Windows 10: Data encryption

Discus and support Data encryption in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If I go to Manage Bitlocker, their is no drive listed in the fixed data drive.....i am using windows 10 enterprise.....please help me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LangooFaisal, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Data encryption

If I go to Manage Bitlocker, their is no drive listed in the fixed data drive.....i am using windows 10 enterprise.....please help me

:)

LangooFaisal, Nov 30, 2018

2. Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Pro - How do I disable encryption of my data

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Are you using any third party software to Encrypt data's\files? Or is it automatically encrypting your data’s and files?
    If your data’s are encrypt by Bit locker you can follow the below link
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide. (It works same way on Windows 10).

Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide

Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Data encryption

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Data encryption

1. Data encryption - Similar Threads - Data encryption

2. BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?: When enabling BitLocker and encrypting the only drive with Windows 11 Pro on it it took seconds to "encrypt" a drive. Then in the local group policy editor I can enable TPM+PIN, but still - I didn't have a prompt to choose between "encrypting everything, which will take more...
  3. BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?: When enabling BitLocker and encrypting the only drive with Windows 11 Pro on it it took seconds to "encrypt" a drive. Then in the local group policy editor I can enable TPM+PIN, but still - I didn't have a prompt to choose between "encrypting everything, which will take more...
  4. Encrypt contents to secure data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypt contents to secure data: Hi, I'm trying to lock my folder and tried applying some advanced settings. However, I'm unable to select the option 'Encrypt contents to secure data' in the advanced attributes. Please find attached the screenshot. Please let me know how I can change these settings. Thank...
  5. Encrypt contents to secure data

Encrypt contents to secure data: Hi, I'm trying to lock my folder and tried applying some advanced settings. However, I'm unable to select the option 'Encrypt contents to secure data' in the advanced attributes. Please find attached the screenshot. Please let me know how I can change these settings. Thank...
  6. Encrypt Contents to secure data button IS NOT AVAILABLE on WINDOWS 10. I tried a solution...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypt Contents to secure data button IS NOT AVAILABLE on WINDOWS 10. I tried a solution...: Encrypt Contents to secure data button IS NOT AVAILABLE on WINDOWS 10. I tried a solution as mentioned in one of the Threads Windows+R , regedit..but it does not work- other users too have mentioned that this solutions does not work. Why does Microsoft make things so...
  7. Encrypt Contents to secure data button IS NOT AVAILABLE on WINDOWS 10. I tried a solution...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypt Contents to secure data button IS NOT AVAILABLE on WINDOWS 10. I tried a solution...: Encrypt Contents to secure data button IS NOT AVAILABLE on WINDOWS 10. I tried a solution as mentioned in one of the Threads Windows+R , regedit..but it does not work- other users too have mentioned that this solutions does not work. Why does Microsoft make things so...
  8. Encrypt Contents to secure data button IS NOT AVAILABLE on WINDOWS 10. I tried a solution...

9. Bitlocker hardware encrypted data drive not unlocked on hibernation wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker hardware encrypted data drive not unlocked on hibernation wake up: Hello, I've enabled bitlocker hardware-encryption for a volume on a secondary drive. Now, whenever my laptop wakes up from hibernation, the locked volume on the secondary drive isn't unlocked and becomes impossible to unlock. Issuing manage-bde commands manually reports...
  10. Bitlocker hardware encrypted data drive not unlocked on hibernation wake up

Bitlocker hardware encrypted data drive not unlocked on hibernation wake up: Hello, I've enabled bitlocker hardware-encryption for a volume on a secondary drive. Now, whenever my laptop wakes up from hibernation, the locked volume on the secondary drive isn't unlocked and becomes impossible to unlock. Issuing manage-bde commands manually reports...