoft.It's been going on for 3 weeks, whenever I install my Seagate Expansion 2tb external disk, it automatically goes 10 100% Active time with no Response time, and no read/write speed.Addition to...
  5. Disk 0 read/write at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 0 read/write at 100%: My Disk 0 C: drive is at 100% read/write yet I am not doing anything on the computer. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home but had this problem on Windows 10 Home. I have tried all the suggestions given, that I deemed safe, that were out in the www, but to no avail. I am hoping not...
  6. Disk 0 read/write at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 0 read/write at 100%: My Disk 0 C: drive is at 100% read/write yet I am not doing anything on the computer. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home but had this problem on Windows 10 Home. I have tried all the suggestions given, that I deemed safe, that were out in the www, but to no avail. I am hoping not...
  7. USB Drive read/write 100%... very slow write

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drive read/write 100%... very slow write: I have a 6TB (mains-powered) external Seagate USB3 drive (used only for data backup) which might be failing? Or is there another reason the problem? An identical Seagate drive seems to perform fine (though I haven't done extensive side-by-side testing). When I start copying...
  8. Disk reading 100% and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk reading 100% and freezing: I have complained of this many times. Am using an Asus laptop, 1tb, 4Gb ram, 1.99Ghz. I have used the laptop for like 6months noe and i just discovered is hanging and disk reading 100%. I reset the system and it reduce. On a normal after booting it will read 98% or 100% and...
  9. Floppy disk drive not reading disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Floppy disk drive not reading disks: I have an external floppy disk drive that I have been using and it has stopped working with the message: "A: is not accessible. The disk media is not recognized. It may not be formatted."...
  10. System process reading disk 100% and making the system very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System process reading disk 100% and making the system very slow: I found out that the hard disk is 100% utilized. In Task Manager, the process that utilizes the disk the most is ESET Service. If I open Resource Monitor there are many instances of the System process that are reading the disk, not writing it. I have two partitions on my disk...