Windows 10: Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall

Discus and support Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled windows after a bad driver caused a cras . As I was doing a clean install, I unplugged my secondary storage drives to prevent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoshuaWigginton, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall

I recently reinstalled windows after a bad driver caused a cras . As I was doing a clean install, I unplugged my secondary storage drives to prevent wiping. When I reconnected and restarted afterwards, all but one works fine, with no data loss. The one that doesn't shows it as raw without data or partitions. I did previously have it connected to an Intel Optane memory module to speed it up but now its not showing. Is there any way to recovery the data? I could redownload most of it but as it's close to 5 terabytes, it would take either money (monthly data allowances) or months to do so.

:)

JoshuaWigginton, Jul 19, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    3. select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall [​IMG]

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall

1. Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall - Similar Threads - Data drive shows

2. Mail apps shows raw HTML data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail apps shows raw HTML data: Most of the email in my mail app are apparing as RAW HTML rather than rendering. I am using yahoo, windows 10. I have already tried reinstalling.all emails look similar to the below....
  3. Mail apps shows raw HTML data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail apps shows raw HTML data: Most of the email in my mail app are apparing as RAW HTML rather than rendering. I am using yahoo, windows 10. I have already tried reinstalling.all emails look similar to the below....
  4. Recovery of C drive data after windows reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery of C drive data after windows reinstallation.: My Laptop is Lenovo Ideapad L340. I did a recent windows update on 2022/05/30, driver power state failure occurred after restarting the machine. Initially, I did a couple of power on/off, but the screen just froze and nothing worked and the same driver power state failure...
  5. Recovery of C drive data after windows reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery of C drive data after windows reinstallation.: My Laptop is Lenovo Ideapad L340. I did a recent windows update on 2022/05/30, driver power state failure occurred after restarting the machine. Initially, I did a couple of power on/off, but the screen just froze and nothing worked and the same driver power state failure...
  6. Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive: I have a laptop ( Dell Inspiron 15 7559 ). I have already filled up the details of my laptop. Running Windows 10 Version 20H2. I swapped my laptop's internal HDD with an SSD and I have been using that HDD as a external backup drive for videos ( Running 2 small Youtube...
  7. RAW Hard Drive Data Loss

RAW Hard Drive Data Loss: Windows 10 1909 x64 So I had mounting a Hard Drive to VMware and access the drive through VMware. One day I tried to access the data on the drive and Windows detected the drive as a Raw drive and I had know idea what do so I looked online and people suggested running chkdsk...
  8. RAW Hard Drive Data Loss

in Windows 10 Support
    RAW Hard Drive Data Loss: Windows 10 1909 x64 So I had mounting a Hard Drive to VMware and access the drive through VMware. One day I tried to access the data on the drive and Windows detected the drive as a Raw drive and I had know idea what do so I looked online and people suggested running chkdsk...
  9. Secondary drive showing as RAW after Win10 update

Secondary drive showing as RAW after Win10 update: I'm rather late with updating to Win10, but yesterday I upgraded my Win 7 machine to Win 10. Everything went perfect except one of my HDD's is no longer being recognized. Yesterday it was simply not being detected; after a reboot however it is now seen in the Disk Manager as...
  10. Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Save RAW drive - Don't want data: One of my WD Green 2tb drives has become raw and can't be used. Windows will not complete a format of it. Shows up in my computer. Is there any way of saving this drive? 32601